PDA

View Full Version : Castelli Espresso Winter Jacket?

oldguy00
10-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Anyone tried on one of these, or own one? What are your thoughts? They are pricey at about $340, but my winter jackets seem to last me at least a few years, so I don't mind getting a decent one.......although the Assos Fugu is out of my range.....and I really don't like PI...

TriJim
10-24-2007, 11:45 AM
... pricey at about $340, although the Assos Fugu is out of my range...
I was lucky to snag a NWT Assos Fugu in the size and color I wanted for only $400 on eBay 2 weeks ago. :banana: I have the Serotta Assos jacket, but the Fugu is another level of comfort and warmth. You might get lucky... :beer:

10-24-2007, 12:08 PM
My local shop had a sample from the Castelli rep and had me try it out. It's not that much real insulation and you tend to get damp underneath -- definitely needs substantial base layers. The pockets are small and may be OK for a cell phone but not for stuffing leg warmers, rain jacket, etc. The fit is a bit more like a suit jacket than a cycling jacket -- it doesn't real fit well when you're bent over the bike. Reminds me actually of a motorcycle jacket in fit.

DarrenCT
10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
i have that fugujack thing and it is pretty cool. very pricey, but honestly, worth every penny. lots of pockets with zippers, a cool side/front pocket, an inside zip up layer, a hood. all sorts of cool features

also, a tail flap thing so your a$$ doesnt get wet. this thing simple rules.

fiamme red
10-24-2007, 12:18 PM
i have that fugujack thing and it is pretty cool. very pricey, but honestly, worth every penny.I heard someone say that about the iPhone that he bought as soon as it first came out! Then the price went down $200, and I had a good laugh as he cursed Steve Jobs.

DarrenCT
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I heard someone say that about the iPhone that he bought as soon as it first came out! Then the price went down $200, and I had a good laugh as he cursed Steve Jobs.

you'll never know until you find out. btw, you can get stuff on ebay for about 1/2 the cost :banana: