PDA

View Full Version : Your bike or your significant other

rwsaunders
10-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Page 48 in the December 07 issue of Bicycling has a 20 item quiz comparing the preference for your bike or your significant other. My wife claims that I scored in favor of my bike. Oh well. :fight:

Elefantino
10-27-2007, 04:45 PM
The quiz showed I am in favor of my wife.

It showed she is in favor of her Bianchi.

Oh well.

surish
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I laughed out loud reading that article, but I'm afraid of showing it to my wife.

slowgoing
10-27-2007, 06:51 PM
It's either one wife and multiple bikes, or....

Blue Jays
10-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Husbands/Wives/Boyfriends/Girlfriends or any combination thereof should be happy their "significant other" are only into bicycles and not harmful endeavors. :)

SPOKE
10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
no wonder i have a bike or two and no SO :crap:

Blue Jays
10-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Spoke, you're very likely saving boatloads of money, effort, or both!

dave thompson
10-27-2007, 08:24 PM
My wife is the one who drug me into cycling (kicking and screaming I may add) and is my riding partner. As a matter of fact she puts more miles on her bike than I do on mine. When Brown delivers another box on our porch, she asks: "Another bike?" or "More bike stuff?" and never comments on volume or cost, but won't let me buy her a new bike.

I think I'll keep her.

Sandy
10-27-2007, 08:33 PM
My wife is the one who drug me into cycling (kicking and screaming I may add) and is my riding partner. As a matter of fact she puts more miles on her bike than I do on mine. When Brown delivers another box on our porch, she asks: "Another bike?" or "More bike stuff?" and never comments on volume or cost, but won't let me buy her a new bike.

I think I'll keep her.

Somehow, I think that is a good idea. A very good idea, you fortunate man!!

Sandy

DarrenCT
10-27-2007, 08:40 PM

I think I'll keep her.

wow. u r one lucky man.

congrats d.t.

saab2000
10-27-2007, 08:42 PM

Me too. No SO.

Job doesn't help with that though.

Sandy
10-27-2007, 08:47 PM

A serious question, which you may or may not want to even answer, which I would totally respect and understand.

If you had to make a choice- a SO and no bikes or no SO and as many bikes as you wish, what would be your choice?

Kevan's SO

saab2000
10-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Life is (at least partly) empty if either is missing.

Fixed
10-27-2007, 09:02 PM
so without no life
a bike is a bike
cheers imho

never love something that can't love back.... bike mess 101

toaster
10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Another good reason not to read or subscribe to Bicycling magazine!

DarrenCT
10-27-2007, 09:25 PM

i think this toaster is on to something imho.....

Fixed
10-27-2007, 09:27 PM
i think this toaster is on to something imho.....
+1

rag mag imho

Blue Jays
10-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Fixed, you're not kidding it's a rag magazine. It is silly for Bicycling to get involved with silly off-topic stuff, anyway.
As mentioned by BikeSnobNYC, here is all of their simplistic bicycle reviews encapsulated into a single sentence, "...Supple ride. Laterally stiff while vertically compliant..."

Avispa
10-27-2007, 11:03 PM

+1 (and the others = 4 so far...)

Ray
10-28-2007, 05:22 AM
so without no life
a bike is a bike
cheers imho

never love something that can't love back.... bike mess 101
+1, as usual

With or without a life a bike is a bike. A great bike is cool, but its just a bike. If I get sick of a bike, I eventually sell it. I get sick of my wife for about five minutes at a time, maybe once or twice a year. NOT for sale.

SO's and bikes have nothing to do with each other. If you have an SO that doesn't like your bikes, that about you and your SO and has NOTHING to do with the bikes.

-Ray

RABikes2
10-28-2007, 06:59 AM
I haven't seen the December issue of Bicycling, but ... no SO and only one bike. Dave T and his wife "get it". ;)
RA

RABikes2
10-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Page 48 in the December 07 issue of Bicycling has a 20 item quiz
Is this available online? I know I won't buy it. :no:
RA

Z3c
10-28-2007, 07:18 AM
+1 to Toaster; I stopped reading that mag about 10 years ago..

I guess I am really lucky, my wife looked at my white Calfee when it arrived and the first things she said was that a set of LW's would really look good on it.. I'll keep her first should I ever have to choose as she will want me to buy the bikes so that I don't get cranky from a lack of exercise.

Scott

rwsaunders
10-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Is this available online? I know I won't buy it. :no:
RA

It was written to get a few chuckles I'm sure. I'll see if I can scan the article for you.

SPOKE
10-28-2007, 12:58 PM
A serious question, which you may or may not want to even answer, which I would totally respect and understand.

If you had to make a choice- a SO and no bikes or no SO and as many bikes as you wish, what would be your choice?

Kevan's SO

the simple answer is that if a potential SO wanted me to stop riding bicycles then there would not be an SO :argue: . now if i was married i'm pretty certain that i wouldn't be keeping almost all the bikes in the house! there is also a good chance i wouldn't have the collection that i have either :no:
i have to admit that my ex was pretty cool about the bike thing. she did encourage the riding. (it gave her free time to find a boyfriend or two)