PDA

View Full Version : sacha story from cross crusade

chrisroph
10-29-2007, 05:18 PM
"Yesterday I was at the Cross Crusade race in Astoria Oregon and after racing Master B’s, I hung out and watched others. I found myself at the big ride-up/run-up hill during the regular B’s. This being the annual Halloween race, lots of costumed riders, beer hand-ups, etc (trust me - you just have to be there…) So here comes Sacha up the hill, dressed in old fashioned knickers, white shirt, vest. He stops, parks his personal Vanilla, drapes a folded towel over his arm and calls down the hill “Mr Stewart, Mr Stewart!” Mr Stewart arrives, Sacha takes his bike, does a valet run-up for him, wipes the bike down (another Vanilla, naturally), and hands it over. One of the classiest moves on a course I have ever seen."

big shanty
10-29-2007, 05:32 PM
The bike valets also did the uncivilized barriers.

Too Tall
10-29-2007, 06:18 PM
"Yesterday I was at the Cross Crusade race in Astoria Oregon and after racing Master B’s, I hung out and watched others. I found myself at the big ride-up/run-up hill during the regular B’s. This being the annual Halloween race, lots of costumed riders, beer hand-ups, etc (trust me - you just have to be there…) So here comes Sacha up the hill, dressed in old fashioned knickers, white shirt, vest. He stops, parks his personal Vanilla, drapes a folded towel over his arm and calls down the hill “Mr Stewart, Mr Stewart!” Mr Stewart arrives, Sacha takes his bike, does a valet run-up for him, wipes the bike down (another Vanilla, naturally), and hands it over. One of the classiest moves on a course I have ever seen."

That's priceless :)

shinomaster
10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
***! I was right there on the hill next to the Mario brothers? Where were you?

coylifut
10-29-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah, Sacha's come a long way from losing his speedo in the woods at Johnson farm and doing a lap wearing nothing but long-finger gloves and a helmet. Of course, it was snowing that day.

Sacha White
10-29-2007, 09:33 PM
yeah, Sacha's come a long way from losing his speedo in the woods at Johnson farm and doing a lap wearing nothing but long-finger gloves and a helmet. Of course, it was snowing that day.

It was my birthday that day...

shinomaster
10-29-2007, 10:55 PM

Was there shrinkage?

RABikes2
10-30-2007, 12:47 AM
I miss all the good rides... :crap: :D
RA

shinomaster
10-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Terry, is that how Johnson farm got it's name? :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2007, 05:34 AM
. . . going downhill REAL fast . . . I'm afraid there will be no valet run-up for THIS one! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

BBD

Too Tall
10-30-2007, 07:03 AM
Surprisingly refreshing...I'm experimenting with Ad Campaign slogans :rolleyes:

Steelhead
10-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Terry, is that how Johnson farm got it's name? :banana:

:D Good one.

coylifut
10-30-2007, 10:15 AM
It was my birthday that day...

what I remember about that day is you starting out with some kind of furry briefs. I come around a corner and there you are in front of me and all I can see is helmet, but crack and shoes. It took a while to come to grips with the fact that you were naked.

Those were good times, back when the crusade was small enough for venues like Johnson farm. Even though it's gotten huge, the attitude hasn't changed all that much.