PDA

View Full Version : Topping the killer napkin for weird?

sfscott
07-18-2004, 09:19 PM
So I am cruising along down a nice, straight descent, chilling to some Outkast on the iPod, when all of the sudden, I feel a thud, then a sharp pain.

A yellow jacket ran--or splatted-- into the space between my glove and my thumb. Look at your hand in your glove next time and see just how small that space is.

The bastard insect decided to sting me. Fortunately, it is easier to get a yellow jacket out of your glove on a descent than you might think.

Sorry, no pictures.

ericmurphy
07-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Fortunately, it is easier to get a yellow jacket out of your glove on a descent than you might think.

Sorry, no pictures.

Inexpensive, too. :-)

slowgoing
07-18-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm riding downhill at a fair clip in a residential area and pass a fire truck stopped on the side of the road. Just as I completely pass it, a fireman opens up the fire hydrant and sprays this huge stream of water directly at me, drenching me and almost knocking me off my bike. I'm screaming bloody murder, but by the time he hears me, it's too late. At least he was extremely apologetic afterwards.

Now I always slow down for fire trucks.

Rapid Tourist
07-18-2004, 10:59 PM
So, I'm on my morning commute one morning on a bike trail and I got behind a woman on a mountainbike barrelling down the trail like she's a bat out of hell. She was on a fully loaded bike with panniers on each side of the rear. All of a sudden she reaches behind her and pulls some sort of chord attached to her load and a big paper grocery bag (the old kind of paper grocery bag that I haven't seen in 5 years or more) full of about 12 ears of corn comes flying off the rear. I had to do some quick maneuvering to avoid a nasty crash involving flying corn.

I tried to catch up to her to tell her she lost her corn, but she was so fast she blew my doors off. She never looked back even for a second, and left a perfectly good side dish in the middle of the trail. Strange stuff.

Too Tall
07-19-2004, 06:25 AM
R. Tourist, when you tell that story for some reason the theme from James Bond's "Goldfinger" is running through my head.

Dekonick
07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Slow - he was just helping you out - it was nice of him to wash your rig for you.
:D