PDA

View Full Version : F1 Spoiler (if you're paying attention)

ergott
10-21-2007, 02:47 PM
KIMI!
World Champion!

Best season I've witnessed. Holy moly! Finland back on top! If luck shined on Kimi, I have to believe that Bosox can go down tonight or at least in the WS.

Grant McLean
10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
F1 proves over and over that anything can & will eventually happen.

I didn't have it in for Hamilton from the start, but there was something just
'right' about seeing him finally getting rattled by Alonso in the opening lap.
He had Alonso so wrong footed in the opening corner so many times (Canada)
that it's classic that it was Alonso who turned the tables this time.

Imagine the circumstances if Ron Dennis had to ask Alonso to let Hamilton past
in order to win the drivers' title!

-g

mike p
10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Raikkonen and Ferrari were on! It's great to see kimi finally win the world championship. Though he's still quite young it seems he's had a frustrating career. The jinx of being labeled the next great superstar in the sport. Hamilton had an absoultly incredable first year especially considering problems with alonso. He'll be the next schumacher(jinx) if it dosen't go to his head!

Mike

handsomerob
10-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Although I would have much preferred to see him outrace Hamilton for the win instead of a Mercedes mechanical, it was certainly karma turning around for the Iceman. He has had more than his share of bad luck and at least he got his due. Congrats to the Flying Finn.

handsomerob
10-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Although I would have much preferred to see him outrace Hamilton for the win instead of a Mercedes mechanical, it was certainly karma turning around for the Iceman. He has had more than his share of bad luck and at least he got his due. Congrats to the Flying Finn.

Flat Out
10-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Kimi's the man. He does all of his talking on the track. Never blames other people. Never talks **** about other people. He really deserved this.

Forza Kimi! Forza Ferrari!

Grant McLean
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
In the post race interview, Kimi said that he really loves being at team Ferrari,
and that this season has been his most enjoyable season in F1.

I couldn't help but think what Alsonso was thinking at that moment, sitting
just to his left, and having just gone through the season he had taking Kimi's
old spot at M/M. No doubt Fernando was thinking about his time at Renault,
and thinking that for all the "professionalism" at M/M, they sure don't look like
they have the same culture in F1. The satisfaction and passion that Ferrari
seem to have is the most amazing achievement given the pressure and
competition in the sport.

Fernando will be back at Renault next year, no doubt!

-g

Big Dan
10-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Kimi is one wild and crazy dude....

:beer:

Bruce K
10-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Careful with the RedSox stuff Eric or you'll talk yourself out of an order !! :D

Yes, for the first time in a long time, F1 was interesting, and had drama right up until the final weekend.

Cool stuff.

BK

t. swartz
10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
speed tv's teasing something about kimi/ferarri illegal fuel...and the cable just went out!!! arrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

chuckroast
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Bernie wants one more day of press for the season.

t. swartz
10-21-2007, 07:49 PM
must be, it ain't on anyone's website....

t. swartz
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
cable just returned...for all you tunnel-headz, kimi's the f-1 champ...

gasman
10-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm glad to see Kimi there. He has had more than his share of bad luck. Hamilton had a truely amazing rookie season.

t. swartz
10-21-2007, 09:03 PM
should say kimi's the champ, for now (unless ron dennis wins on appeal)

Flat Out
10-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I would say the worst they would do is strip Williams and BMW constructors points for that race only but they won't DQ them.

BdaGhisallo
10-22-2007, 04:58 AM
If the Williams and BMW teams were found to have used fuel outside the regulations then they should be dq'd. There is no precedent that I can think of in the last twenty years where a car has failed scrutineering and not been dq'd. If the result stands it will only reinforce the belief that the FIA is biased against McLaren.

I wish this hadn't happened and allowed a fairytale ending for Kimi, but rules are rules. Ferrari benefitted from the FIA applying the letter of the law, to McLaren's detriment. It would be par for the course if then McLaren did not benefit due to the FIA choosing not to enforce a regulation.

On the subject of fuel, I would prefer that they went back to the way it was pre-'91 when fuelling wasn't allowed and you had to fuel up for the whole race. Some cars ran better on full tanks and some on empty tanks. It added spice to the whole race and races weren't just a series of sprints to the pit lane.

But, whatever finally happens, I was thrilled that Alonso didn't get the title. That cat has NO class whatsoever!

BdaGhisallo
10-22-2007, 05:11 AM
If the Williams and BMW teams were found to have used fuel outside the regulations then they should be dq'd. There is no precedent that I can think of in the last twenty years where a car has failed scrutineering and not been dq'd. If the result stands it will only reinforce the belief that the FIA is biased against McLaren.

I wish this hadn't happened and allowed a fairytale ending for Kimi, but rules are rules. Ferrari benefitted from the FIA applying the letter of the law, to McLaren's detriment. It would be par for the course if then McLaren did not benefit due to the FIA choosing not to enforce a regulation.

On the subject of fuel, I would prefer that they went back to the way it was pre-'91 when fuelling wasn't allowed and you had to fuel up for the whole race. Some cars ran better on full tanks and some on empty tanks. It added spice to the whole race and races weren't just a series of sprints to the pit lane.

But, whatever finally happens, I was thrilled that Alonso didn't get the title. That cat has NO class whatsoever!

soulspinner
10-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Anyone think Bourdaix(sp) can run with these guys if the equipment is good?

ergott
10-22-2007, 07:51 AM

F1.com reports that there were irregularities in the temperature of the fuel, not the fuel itself. MM will appeal so let's see.

handsomerob
10-22-2007, 08:26 AM
F1.com reports that there were irregularities in the temperature of the fuel, not the fuel itself. MM will appeal so let's see.

I am curious to see if a 140+ degree F track temperature was the catalyst in this. I would imagine that level of heat from the track could make a lot of things that were normal in one race out of wack for Brazil.

Grant McLean
10-22-2007, 08:58 AM

Hamilton used illegal tires on Friday's practice. The FIA didn't put him at the
back of the grid.

Remember that the FIA can enforce the rules without taking drivers points.
They can fine the teams involved.

Is this fuel situation any worse than McLaren's spy scandal? No.
McLaren should have been tossed out of the season, imho.

-g

steve575
10-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Changing the outcome of the championship would be bad for the sport. Aren't we talking about 2 degrees celcius. Also, two teams had the same problem, likely a result of changing forcast from Saturday to Sunday.

Flat Out
10-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Hamilton used illegal tires on Friday's practice. The FIA didn't put him at the
back of the grid.

Not only that, he blocked Kimi on his flying lap in Q3. I still say they will keep the drivers points and standings and take away constructors points.

Grant McLean
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Not only that, he blocked Kimi on his flying lap in Q3. I still say they will keep the drivers points and standings and take away constructors points.

Agreed. That's likely the action they'll take.

g

Flat Out
10-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Anyone think Bourdaix(sp) can run with these guys if the equipment is good?

If the equipment is good, sure. I wish that he was starting with a stronger team tho. Should be interesting to watch.

asgelle
10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I still say they will keep the drivers points and standings and take away constructors points.

They already did that weeks ago.

Grant McLean
10-22-2007, 08:18 PM
They already did that weeks ago.

He means Willams and BMW will keep their drivers points from the incident this weekend...

-g

soulspinner
10-23-2007, 04:42 AM
If the equipment is good, sure. I wish that he was starting with a stronger team tho. Should be interesting to watch.

I remember M Andretti saying the hardest thing to adjust to was that the braking distances were halved. Amazing.

Flat Out
10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
I remember M Andretti saying the hardest thing to adjust to was that the braking distances were halved. Amazing.

That's pretty much what any non F1 driver (like Jeff Gordon in Montoya's Williams) says if they ever get to do some laps in an F1 car. The braking is even more impressive than the acceleration. 0-100-0 in about 6 seconds.

chrisroph
10-23-2007, 03:37 PM
It was a dramatic season and a great race although Hamilton finally looked like a rookie in China and Brazil.

Forza Kimi. When I heard he would be in a Ferrari in 07, I thought that he was a lock for the championship. But he had some problems and McLaren was strong.

Where will Kimi be in 09? Masa signed a contract extension. Alonso is reported to be committed to Ferrari in 09? So, it looks like Masa and Alonso in red in 09. A lot can happen between now and then but Alonso over Kimi? No way.

Grant McLean
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM
0-100-0 in about 6 seconds.

Definitely impressive stuff.

Just imagine 5 g's from 200 km/h (124 mph) to a complete stop just 2.9 seconds, using only 65 meters !
Or from 100 km/h in 17 meters!

g