PDA

View Full Version : Art of the Ramble

dbrk
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
This past summer we didn't have a Finger Lakes Ramble but memories of our wonderful time in 2006 and summers before have left me longing for another. So in the summer of 2008 we'll try to gather again in and around Bristol and Canandaigua, New York for a Ramble on the country roads, an informal, no-you-don't-have-to-sign-anything and there's-no-fee it's-about-friends organized but not too organized weekend of riding. Steve Hampsten promises to come. I'm sure our good friend Mike Barry will come, hopefully with the lovely Clare again (sure to inspire and whoop us on their tandem), if they are free and in the country. And invitations will go out to all who have come before, including our esteemed frame builder friends, including Mssrs. Weigle, Goodrich, Kirk, Hampsten, et.al., and our own Brian Smith and friends from Serotta, the Lunch Table, and elsewhere in the cycling universe. The company will be auspicious, that's sure. I'm not sure of the dates but I'll have an idea before too long.

For now I'd like to point you to a wonderful bit of cycling poster art produced by our dear pal Rich Roat from House Industries. Rich was with us last time and came up with a wonderful depiction of the spirit of the Ramble, including the church atop Baptist Hill and Oakmont Road. I think that's Steve in the picture, but your call. You can see one of the posters by following the link to the Hampsten blogspot. Look here: http://hampsten.blogspot.com/2007/10/finger-lakes-ramble-2006.html

Mine is now framed and in the living room at the house. We renovated the house this past year, adding 1000 sq ft and a new kitchen, 'cause it's better that way when when you cook dinner for about 80 of your best cycling buddies.... I look forward to some back roads riding next summer with our friends. I'll post a proper notice when the time seems propitious in the next few months. So think about riding a bike with fatter than skinny tires on some of the most beautiful roads I've ever ridden. This is a good place to bring family for a weekend too: Finger Lakes wine country, never too crowded, and usually (yes, honestly) usually good weather in mid-summer. Check out the House Industries poster. It totally rocks.

dbrk

shinomaster
10-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm there dude. I needed an excuse to come home.

eddief
10-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Nice to have the event commemorated in such a fine looking piece of artwork. Might you say the measurements of that poster and where to buy? I'd sure like to meet you face to face on your turf one day. Maybe next summer.

merckx
10-29-2007, 05:12 PM
What a wonderful idea. Keep us posted.

saab2000
10-29-2007, 05:13 PM
I am gonna try to make it!

Riding in NY and with this group sounds like a blast!

:beer:

tbushnel
10-29-2007, 05:13 PM
http://www.houseind.com/index.php?page=posters&id=618&category=Finger%20Lakes%20Poster

Cheers,
Ted.

Sandy
10-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Douglas,

I have some GREAT news for Mira. I feel very confident of that. The news for you will probably be well received, based on our communications. Not sure about the other folks involved. I will be there this year. Hopefully to ride some bike with wider tires. But no problem, Mira and I will be having so much fun together that neither one of us will care one way or the other.
Please tell Mira that her long time admirer will be genuinely looking forward to spending lots of time with her...I might even say hello to you too....and the rest of the folks.....

Sandy

Your_Friend!
10-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Dbrk!

If You Accept Penguins

Then I Will Try

_Very_ Hard

To Come!

Love,
Y_F!

Bruce K
10-29-2007, 05:43 PM
It was a truly memorable weekend. I can't remember having so much fun riding in the rain.

Dbrk's bicycle museum (aka the basement) is a wonder to behold.

As long as it's not the first weekend in August, I'm there. Pan-Mass Challenge is my highest cycling priority.

BK

DarrenCT
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm game for this. Steel bike and wide tires. I'm in.

DarrenCT
10-29-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm there dude. I needed an excuse to come home.

If shino goes, we need lots of beer.

On second thought, we'll need lots of beer no matter what..

Ginger
10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I am gonna try to make it!

Riding in NY and with this group sounds like a blast!

:D
We can get a convoy going from Michigan. It's only 6 hours from Detroit. But we have to stop by Toronto on the way and pick up Grant.

Douglas,
Thanks for the invite and the lovely experiences in the past. It's always great riding in your neighborhood!

