PDA

View Full Version : OT-Bizzare Incident That Happened To Me and My Wife In My New Car!

Sandy
10-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I bought a new car at the end of July. The model is called a Cayman S. A rather bizzare and most distressful situation occurred to my wife and myself in my car. The description of such first appeared in the Cayman Club forum. In it I refer to the Cayman S as CS. The incident was very stressful to my wife and myself. I am sure that you can easily relate the incident to a favorite bike of yours:

My Encounter in my CS with a pair of drunks!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife and I had just had a nice lunch together in a small aflluent town near where we live and we we had just gotten back into my new CS to continue the wonderful day that we were sharing. We were planning to go for a long drive in the country.

As we were starting to leave, a very loud pair of drunks approached us in a very aggressive manner, sending unbelievable obscenities our way. One was a young disheveled man and the other a much older woman walking with a cane. Their profane tirade went on literally for minutes, as we could not leave our parking place as they had the car blocked. My wife asked me if I was going to do anything and I calmly told her that they would stop soon. They were just a sad pair of helpless drunks.

The screaming became worse, with the normal abusive comments about us being rich Porsche owners..... My wife looked at them and then at me in disbelief. Instead of the situation improving, it deteriorated quickly, with the male drunk increasing the salvo of his tirade- now aimed directly at my wife. She seemed aghast as I just sat calmly there. She could not believe that I wouldn't do anything about this drunk "attacking her". I informed her that the pair was just inebriated and they simply had problems.

Then the burly drunk really escalated the situation when my wife rolled down the window, crying, begging the guy to stop the tirade and just let us go. The drunk reached into the car, grabbed my wife, and started choking her. After a couple of minutes, she fought him off, and the situation appeared to get calmer- except my wife was now really angry at me as I had not intervened to help her (I am a 4th degree black belt). I told her that violence is no solution, I knew that sooner or later she would free herself from the grip of the drunk, and the pair simply had real problems, were down on life, and needed our help. My wife was hysterical- I know not why.

Then it happened, right before my eyes- The old drunk lady slipped next to my car. I got out of the car to help her get up and there it was.....her fingerprint on my brand new CS. It must have happened as she fell, or when she was getting up. I, of course was infuriated, took her cane and just beat and beat on her... until she lay there motionless.

My wife was amazed, screaming at me for probably killing the old drunk, but did nothing to aid her when she was attacked in the car. I tried to explain to her the seriousness of what the old drunk lady did- My car- My new car- My 2008 CS. A fingerprint on it...

The police and ambulance came. The ambulance took away the woman. The police took away the drunk man. I was not arrested, as I simply showed the police officer the fingerprint. The ambulance driver noted that the lady looked as is she was dead, but not to worry about it, as it appeared to be justifiable homicide.

I never heard about the situation again...except from my wife...who just doesn't get it... :)

:) Sensitive Sandy :)

saab2000
10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
RU4Real?....!!!!????

DarkStar
10-30-2007, 06:56 PM
***!

soulspinner
10-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Halloween fools?

markie
10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Is this meant to demonstrate Porsche owners are idiots? :confused:

fiamme red
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I tried to explain to her the seriousness of what the old drunk lady did- My car- My new car- My 2008 CS. A fingerprint on it...You should be glad that she didn't touch your bike - your new bike - your 2008 Serotta CSI!

Sandy
10-30-2007, 07:05 PM
RU4Real?....!!!!????

I forgot the :) face!. I made up the story.

Sandy

rhmiller
10-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm glad you could keep a sense of perspective and inner calmness throughout this ordeal. Was your Porsche ok?

Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Ralph

rwsaunders
10-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I guess you could match the fingerprint on the car to the fingerprints on your wife's neck if it really came down to it. :cool:

t. swartz
10-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Good that it wasn't your bike - your new bike - your 2008 CSI!
sandy's hijinks aside, a little while ago, over dinner, my daughter told me she wanted to trick or treat tomorrow night with a friend without me...that story trivializes my disappointment, thanks flamme for sharing that, i needed it!

markie
10-30-2007, 07:16 PM
I forgot the :) face!. I made up the story.

