PDA

View Full Version : white wheels

dave1215
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
i am oddly attracted to the dt swiss rr1450 mon chasseral wheels.

catulle shared some of his experience changing tires with them (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=27512&highlight=mon+chasseral).

does anyone have a point of view on ride quality of the mon chasseral wheels?

kerrycycle
10-25-2007, 03:20 AM
I was considering the wheels too. After talking with a rider who has ridden them for the past season changed my mind. He said the ride was nice, but he had to have them trued multiple times. He also mentioned that he had ridden stiffer wheels. For your money, you can get more value in other wheelsets.

soulspinner
10-25-2007, 06:00 AM
For 07 they supposedly went to double eyelets in the rear and they should be ok. Im not rewarding dt swiss with any more rim sales as mine cracked(single eyelet). FWIW my 32 hole open pro feels stiffer(both with revos).

stevep
10-25-2007, 06:58 AM
i use a pr from last yr when they were black.
they ride nicely.
they are smoother than many prebuilts that i think tend to be very stiff.
no big deep dish rims absorbs more shock methinks.

ive used them 1 season mostly ( maybe 5k ) and havent had to touch them with a spoke wrench.

jhcakilmer
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
I didn't think DT changed the 1450s, but I have an 2006 set, and changing tires is a snap. I haven't tried the Michelins, but they're easy to change with Vittoria, Conti, Clemente, and IRC.

Also, I haven't had a problem with mine...they seem stiff, and reasonably comfortable, except for the radial lacing in the front. I have been keeping an eye on the rear wheel, since the single eyelet isn't what I would choose. But I can replace the rim easy enough....another positive over pre-builts

dave1215
10-26-2007, 09:07 AM
thanks all for those helpful comments