PDA

View Full Version : Hey Zank

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Wouldn't you like one of these? I don't understand your abstinence. I was sick for a week, and didn't ride once (except for my race on Sunday) drank a beer and a glass of wine the night before, and still moved up 9 spots in the results the next day to 17th. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Kevan
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Mother's milk.

stevep
10-16-2007, 02:09 PM
im not sure if this is off topic shino ..but on the crusades..
its a broad interpretation of the topic of crusades.
funny thing ...
the other day the vatican reversed the excommunication of the knights of templar...whose duty was to guard pilgrims on the way to the holy land around 800 years ago..during the ( first ) big war against the moors.

anyway, it seems that the pope who excommunicated this group owed them a ton of money and " freed the debt" by excommunicating and killing them off.
its like e-richie and i settling up after a cross race...

its refreshing that these guys finally got it right.

crusades shino- you said it first.
whats for dinner?
forget the mug- i got one from a more reliable source.

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 02:12 PM
The Templars and the Masons have something in common imho.

Fixed
10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
bro now if the other cats could learn from their mistakes
cheers :beer:

zank
10-16-2007, 02:44 PM
No thanks, Shino. It would go straight to my already fat a**. I'm sticking to the plan until 12/17/07. I just bought more rice cakes. But thanks for the offer! And I wouldn't be adverse to having one poured all over me at the GP.

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Zank. I will personally spray you with PBR. The Belgian stuff is too good to waste. :)

Your_Friend!
10-16-2007, 02:57 PM
I was sick for a week, and didn't ride once (except for my race on Sunday) drank a beer and a glass of wine the night before, and still moved up 9 spots in the results the next day to 17th.

Shinomaster!

That _Could_ Be A Sign

Of Training _Too_ Much!

Love,
Y_F!

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 03:00 PM
My_Friend. What _is_the_sign_?

Your_Friend!
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
My_Friend. What _is_the_sign_?

Shino_Master!

The _Sign_!

It Is Your Having

Rested For A _Week_

And Then Doing _Better_!

And Remember!

Beer Takes The _S_ Out Of Fast!

Love,
Y_F!

Climb01742
10-16-2007, 03:52 PM
And Remember!

Beer Takes The _S_ Out Of Fast!

very good, your friend.

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 04:14 PM
You _mean_it doesn't_put_the_S_back_in_Shino_?

Your_Friend!
10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
You _mean_it doesn't_put_the_S_back_in_Shino_?

Shino_Master!

Are You Missing

An _S_?!

Love,
Y_F!

coylifut
10-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I respect Zank for abstaining for the season to reach his lb and cx goals and looking at his results, it's really working.

However, I've to to call hogwash on the rest of you that believe that drinking a few beers will slow you down. Alberto Salazar set the collegiate 10,000 meter record after long night of drinking beer. Yeah, if you drink a gallon of it, you'll spring a leak, but c'mon guys.

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Myfriend,

when I was sick I though I had lost several S's...but I seem to have gotten them back!

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
My friend D'Donald, a former cat 1, made his return to racing at PIR a few years ago in the 1-2 field after three pints of beer and a basket of fish and chips at the Horse Brass for lunch. HE got 12th.

chrisroph
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
didn't floyd drink a bunch of whiskey and beer before stage 17 in '06? it didn't slow him down.

Oh never mind.

Your_Friend!
10-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Friends!

The Legends Are _Many_!

But The _Proof_ Is Elusive!

The Efficacy Of Alchohol

As_P.E.D_ Seems Confined

To _Fish Stories_!

Love,
Y_F!

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
My_Friend_!
I_want_to_win_a_beautiful_race_!
I_Will_Give_up_the_Sauce!
Sincerely_,
Shino

zank
10-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Guys, here's the deal for me. I also agree that some drinks here and there are not going to hurt you or your racing. Heck, only fstrthnu and a couple others here are getting paid to do it, so what does it really matter anyway? Well, to me, it matters a lot. After quite a few years of being well off the back, I want to see what I have in me. I have been turning myself inside out doing intervals, missing group rides for specific, solitary training rides, and trying to stay under control with my eating. A couple of Belgian Ales here and there were eliminated, along with a pile of other stuff I would normally eat. I wanted to give this season a fighting chance, so sacrifices were made. I have very little raw talent. So for me, every little bit helps.

Will I salute US Cross in KC? You bet. But, I am going to stick like glue to my plan for the next 8 weeks. :beer:

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Zank,
after the finish of the last race on Sunday here in Portland I'm gonna have a couple of zebras hold you down while I funnel this down your throat.
http://www.hairofthedog.com/fred-detail.html

Your_Friend!
10-16-2007, 05:35 PM
My_Friend_!
I_want_to_win_a_beautiful_race_!
I_Will_Give_up_the_Sauce!
Sincerely_,
Shino

Friends!

Oh _My_!

I Look So _Pretty_!

In That Art_Picture!

Love,
Y_F!

