PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Carbon HSG Bike

Sandy
10-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Yesterday I was in a bicycle store taking in my Look CX-7 pedals that needed repair. The shop has a great display of bicycles and bicycle related items. Bikes include Serotta, Parlee, Trek, LeMond, Aegis, Griffen, Cervelo,....I always first look at road bikes when I enter the store and always the Serotta display. One bike stood out- Not just among the Serottas but among all the bikes in the store. A salesman at the store sai that it was his favorite bike. Mine too- visually at least- It was a 2007 Carbon HSG in all orange- absolutely gorgeous. For whatever reason Serotta painted carbon bikes look especially nice. It appeared as if the paint was deep and rich in color. The bike looked especially smooth and genuinely beautiful at the transition of carbon tubes to the carbon lugs. The decals were very subtle and complemented perfectly the frameset. Easily one of the best looking bikes that I have ever seen- Gorgeous.

I must admit that I did not like the look of the 2008 Carbon HSG nearly as much. A lot of non-painted carbon and decals that were a little too much for me. Nice for sure, but that 2007 was simply outstanding. Great job by Serotta. The lug transition on both bikes and the workmanship seemed just superb.

Sandy

Blue Jays
10-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Something appearing along these lines?

http://newhorizonsbikes.com/images/library/large/serotta_hsgcarbon_07_m.jpg

DarrenCT
10-24-2007, 12:56 AM
^

needs a matching fork!

kerrycycle
10-24-2007, 04:05 AM
I have a white '07 HSG Carbon & agree with everything said. It is a great bike. It is very stiff yet very comfortable. A true racer's bike in every sense of the word. One word of comment, however. The geometry is true to its name. The bike is very quick handling and is not for the inexperienced cyclist. I would not recommend the bike to anyone who is not an experienced rider or lacks good bike handling skills.

Skrawny
10-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I have a white '07 HSG Carbon & agree with everything said. It is a great bike. It is very stiff yet very comfortable. A true racer's bike in every sense of the word. One word of comment, however. The geometry is true to its name. The bike is very quick handling and is not for the inexperienced cyclist. I would not recommend the bike to anyone who is not an experienced rider or lacks good bike handling skills.

I had the fortune of a long test ride on that bike and would have to agree with everything kerrycycle says. Great bike.
-s

Pete Serotta
10-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Sandy, you can get SMILEY to get you a CDA in same color and slope....COOL BIKE!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: