PDA

View Full Version : Name these bars

adavis
07-20-2004, 10:38 AM
I am in the market for new bars, and I like the look of these. Does anyone know who makes them?

...the bike is pretty nice too.

adavis

Bruce H.
07-20-2004, 10:46 AM
I am not sure about the bars but the guy who constructed the bike appears to know what he's doing.
Actually that is another example of a georgeous Sachs by none other than our own e-R.
Hopefully he will answer your query since he put it together.
Beautiful looking machine!!!
Congrats to the owner!!
Bruce H.

saab2000
07-20-2004, 11:10 AM
..... a painted Deda Newton. I would guess that the bars are Newtons too, just the curved ones instead of the so-called ergo bend ones.

dgauthier
07-20-2004, 02:16 PM
I think you'll find the stem and bars are from TTT.

adavis
07-20-2004, 02:36 PM
dgauthier,

Do you know the model? I was just on the TTT site, and there are very few non-ergo bars. I am leaning towards the Ritchey Classics, but want to know the other non-ergo bar options.

Thanks,
adavis

dgauthier
07-20-2004, 02:55 PM
If you go to E-Richie's site, there's a nice closeup of the stem and bars:

http://www.richardsachs.com/03signature_gallery/index.html

Take a look at 03sigstembars.jpg, the second image from the bottom. That painted stem looks like a 3TTT Zepp, and there's a logo on the bars that seems to say Prima 220. Must be old, because TTT offers the Prima 199 these days.

If you like non-ergo bars, many European makers offer non-ergo versions of each of their models, if I'm not mistaken. (Lance's non-ergo Deda 215's come immediately to mind . . .) The non-ergo models just don't seem to be stocked as readily here in the U.S, but they are available all the same. Your LBS should be able to order any of them for you.

Rich_W
07-21-2004, 06:13 AM
They are called Deda 215 Shallow with the classic bend. I have them on both my road bikes.

adavis
07-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks Rich. I will try to chase them down. Given the popularity of this bar type at le Tour, I am surprised they are not more available in the states.

Does anyone know of a place in the Denver area with a good bar selection. I have not had good luck cruising the web, and I would rather not drive to every shop.

Thanks,
Andy

Benjamin
07-21-2004, 09:23 AM
must be old, indeed. the 220s i just got (used, even) have the ergo drop.

Keith A
07-21-2004, 12:30 PM
The shallow drop 215s are available, but the big mail-order places don't carry them. A good alternative is the Ritchey WCS Road Classic which is stocked by Excel Sports.

If you do a search on Deda 215 using www.qbike.com, you will see several stores that stock the shallow drop version.

I really like the Deda 215 shallow drop and have this on most of my bikes. I'm also using the Ritchey WCS Road Classic on one bike and it comes in a close 2nd.

Bittersweet
07-21-2004, 01:54 PM
www.competitivecyclist.com
has the 215 shallow drop. I'm not affiliated with the shop but have purchased a bike from them.

Bruce K
07-21-2004, 02:00 PM
Based on their website, I'd try Excel Sports in Boulder.

You might want to call them first and see how much is at the store vs their warehouse.

I have dealt with these guys on many on-line purchases as well as telephone purchases and they have always been great. They even refunded a purchase on a set of aerobars that USPS said was delivered that I never received.

Good luck.

BK

adavis
07-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I will go to Excel. The nice thing is their storefront and warehouse are the same thing. They have been great to me in the past. I didn't see the Deda's shallow drops listed on their site, but they do have the Ritchey Classics. It is likely they have more inventory than is listed on the site.