PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding Easton Vista Wheels with Eno Hub

Acotts
10-31-2007, 12:16 PM
So, I am looking to build a fixed with some parts I have laying around. I was hoping to lace a White Eno centric hub into the some Easton Vista SLs. Am i going to run into any problems? I remember hearing that Eastons are laced funny or use funny spoke.

Is this something I can do myself, or should leave it for a shop to do (if so, what is expected cost of rebuilding a wheel if you provide the parts.)?

Also, it looks like there are different sizes for these hubs. I will be putting them onto a typical aluminum road rame (a large, I think size 60) that is only a few years old? The wheels are 700cc? Is a 135 what I need?

Thanks for your help folks.

-A

MarcusPless
10-31-2007, 02:01 PM
You probably want a hub with 130mm spacing. Shops here in San Diego usually charge anywhere from $35 to $50 in labor to build a wheel (assuming a reasonable spoke count). I don't know how crazy a shop would be about building a wheel with your supplied parts. I've had shops build a wheel where I brought in a hub and brand new rim I had laying around, but I paid them to supply the spokes/nipples (usually about $1 per spoke).

--Marcus

Frog Hair
10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
As I'm also exploring this option right now (as referred by many others on this board), anyone have a wheel builder referral for said Eno project? It seems like with all the great pre-fab light weight wheels, I don't see many shops who specialize in traditional wheel building anymore. Or rather, I guess I just have not looked in a long time.

MarcusPless
10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
I know you can order wheels built on ENO hubs from Harris Cyclery. A friend of mine did just that a few months ago; after they confirmed his order they put it into the wheelbuilder's "queue", the wheel was built the next morning, and shipped that afternoon.

--Marcus