Sandy

Umm, yeah that was obvious. What is the moral of your story? Porsche owners are destined to be lonely old men?

Sandy
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Umm, yeah that was obvious. What is the moral of your story? Porsche owners are destined to be lonely old men?

Hope not. I am half way there- 68 in December.

Sandy

rwsaunders
10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
+1.

mike p
10-30-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm only sorry I wasted a minute reading it.

Mike

rounder
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
were they riding bikes?? harleys??

Sandy
10-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm only sorry I wasted a minute reading it.

Mike

It was a little story that I made up. Sorry that you did not like it.

Sandy

Sandy
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM
sandy's hijinks aside, a little while ago, over dinner, my daughter told me she wanted to trick or treat tomorrow night with a friend without me...that story trivializes my disappointment, thanks flamme for sharing that, i needed it!

She is probably just showing her independence and her desire to be with her friends and feel a little grown up. Don't be too disapppointed. Probably shows that you have taught her some independence and ability to be out with her peers and not depend entirely on you. Probably healthy. She is growing up. That is good. Not bad. Not easy. But good.

Sandy

mike p
10-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry Sandy,
I've had one **** storm of a day. Story wasn't that bad.

Mike

It was a little story that I made up. Sorry that you did not like it.

Sandy

t. swartz
10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
she's at that age-she gets it from my wife, who's very independant and adventurous.

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Sandy, how COULD you beat up Ginger like that? She's already had a couple of motorcycle accidents, I don't know how many surgeries--and that's not even counting the rehab from that notorious nude skydiving incident! If you're REALLY lucky she won' remember the whole thing when she regains consciousness!

But that just PALES compared to what Kevan was doing to your poor wife! I thought you two were, well, YOU know . . . on better terms than that! He should be absolutely ASHAMED of himself! I'll discipline him SEVERELY (Heh, heh!) when I see him again!

BUT . . . as the owner of a new 2008 car myself, I can TOTALLY understand your reaction. And I applaud your restraint in not backing the car over Ginger as a coup de grace. Imagine! She actually got FINGERPRINTS on it?!?! I just hope to God it was one of those lighter colors that doesn't show prints so easily. Make sure and get it cleaned off immediately! I've heard the oil from those fingerprints reacts badly with sunlight unless you've gotten the optional $5,000 "Anti-fingerprint-stain" paint that Porsche now offers!

BBD

;) ;) ;)

chuckroast
10-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Buy your wife a Cayenne to go with your Cayman, then she'll get it.

Of course, you're never going to get it again, nudge nudge, wink wink.

link
10-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Ya shoulda gotten the Hummer ...and not the momma bear or the baby bear Hummer either. I'm talking the full meal - Schwarzenegger kinda Hummer repleat with camo and on-board arms.

Everybody knows that the disheveled drunk man was a retired war vet - they're all that way, man. He would've instantly seen the goodness and respected that Hummer, you and your fine woman.

Instead you're driving around in that POS like the Kaiser that you think you are.

Jeesh!

Louis
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Folks say that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, but that hasn't stopped me in the past:

No matter how I look at it, this story is in poor taste and not the type of thing I've come to expect from Sandy, who typically is one of the sweetest folks on the forum. I guess that's why it surprises me so much. I might expect this from one of the acknowledged bad boys (say Archibald ;) ) but not Sandy.

Louis

Blue Jays
10-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Sandy, you handled the fabricated situation absolutely perfectly.

Had you exited the vehicle at the first sign of trouble, drawn your concealed weapon, and shot the fictional goblin throttling your wife, it is possible the illusory bullet could have pierced his corpse and dinged the 2008 Porsche Cayman S.
That level of vehicular risk cannot be minimized. Good show, I say.

Z3c
10-30-2007, 09:35 PM
That is currently in the lead for the most pointless thing I have read on this site. I find it terrribly sad that some would consider it funny; esp sad that someone would spend their time writing it thinking it to be funny.

IMHO it shoud be removed.

Wow,

Scott

rinconryder
10-30-2007, 09:42 PM
That is currently in the lead for the most pointless thing I have read on this site. I find it terrribly sad that some would consider it funny; esp sad that someone would spend their time writing it thinking it to be funny.

IMHO it shoud be removed.

Wow,

Scott

+1

Sandy
10-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Sorry if I made up a story that is taken so neagatively by some. It was just a story, certainly not meant to be offensive to anyone or any group. I will never write another story on the forum. I will stay away for a while. It was just a joke, and if some of you found it not to be that way, sorry.

It won't happen again. Just let Pete or James delete the whole thing for good. I will delete my visits for a while. I will ask Pete and james to delete it.

Sandy

Louis
10-30-2007, 10:17 PM
I will never write another story on the forum. I will stay away for a while....I will delete my visits for a while.

Sandy, if you choose to do this, then the story will truly have an unhappy ending. You're a cherished member of our gang here, and CS story or not, I think I speak for us all, when I say that we do not want you to leave for any period of time, short or long.

Louis

Sandy
10-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I have sent a few of you PMs.rinconryder- Please delete some PMs in your message box.

Sandy

Ginger
10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Sandy, how COULD you beat up Ginger like that? She's already had a couple of motorcycle accidents, I don't know how many surgeries--and that's not even counting the rehab from that notorious nude skydiving incident! If you're REALLY lucky she won' remember the whole thing when she regains consciousness!

But that just PALES compared to what Kevan was doing to your poor wife! I thought you two were, well, YOU know . . . on better terms than that! He should be absolutely ASHAMED of himself! I'll discipline him SEVERELY (Heh, heh!) when I see him again!

BUT . . . as the owner of a new 2008 car myself, I can TOTALLY understand your reaction. And I applaud your restraint in not backing the car over Ginger as a coup de grace. Imagine! She actually got FINGERPRINTS on it?!?! I just hope to God it was one of those lighter colors that doesn't show prints so easily. Make sure and get it cleaned off immediately! I've heard the oil from those fingerprints reacts badly with sunlight unless you've gotten the optional $5,000 "Anti-fingerprint-stain" paint that Porsche now offers!

BBD

;) ;) ;)

Dave...

Good luck with that.

Your_Friend!
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Friends!

You Are All

_So_ Silly!

Love,
Y_F!

Sandy
10-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Sandy, if you choose to do this, then the story will truly have an unhappy ending. You're a cherished member of our gang here, and CS story or not, I think I speak for us all, when I say that we do not want you to leave for any period of time, short or long.

Louis

I try very hard to treat people with concern, compassion, and sensitivity. I am direct and totally honest and really never intentionally would say anything that is in poor taste or that might possibly offend someone. I abhor that type of behavior. Sometimes I fail people. Obviously, I have failed some of you herein. I am not precisely sure why. But I did.

I am tremendously critical of myself in most everything that I do, and am very sensitive. Obviously, I have upset and failed some of you, and that is very meaningful. If you interact with people you will sometimes make misakes. You will offend someone or say something unintentionally in poor taste. Certainly, to some, I did that herein. Interact less, say less, do less, and that type of reaction will occur less.

I am sincerely sorry that I upset anyone about anything in this thread. No more stories-- I will limit my exposure and limit saying something that someone will take so negatively.

Sorry Louis and some of the others.

Sandy

Wayne77
10-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Lighten up folks! It's OK! Porsche drivers are good enough, smart enough and gosh darn it, people like you!

WARNING: browsing the internet may be a psychologically harrowing experience fraught with misinformation disguised as truth, truth disguised as misinformation, hi-jinks, shenanigans, satire, cynicism, fluff, inane commentary, meaningless psycho-babble, and miscellaneous statements that may offend. All facts should be considered in light of said hazards and digested with a granule of salt. If such hazards cause undue emotional trauma, user is advised to avoid all online interaction and enroll in basket-weaving course of choice.

Sandy, it was funny, and please do stick around.

BTW, "+1" translated: "This discussion has exceeded my available bandwidth and I am thus forced to repeat whatever was stated by the last poster"

soulspinner
10-31-2007, 05:11 AM
How about a Cayman S ride report? I hear thats the poop. Best lookin one in the lineup too. What color is it Sandy?

BumbleBeeDave
10-31-2007, 05:29 AM
It's silly.

Silly.

SILLY, people! Hello!