Ginger

Too Tall
10-29-2007, 06:12 PM
This past summer we didn't have a Finger Lakes Ramble but memories of our wonderful time in 2006 and summers before have left me longing for another. So in the summer of 2008 we'll try to gather again in and around Bristol and Canandaigua, New York for a Ramble on the country roads, an informal, no-you-don't-have-to-sign-anything and there's-no-fee it's-about-friends organized but not too organized weekend of riding. Steve Hampsten promises to come. I'm sure our good friend Mike Barry will come, hopefully with the lovely Clare again (sure to inspire and whoop us on their tandem), if they are free and in the country. And invitations will go out to all who have come before, including our esteemed frame builder friends, including Mssrs. Weigle, Goodrich, Kirk, Hampsten, et.al., and our own Brian Smith and friends from Serotta, the Lunch Table, and elsewhere in the cycling universe. The company will be auspicious, that's sure. I'm not sure of the dates but I'll have an idea before too long.

For now I'd like to point you to a wonderful bit of cycling poster art produced by our dear pal Rich Roat from House Industries. Rich was with us last time and came up with a wonderful depiction of the spirit of the Ramble, including the church atop Baptist Hill and Oakmont Road. I think that's Steve in the picture, but your call. You can see one of the posters by following the link to the Hampsten blogspot. Look here: http://hampsten.blogspot.com/2007/10/finger-lakes-ramble-2006.html

Mine is now framed and in the living room at the house. We renovated the house this past year, adding 1000 sq ft and a new kitchen, 'cause it's better that way when when you cook dinner for about 80 of your best cycling buddies.... I look forward to some back roads riding next summer with our friends. I'll post a proper notice when the time seems propitious in the next few months. So think about riding a bike with fatter than skinny tires on some of the most beautiful roads I've ever ridden. This is a good place to bring family for a weekend too: Finger Lakes wine country, never too crowded, and usually (yes, honestly) usually good weather in mid-summer. Check out the House Industries poster. It totally rocks.

dbrk

My generous friend I would not miss it for all the tea in http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Canandaigua,+NY,+United+States+of+America&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

jthurow
10-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Dig the print... can't wait for the ride!

jimi

Lifelover
10-29-2007, 06:50 PM
This will give me some good incentive to start my diet early. Making some of those climbs is a struggle for us big guys.

Somehow this past summer I became a JV football coach and that may continue again next year. If I can work it out, I will be there.

For anyone who may consider making it a family vacation, it really is a wonderful place and there is plenty to do within a few hours of Douglas's house.

I call dibs on the Waterford if you still have it next year :banana:

Grant McLean
10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
We can get a convoy going from Michigan. It's only 6 hours from Detroit. But we have to stop by Toronto on the way and pick up Grant.

Ginger

does that mean i can buy another bike???

-g

Kevan
10-29-2007, 07:19 PM
I have nothing in wool to wear!

weisan
10-29-2007, 08:57 PM
thank you dbrk-pal for extending the hospitality once more...

With BBDave-pal's permission, here's a link to the pictures taken at the event, sure brought back lots of fond memories of last year's gathering.
http://www.pbase.com/bumblebeedave/finger_lakes_rambleaugust_2006

http://i.pbase.com/o4/12/670612/1/65731539.JRkJt58d.DSCN1090.JPG

Blue Jays
10-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow, very kind and generous offer for a sweet-looking event. What kind of distances are typical for each of the riding sessions? I've got racing bikes shod with skinny tires and full-suspension mountainbikes wearing knobbies.
Darn it when a tour like this happens splitting the difference right down the middle in terms of equipment choices! :)

MRB
10-29-2007, 09:45 PM
DBRK,

The thought of being is such great company of Serotta Pals as well as your collection of ridable works of art make me want to ride my bike from Montana. Guess I'd better start now, depending on the date.

Thanks,

John

Avispa
10-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Boy, you guys just don't make life easy for anybody... Pete wants a gathering and then this one.

But you know what, I like tradition and I missed the 06 gathering. So I surely like to join in this year.

..A..

shinomaster
10-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Boy, you guys just don't make life easy for anybody... Pete wants a gathering and then this one.

But you know what, I like tradition and I missed the 06 gathering. So I surely like to join in this year.

..A..

No you shouldn't come...stay home. I don't want to meet you.

Johny
10-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Douglas,

Thanks for the great news. We'll be there. Would love to see Mike and Clare, and all of you, new and old, again.

John

Ray
10-30-2007, 04:00 AM
Guess I'm just gonna have to get back into some semblance of riding shape again this year and get some 32 or 35s for my fat tire bike.

Very fine time. Very cool print. It will be a high priority to be there again!

-Ray

Too Tall
10-30-2007, 07:04 AM

-g
Yes Grant you can buy another bike and pls. do it one suffering glorious piece at a ttime...for us...please?

