PDA

View Full Version : Today's TdF Stage--Anybody see it in the theater?

flydhest
07-17-2004, 04:21 PM
I am happy to say that I was among many cycling fans this morning watching the Tour stage at a movie theater. The Tyler Hamilton Foundation had arranged this thing.

It was very cool. The motorcycle photography took some getting used to sitting a bit close to such a big screen, but the 100s of people screaming and cheering, no commercials, extra footage that would have been during commercials, Phil and Paul instead of Bob and Al. It was magnificent. Oh, and there was an explosion at the end. Yeah baby.

ps Thanks . . . you know who you are.

flydhest
07-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Oh, and I had to come into work this morning. I was weasling my way to coming in later and later. I was watching thinking "oh f***, I should go now . . . just a bit more."

Then it was, "well, if Armstrong gets 30 seconds on Ullrich, I can go."

Then it was, "well, it should be over soon, and I'll only be 5 minutes late." This was, of course, assuming they could climb Plateau de Beille at about 30 mph, but hey, a boy can dream.

Then it was, "well, they probably won't fire me for this . . . will they? Besides . . . I get job offers every so often. I could do other things. The report is only going to Congress. How big a deal could it be?"

Turns out, I get in and my boss---who was supposed to give me edits on my draft---had his car not start and was an hour late himself. Score!!! I would have kicked myself so hard if I had been "responsible" and found out he was that late.

Ahneida Ride
07-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Shucks, I missed it.

Did a tough 35 this morning. Lots of climbing.

Dekonick
07-17-2004, 09:17 PM
WHERE IN DC????? I gotta go see this WHERE WHERE WHERE?????

shinomaster
07-18-2004, 12:36 AM
tyler quit today! Oh the Irony!!

When does his omnimax movie come out?

Hey Flydhest..need any more coffee??

Shino

flydhest
07-18-2004, 12:41 PM
The theater gig was only for yesterday's stage. I would bet, though, that someone could make lots of money by having a couple of the mountain stages done the same way.

Shino, pm me your address, I got something for you. . . . and yes, Hairbender would make me so happy you wouldn't believe it.