PDA

View Full Version : Q factor difference ?

pdxmech13
11-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Whats the difference if any between old campy aluminum record 05 and new DA.

Thanks as im tryin to pin down the reason for sore knees !

regularguy412
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Can't help with the Record stuff, but I will offer this: The new DA (arriving '07/'08) is slightly _NARROWER_ than my old DA 7410's -- which take a 103 mm BB. I am pretty impressed with the low Q-factor, considering they're using outboard bearings.

Have you tried moving your cleats _IN_ toward the cranks, effectively moving your shoes _OUT_, or adjusting the angle at which your feet meet the pedals (heels more in toward the chainstays than out, or vice versa)? I'm assuming you're having a low Q-factor issue, instead of one that's too wide. When my ex was racing and first started using clipless Looks, she had sore knees for a bit until we finally got the cleat inboard/outboard position and the angle to the pedal set correctly.

Mike in AR

pdxmech13
11-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Does this thread belong in the fit ?

BTW ive had both cleat and bike fitting

regularguy412
11-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Does this thread belong in the fit ?

BTW ive had both cleat and bike fitting

I dunno about belonging in the 'Fit' section, but over time and miles, your body can change. If it's been awhile since your fitting, you may want to explore some minor changes. Be sure to make only one change at a time, and ride that change for a few hundred miles to be 'sure' the change either will or won't work.

Mike in AR