Too Tall
10-30-2007, 07:05 AM
I have nothing in wool to wear!
WWSD? Go Commando.

manet
10-30-2007, 07:28 AM

-g

best get it with couplers.
as it will need to fit in the trunk with u.

William
10-30-2007, 07:38 AM
I'll get there by stowing-away in the back of Ahneida's van.....under the piles of FRN's!!! :D

William :banana:

Ginger
10-30-2007, 09:03 AM
best get it with couplers.
as it will need to fit in the trunk with u.

Shhhhh

Actually...I have a rear rack for the Swiss Army Car that will take two bikes...
Mine usually rides inside unless there's more than one person riding with me... :)

Grant...I don't believe you don't have a bike that would be appropriate for this ride. But go ahead. Buy another one if you want.
:)

http://i.pbase.com/g2/12/670612/2/65733618.W9wRnvyf.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2007, 09:09 AM
thank you dbrk-pal for extending the hospitality once more...

With BBDave-pal's permission, here's a link to the pictures taken at the event, sure brought back lots of fond memories of last year's gathering.
http://www.pbase.com/bumblebeedave/finger_lakes_rambleaugust_2006

http://i.pbase.com/o4/12/670612/1/65731539.JRkJt58d.DSCN1090.JPG

You beat me to it!

Get us a firm date ASAP, Douglas, and I absolutely promise this time to remember to actually put my saddle bag on my bike so you don't have to drive out to haul my sorry flat-tired @ss back to your place! :eek: ;)

BBD

J.Greene
10-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I'd really like to do this event. If it's the same time of year as the last edition it will be a nice escape from the FL heat.

JG

Avispa
10-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Get us a firm date ASAP, Douglas, and I absolutely promise this time to remember to actually put my saddle bag on my bike so you don't have to drive out to haul my sorry flat-tired @ss back to your place! :eek: ;)

Wait a minute, pal! I thought I was the one getting flats... Now the truth comes out. :D

..A..

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2007, 10:15 AM
. . . when YOU bailed on joining us-- :no: :crap: :butt: ;) --I assumed the crown of "King of Flats!" . . .

I cleaned up my bike after the rainy earlier rides, took the saddle bag off, and forgot to put it back on before the Sunday ride! So I had a flat just after the group split up on the way back to dbrk's house--after the pack had already ridden away from me--and discovered I had no spare. Oh, CR@P! So I left a cell message for dbrk, started walking, and had gone almost a mile and a half before he was able to drive back and haul me home!

So please make sure you attend this NEXt one so you can once again live down to your reputation! :rolleyes:

BBD

cpg
10-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Count me in!

Curt

palincss
10-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I passed last year because it seemed so far away, and I've regretted that decision plenty. Count me in.

Steve Hampsten
10-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Can we please start talking about the jersey NOW?

Too Tall
10-30-2007, 11:06 AM
OK, when where and why isn't there an tall version? ;)

Ginger
10-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Steve just called dibs on putting it together!

I suspect it will be a Swobo

;)

I'll take a women's medium and I vote for Orange or that citrus yellow because you know....citrus yellow is the new orange.

jmewkill
10-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Archibald or I may be there.

Brian Smith
10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
yo!

Blue Jays
10-30-2007, 03:16 PM
What kind of distances are typical for each of the riding sessions? Just curious.

Ginger
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM
What kind of distances are typical for each of the riding sessions? Just curious.

Douglas doesn't ride with a computer...so you don't really know til you're done.

:)

(Do a search for "Finger Lakes Ramble" and TdFL and you should come up with some ideas of the past events...)

Pete Serotta
10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Douglas, thankyou for having this wonderful event again. I will be there....

AS we get closer let us know what we can bring besides our bikes and wine.

Looking forward to it.

Mr TOM BRYNES where are you??????

PETE

David Kirk
10-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Can I play too? Huh?..........can I?

Dave

Pete Serotta
10-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Dave
:fight: :fight: of course.... :bike: :beer: :beer:

dbrk
10-30-2007, 04:52 PM

We go out for a coupla' hours and everyone, everyone makes it home, more or less together. Yes, there are hills, some dirt roads, but mostly any road bike works fine, much of that depends on your skills and attitude, not your abilities. We try--- we really try---to keep everyone "together" and since folks have different natural speeds this require efforts on everyone's part. Faster folks have to slow down and slower folks are sometimes challenged to give it their best (but that is _all_ that is asked). No one is there to hurt, it's _only_ about fun. If a weekend of slower-than-you-are-used riding is not something you want, then it might not be for you. The key is that we look out for each other. We _all_ look out for each other. Folks who want to ride fast without seriously considering the needs of the slower folks should not ride with the group, that's the most important thing I can say. Go off on your own. If someone in the group rides ahead they should settle down some, then wait because they should _know_ that people are behind them. If someone is slower then that person might need to put in a good effort and accept help.

The Ramble is about companionship and getting to know each other. If you want a really hard ride, far better organized, that you can do at your own pace, with people who will all ride as fast or like you, then you might not like like our Ramble. We're there to ramble and hang out on our bikes with each other. I think I can say honestly, it's been a lot of fun and folks have caught on with what we are about.

dbrk

Blue Jays
10-30-2007, 06:24 PM
dbrk, thank you very much for the ride insights. My question is more along the lines of which hardware that I would pick depending on the expected mileage and pace. Does one select the 700 x 23 tires mounted on carbon fiber rims or does one opt to go the much more conservative route of setting a mountainbike as firm as possible and mounting slicks? Heck, maybe I'll take an old mountainbike with no suspension and toss on that stuff!

My honest wish would be to have one of those way cool Tournesols with nice full fenders and comfortable 700 x 30 tires for the best of all worlds!

manet
10-30-2007, 06:32 PM

Dave

contact your airline now, ask about the regulations for
carrying on large quantities of pumpkin cheesecake.

72gmc
10-30-2007, 06:41 PM
OK, when where and why isn't there an tall version? ;)

Consider it a crop top, TT. Wear a bikini swimsuit to complete the look. I only offer this advice because it's highly unlikely I will be there... the kids are chanting "Disney"...

tiger
10-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I'll make reservations for my flights ASAP. Oh, wait, I already live here! :banana: Yippee!

Post the dates in a new thread when you know them, and I'll be sure I'm off work then.

For anyone who is not familar, the terrain and roads make for wonderful riding here. And yes, the summer weather usually is fantastic.

Tom Byrnes
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Douglas, thankyou for having this wonderful event again. I will be there....

Mr TOM BRYNES where are you??????

PETE

Pete,

I am just slow at getting to the mail. Of course, I will be there.

In my opinion, there is no finer cycling than in the Finger Lakes area and no better cycling company than with Douglas, you and all of the Serotta Pals.

Douglas,

Thank you very much for again agreeing to open up your home to the ever-growing army of Ramble cyclists.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Tom

Avispa
10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
My honest wish would be to have one of those way cool Tournesols with nice full fenders and comfortable 700 x 30 tires for the best of all worlds!

Well, I don't want to speak for DBRK, but.... No mountain bikes! But the Tournesol, yes!

..A..

BumbleBeeDave
10-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I'll make reservations for my flights ASAP. Oh, wait, I already live here! :banana: Yippee!

Post the dates in a new thread when you know them, and I'll be sure I'm off work then.

For anyone who is not familar, the terrain and roads make for wonderful riding here. And yes, the summer weather usually is fantastic.

. . . on Bopple. Mr. Tiger will tow us . . . :eek: ;)

BBD

Blue Jays
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
"Well, I don't want to talk for DBRK, but.... No mountain bikes! But the Tournesol, yes!"Avispa, this sounds like a ride unlike any other in which I've participated in the past and also boatloads of fun. It would be neat to visit the "roads less traveled" and see things from a new perspective. A steel Tournesol is in my future someday!

I'm blessed to have wonderful racebikes and fantastic mountainbikes (Craig from Mendon Cyclesmith helped with that...) and now it's time to figure which hardware would work best for this unique ride. A fellow forumite even graciously offered to help procure a steed more suitable for this kind of endeavor, which is very generous! My inclination now is to simply take an older, non-suspension mountainbike, retrofit it with drop handlebars, proper fenders, and slick tires for a presto-chango-suitable-for-a-ramblin' genuine piece of hardware!

By the way, this older thread from days gone past (http://forums.thepaceline.net/archive/index.php?t-14484.html) has great suggestions for lodging, transportation, and equipment. Definitely worth a read!

Too Tall
10-31-2007, 05:52 AM
We ride until someone starts singing show tunes or 6 flat tyres which ever comes first....than we "ramble" back.

