PDA

View Full Version : TdF podium predictions..

gasman
07-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Ok, so now that the tour is in the final week and everyone who made predictions of Heras, Mayo or Hamilton being on the podium in Paris are now wrong. Who will be there and in what order ?
We should be easy. Right ? :rolleyes:
I say Lance, Kloden and Basso. In that order.

Climb01742
07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
lance, basso, jan

Dr. Doofus
07-20-2004, 02:50 PM
huey, dewey, louie

no, lance, ivan, jan. jan busts ass for pride in the last week and flatters to deceive for 2005....

Tom
07-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Larry, Moe, Curly.

tom2517
07-20-2004, 03:18 PM
Lance, Jan, and Ivan.

Two more TT to go, so there is a chance that Jan can overtake Basso.

By the way, Phil Ligget wrote Lance should be able to catch Basso in tomorrows TT.

Dr. Doofus
07-20-2004, 06:07 PM
if lance catches basso in the tt, he'll be the first yellow jersey to catch 2nd place in a tt since...

jan ulrich, 1997

ouch

Elefantino
07-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Those were my original picks. "Tyler" was a pick with my heart, I knew better, so it shouldn't count.

Therefore, I go to my fourth pick, Ullrich, who will smother Kloden with a pillow tonight and finish third.

Yay, me! :banana:

BigMac
07-21-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm sticking with my original picks, albeit w/ one minor change. Lance by big time to Jan followed by Basso. Actually I picked Sastre because I thought he was strongest climber on the second best team led by the sports' most aggressive director. Carlos still gets top 10 but it'll be Basso in 3rd afyter he is blown away by Lance and Jan in the big TT. I do wish I were wrong in picking Tyler and Mayo would DNF but well....that wasn't that tough a pick. The best story for me is Levi in top 10. I am looking forward to L'Alpe d'Huez TT, this could be compelling viewing. Unfortunately, the hotel here in Tulsa has no OLN or satellite coverage so I'm stuck with viewing a DVD being FedEx'd to me on Thursday. If Johan were to let the wolves run free (he won't), I honestly could see a 1-2 finish with Lance and Ace, respectively. Instead, Johan realizes Thursday's stage is perhaps the toughest this year so he keep the boy's reigned in and fresh, all except Lance of course who will win stage by 1:30 over closest finisher. Closest finisher? Phonak's has nothing to lose, maybe Gutierrez or Pereiro? FB's A. Gonzalez? Heras is no longer a contender in need of defending, how 'bout Igor GdG? Moreau adding to the revitalization of French racing stars? With 2 contending stars and a seemingly lack of defined roles, does Guerini put forth a big effort inspite of Thursday big stage? How 'bout Leipheimer and/or Rasmussen coming up big? Maybe Totschnig making a last ditch effort for the podium in Paris?

I do not bet but my money, as it were, is on Igor, Aitor, Giuseppe and Ace, in no particular order. Jan beats Kloden and Basso but loses another 3:00 to Lance. Saturday's TT will be the big Lance v Jan showdown. Lance by :25 over Jan, >3:00 over balance of field.

Does the mercury ever drop at night in Tulsa...uggh it's hot, sticky and I can't sleep. Should have bought a light so I could go out for a ride.

Ride on! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Andreu
07-21-2004, 02:37 AM
1: Hinault
2: Merckx
3: Kelly
whoops sorry daydreaming for a second

1: Basso (his dad needs the publicity to sell more bikes)
2: Ullrich (eats half a pound o´sausages and starts drinking German beer again which gives him renewed vigour)
3: Armstrong (he + team blow completely after spending too much time trying to wear the opposition down on the front at 30 mph)

....maybe I am still dreaming.
Zzzz
A :beer:

Too Tall
07-21-2004, 07:37 AM
Doh!