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Guys, here's the deal for me. I also agree that some drinks here and there are not going to hurt you or your racing. Heck, only fstrthnu and a couple others here are getting paid to do it, so what does it really matter anyway? Well, to me, it matters a lot. After quite a few years of being well off the back, I want to see what I have in me. I have been turning myself inside out doing intervals, missing group rides for specific, solitary training rides, and trying to stay under control with my eating. A couple of Belgian Ales here and there were eliminated, along with a pile of other stuff I would normally eat. I wanted to give this season a fighting chance, so sacrifices were made. I have very little raw talent. So for me, every little bit helps.

Will I salute US Cross in KC? You bet. But, I am going to stick like glue to my plan for the next 8 weeks. :beer:

I'm proud of you...I wish I had such discipline. :banana:

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Friends!

Oh _My_!

I Look So _Pretty_!

In That Art_Picture!

Love,
Y_F!

I_made_it_just_for_you_!

maunahaole
10-16-2007, 05:43 PM
mmmmm beer.

zank
10-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm proud of you...I wish I had such discipline. :banana:

If I can do it, you can do it. All you have to do is decide to do it.

chrisroph
10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
This zebra stands ready, especially since hair of the dog contains valuable b vitamins and complex carbohydrates.

However, mike may bribe the zebras with cool zanc swag.

DarrenCT
10-16-2007, 06:08 PM
I have been turning myself inside out doing intervals, missing group rides for specific, solitary training rides, and trying to stay under control with my eating.

what about a few weeks ago when i drove to wooster and we crashed those strip joints, drank jack daniels and pounded onion rings?

fyi, im leaning toward getting u to build me a cool deal cross bike now. im totally impressed.

cheers
-d

shinomaster
10-16-2007, 06:18 PM
what about a few weeks ago when i drove to wooster and we crashed those strip joints, drank jack daniels and pounded onion rings?

fyi, im leaning toward getting u to build me a cool deal cross bike now. im totally impressed.

cheers
-d

See! I knew it!

swoop
10-16-2007, 07:03 PM

i feel you. there have been few things i've enjoyed more than hurting some kids in a race. it was worth training in the rain and going to bed hungry and getting obsessed and riding alone for hours on end ... any support moral or otherwise i can give you.. you got it. go crush some souls. and do it from the front of the field.

Too Tall
10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
i feel you. there have been few things i've enjoyed more than hurting some kids in a race. it was worth training in the rain and going to bed hungry and getting obsessed and riding alone for hours on end ... any support moral or otherwise i can give you.. you got it. go crush some souls. and do it from the front of the field.
He!! yeah, what he said.

djg
10-16-2007, 09:28 PM
im not sure if this is off topic shino ..but on the crusades..
its a broad interpretation of the topic of crusades.
funny thing ...
the other day the vatican reversed the excommunication of the knights of templar...whose duty was to guard pilgrims on the way to the holy land around 800 years ago..during the ( first ) big war against the moors.

anyway, it seems that the pope who excommunicated this group owed them a ton of money and " freed the debt" by excommunicating and killing them off.
its like e-richie and i settling up after a cross race...

its refreshing that these guys finally got it right.

crusades shino- you said it first.
whats for dinner?
forget the mug- i got one from a more reliable source.

Yeah, lovely folks the Templars. Protectors of Pilgrims, collectors of large fees. Surely, it wasn't all about the money, any more than the first crusade had been all about genocide.

Fixed
10-17-2007, 08:37 AM
bro it seems sometimes you have give up some things to gain others
cheers imho

zank
10-17-2007, 01:49 PM
That's what i am finding out, Fixed. Not that i didn't know it before. I just didn't accept it before. Embrace the sacrifices.

shinomaster
10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
That's what i am finding out, Fixed. Not that i didn't know it before. I just didn't accept it before. Embrace the sacrifices.

Zank, I really think it's great that you are living like a monk (I hope you didn't give up everything :confused: ) and it is helping your racing. I wish I started racing back when I was 25 when I lived in Boston. I lived to ride back then.
I hope you don't mind the taunting with the pint of beer! :banana:

zank
10-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I hope you don't mind the taunting with the pint of beer! :banana:

I would be honored by your taunting. :)

shinomaster
10-17-2007, 04:13 PM

chrisroph
10-17-2007, 04:49 PM

John, we'll just have to pour beer on him as he flies by.

shinomaster
10-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I'll get one of the super-soakers and we'll fill it up with Duvel. Hey, why don't I feel like training in the rain today?

Your_Friend!
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM

Friends!

I Feel That

To Hurt Someone

Is _Not_ Nice!

Be Kind!

It Is The _Friendly_ Way!

Not Crushing The Souls!

Love,
Y_F!

zank
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Friends!

I Feel That

To Hurt Someone

Is _Not_ Nice!

Be Kind!

It Is The _Friendly_ Way!

Not Crushing The Souls!

Love,
Y_F!

I hear ya, Y_F. Crushing souls is not nice. But what about riding away on a bike made of their bones?

Your_Friend!
10-17-2007, 06:24 PM
I hear ya, Y_F. Crushing souls is not nice. But what about riding away on a bike made of their bones?

Zank!

I Think _That_

Would Be Just Fine!

Love,
Y_F!