Too Tall
10-31-2007, 05:53 AM
:fight: :fight: of course.... :bike: :beer: :beer:
Jayzus Pete, DON'T encourage him. He might actually come ;)

Too Tall
10-31-2007, 05:56 AM
Consider it a crop top, TT. Wear a bikini swimsuit to complete the look. I only offer this advice because it's highly unlikely I will be there... the kids are chanting "Disney"...
What are those travel dates and pls. leave your truck with a full tank ;)
Bummer, I'd love to swap Chebby stories tell lies and ride with you sometime.

tiger
10-31-2007, 06:01 AM
. . . on Bopple. Mr. Tiger will tow us . . . :eek: ;)

BBD
Um, Mr. Tiger will be happy to lead the group to Bopple. As for Bopple itself, it's every Forumite on their own...regroup and CPR available at the summit.

The first time I did Bopple I had just moved here from the flat Piedmont of NC. Went up it it a 39x23, and promptly pulled too hard on the bars and flipped over backwards.

I now proudly display a triple with a 30x27 low gear. :D

dbrk
10-31-2007, 10:07 AM
snip... My inclination now is to simply take an older, non-suspension mountainbike, retrofit it with drop handlebars, proper fenders, and slick tires for a presto-chango-suitable-for-a-ramblin' genuine piece of hardware!...snip

I'd not recommend a mountain bike with slicks. Really, this is a road ride but there will be more hard packed dirt roads. On our last jaunt we were blessed with a nearly full day downpour (of course it had been beautiful alllll week) and so I kept more strictly to pavement. But if you can fit 25c tires on your carbon road bike that would be better than slicks on a mountain bike. It's those skinnyskinny tire, how-come-the-road's-not-paved bikes that might challenge your handling skills. But truth is, mostly it's beautiful beautiful pavement with wide shoulders, almost no traffic (so little that it's not worth a flinch), and unaggressive, easy going folks and local drivers. Of course, if you had a proper Tournesol, Goodrich, Kirk, Weigle, Serotta, Spectrum, Vanilla, et.al., you'd be in the best of allll possible worlds, Dr. Pangloss.

Dates will be posted as soon as I am able. Consultations underway with our frame builder friends in particular and concerns about other events that people enjoy. Please note your concerns here about conflicts of interest. I can't say we'll accommodate everyone but we're in for a perfectly wonderful time. I am going to repost the bit above about HOW we ride the Ramble about 800 million times so that folks REALLY get that we are in this totally together. Everything else just works out. Plus, I'll have an updated list for accommodations etc. at the proper time.

dbrk

manet
10-31-2007, 10:14 AM
... Please note your concerns here about conflicts of interest. I can't say we'll accommodate everyone but we're in for a perfectly wonderful time...

dbrk

let's ride at nite

manet
10-31-2007, 10:17 AM
O + i don't want Alexi wrestling in his underwear.
if he wrestles he shall be fully clothed.

fiamme red
10-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Well, I don't want to speak for DBRK, but.... No mountain bikes!There ought to be some exceptions:

Mike's Mountain Bike (http://mariposabicycles.com/bike-for-mountains.html)

dbrk
10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
There ought to be some exceptions:

Now that's my idea of a mountain bike. But I can tell you this too, Mr Barry has got a motor to match. And if he and the Lovely Clare ride the tandem we will see them drop us like stones off a cliff.

Of course the apple didn't fall far from that tree.
The younger has learned all his good graces from his parents, http://www.michaelbarry.ca/

dbrk

Alexi
10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
O + i don't want Alexi wrestling in his underwear.
if he wrestles he shall be fully clothed.

I'm not allowed to wrestle in my undies any more, wifes rules ;)

CNY rider
10-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Call it an extra-curricular activity if you will.

But if manet and TT are in the same county I want to see one hell of a no-holds barred sprint at some point.

Winner take all! :bike:

Boys what say you?

dauwhe
10-31-2007, 11:58 AM

I believe that very bike was at the last ramble. Magnificent...

Dave

Ginger
10-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Winner take all! :bike:

All *what*?

Pete Serotta
10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Tom, ,also do not forget we are due in MARCH back to HAMPSTEN camp. THey want to see if I can ride any slower...."of course I can :p :p !!

Additonally FOXEN is calling us

Pete,

I am just slow at getting to the mail. Of course, I will be there.

In my opinion, there is no finer cycling than in the Finger Lakes area and no better cycling company than with Douglas, you and all of the Serotta Pals.

Douglas,

Thank you very much for again agreeing to open up your home to the ever-growing army of Ramble cyclists.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Tom

CNY rider
10-31-2007, 01:19 PM
All *what*?

Romantic evening with Sandy and Kevan?