Sandy's restricted to the house, taking care of his wife after her fall--which was NOT a fabricated story, BTW. Cut him some frickin' slack! I see no minority group that this story could possibly offend, save that of belligerent drunks.I've seen WAY more offensive stuff here than THIS . . .

BBD

Kevan
10-31-2007, 05:54 AM
you folk best not lay a finger on me.

Sandy,

You never told us...whatcha have for lunch?

BumbleBeeDave
10-31-2007, 06:06 AM
you folk best not lay a finger on me.

Sandy,

You never told us...whatcha have for lunch?

. . . was reserved for, uh, Sandy? :rolleyes:

(Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!)

BBD

Kevan
10-31-2007, 06:13 AM

You really need to get some perspective. You can't seem to see through your own thick forest that Sandy's self-deprecating black humor was meant as a Halloween joke. Instead, you take a stance that ruined what could have been made more fun with people's contribution. Lighten up!

paczki
10-31-2007, 06:27 AM
Friends!

You Are All

_So_ Silly!

Love,
Y_F!

+ 1000 pimp-slapping penguins

Wayne77
10-31-2007, 07:27 AM
You really need to get some perspective. You can't seem to see through your own thick forest that Sandy's self-deprecating black humor was meant as a Halloween joke. Instead, you take a stance that ruined what could have been made more fun with people's contribution. Lighten up!

Ironically, those reactions lend the tiniest hint of validity to a story we all knew was in jest. Scary.. but oh so funny!!

Happy Halloween!!

ThasFACE
10-31-2007, 07:31 AM
I have had the opportunity to drive a 'normal' Cayman and was suitably impressed by it's jungle-cat-like handling and quickness, so I do not doubt that the 'S' is fantastic. Congrats on the purchase.

Any chance you'll post a shot or two of the new ride?

BURCH
10-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Very good story. You had me going there all the way up until the fingerprint part. I was really worried about your wife getting the old ring around the collar and you not stepping in!!!

Good Stuff,
BURCH

barry1021
10-31-2007, 07:50 AM
+ 1000 pimp-slapping penguins

If it wasn't obvious to you from the first paragraph that it was joke, well, then...

and if you are offended by it, well again, then, get over it. It was not particularly funny and very obvious where it was going, so you spent 30 seconds of your life reading it, big deal. No different then the bumper sticker "My wife said it's either fishing or me, I am sure going to miss her." Stop trying to take political correctness to ridiculous levels...

b21

BumbleBeeDave
10-31-2007, 07:56 AM
If it wasn't obvious to you from the first paragraph that it was joke, well, then...

and if you are offended by it, well again, then, get over it. It was not particularly funny and very obvious where it was going, so you spent 30 seconds of your life reading it, big deal. No different then the bumper sticker "My wife said it's either fishing or me, I am sure going to miss her." Stop trying to take political correctness to ridiculous levels...

b21

VERY well said.

BBD

ben rabin
10-31-2007, 07:58 AM
oxygen returns. Nice job.

link
10-31-2007, 09:23 AM
I thought it was funny.

But I am part of the unwashed crowd in this gang and Sandy is somewhat of a Statesman 'round here ...as it were. Hmmmmmmmm....

...I grew up in So. MD (if there can really be a No. and So. part of the state) and Sandy is from MD. So, maybe that's the connection that makes us infected with a love of the absurd and humor in general.

...it's in the water folks.

djg
10-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Sandy, Sandy, only two pieces of advice come to mind. First, the car obviously is ruined. Even if the fingerprints existed only in your fevered imagination, the car's reputation has been sullied. You can drive it to my house and I'll hide it for you, no questions asked. If you'd rather, I can come pick it up.

Second, everybody likes to indulge a little at halloween, but you really do have to be careful when strangers tell you that candied mushrooms are a tasty and traditional native american treat.

By the way, how could you possibly have let anybody down by posting your story. Maybe some folks were amused, and some more than others, and some not so much. Nu? You have friends here, as well as people who do not know you but appreciate your posts. You cannot please all the people all the time, especially on the internet, and that's ok. No persons, dogs, or cars were harmed in the making of your post, I'm pretty sure.