Ginger
10-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Tom, ,also do not forget we are due in MARCH back to HAMPSTEN camp. THey want to see if I can ride any slower...."of course I can :p :p !!

Ooooo

That'll be fun!

Got my plane ticket already. :)

Kevan
10-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Romantic evening with Sandy and Kevan?

so cheap.

sspielman
10-31-2007, 01:23 PM
All *what*?

Ginger
10-31-2007, 01:24 PM
so cheap.
So this is going to be one of those sprints with the riders pushing each other over the line? OH LOOK! YOU WIN!

Kevan
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
So this is going to be one of those sprints with the riders pushing each other over the line? OH LOOK! YOU WIN!

Track stand race!!!!!

Pete Serotta
10-31-2007, 01:35 PM
so cheap.

who is cheap romance??? you or Sandy :confused:

Avispa
10-31-2007, 01:44 PM

Well... Agreed! ;)

..A..

manet
10-31-2007, 03:01 PM

at the body fat level i'm holding onto, TT just needs to think about his bike (pick one) and he'll cross the line into a winning romance. tonites costume is muffin-top.

Too Tall
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Geeesh, I JUST dropped in to see if Steve has details on the long tall Ramble Jersey heck with the rest of you ;)

My mom's can beat Manet in a sprint why would I deny her the pleasure???

Food Fight

Steve Hampsten
10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=Too Tall]I JUST dropped in to see if Steve has details on the Ramble Jersey/QUOTE]

Ain't gonna happen at my end.

There may be a wool jersey for sale there (or three, who knows?) but I don't think I'll be involved with a Ramble-specific jersey this year. I'd rather show up with a bunch of nice jerseys promoting similar/related goods and services that I could also sell year-round from a website than try to coordinate everyone's size and color preferences for a one-time event.

If someone else wants to carry the torch more power to 'em.

manet
10-31-2007, 06:56 PM
I'd rather show up with goods that I could also sell year-round

cannoli

julia
11-01-2007, 01:26 AM
If someone else wants to carry the torch more power to 'em.

flaming cannoli?

Too Tall
11-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Steve Steve Steve, I'm yankin' yah ;)

Can't wait. I've worked it out. I'm bringing the tandem for me and Manet to ride.

palincss
11-01-2007, 06:22 AM
There may be a wool jersey for sale there (or three, who knows?) but I don't think I'll be involved with a Ramble-specific jersey this year. I'd rather show up with a bunch of nice jerseys promoting similar/related goods and services that I could also sell year-round from a website than try to coordinate everyone's size and color preferences for a one-time event.

Do you have something specific in mind you could share now?

Ginger
11-01-2007, 06:32 AM
Steve Steve Steve, I'm yankin' yah ;)

Can't wait. I've worked it out. I'm bringing the tandem for me and Manet to ride.

What you don't know is manet is already selling stoker time shares for the rides.

Steve Hampsten
11-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Do you have something specific in mind you could share now?

Nuttin' yet, honey.

Ahneida Ride
11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I'll get there by stowing-away in the back of Ahneida's van.....under the piles of FRN's!!! :D

William :banana:

my van has a two ton weight limit !!!! :p

man i would not miss this for the world !!!!!! :beer:

hope Uncle William can make it this time. ;)

BumbleBeeDave
11-30-2007, 10:32 PM
. . . if there is a specific date for this yet? My department vacation calendar goes up on January 2 and if I don't reserve the time I want immediately I will definitely lose it if it's anytime during June-July-August. :crap:

BBD

Blue Jays
12-01-2007, 01:33 AM
"...My department vacation calendar goes up on January 2 and if I don't reserve the time I want immediately, I will definitely lose it if it's anytime during June-July-August..."BumbleBeeDave, check out this old thread (http://forums.thepaceline.net/archive/index.php?t-14484.html) for the Ramble in previous years for a potential idea on dates.

Avispa
12-01-2007, 12:50 PM
. . . if there is a specific date for this yet? My department vacation calendar goes up on January 2 and if I don't reserve the time I want immediately I will definitely lose it if it's anytime during June-July-August. :crap:

BBD

I surely hope that DBRK can do this earlier (June-July), rather than later (Aug.) in '08. August is a bit harder for me to leave because that's when school starts!

Is anybody here with me on this?

..A..

manet
12-01-2007, 12:53 PM
What you don't know is manet is already selling stoker time shares for the rides.

thats for the provo gig

DarrenCT
12-01-2007, 07:27 PM
count me in.

this will be a blast