PDA

View Full Version : the last breath

Fixed
10-16-2007, 09:10 AM
bro ever wonder what it will be like long and sweet and then your gone .
ride hard and fast or slow and sweet enjoy it bro there is no practice this is it .
cheers

I watched an old man get hit by a car today he died in front of me ..i cryed
bad day
cheers

rnhood
10-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear that and, my condolences go out to his family and friends. It's easier to be hit than one might think especially around cities with plenty of congestion. Elderly people are especially vulnerable. People need to be very careful driving in the cities nowdays. We try to live smart and careful but, when our time comes there are no rain checks.

Chad Engle
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Sorry you had to see that Fixed. Bless him.

You have a gift of being able to help others (me) keep things in perspective, and saying it in a way that everyone can understand and appreciate.

I heart fixed.

Alexi
10-16-2007, 09:42 AM
I have seen so many accidents as a messenger and a racer. I am so thankful I've never seen anyone die. I feel so terrible that you had to witness this. My heart goes out to you and his family.

Dave B
10-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Me too, saw some lady comit suicide when I was in college while I was on a bike ride.

Fixed I am sorry you had to witness this, and terribly sorry for the fella.

be safe will ya. We would be lost with out your words here.

Prez

spiderman
10-16-2007, 02:45 PM
i've been there
and very recently.
our group was out for a ride a month ago
and my best friend's wife
was spooked by a cornstalk blowing across the road.
she thought it was a snake.
she overcorrected at 20mph (tailwind ride)
and went straight into the pavement.
i was riding behind, sweeping the route with my friend.
we couldn't believe our eyes and got there as quickly as we could.
his wife was a bloody mess, agonal breathing, as close to death
as a person gets...
i repositioned her using inline traction,
lifted her jaw which kept her tongue from obstructing the airway.
within a few minutes she began to revive.
she was transported by helicopter
to a trauma hospital
where she was found to have a concussion
and small subarachnoid bleed.
she's now home and recovering slowly but surely...
...we're all left with the same awareness
you now describe.
my wife told her later that she knows God loves her...
...she said,
'even if i had died out there, i know God loves me, too'...

Fixed
10-16-2007, 02:53 PM
bro I was first there he was still alive I told him not to worry he'd be all right
broken promise . I held his hand he took a deep breath and died . I didn't know him but i felt close to him for that moment . the fire truck came i was still holding his hand . they said he was gone .
i couldn't work today I went home

davids
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Fixed,

Oh man, that's an awful thing to have witnessed.

But I tell you - He was so, so lucky that you were there for him, to comfort and help him through his last moments. It may have been overwhelmingly hard for you, but he was graced by your presence and by your actions. Take some comfort from that, my friend. You did a good deed, the best kind possible.

J.Greene
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I held his hand he took a deep breath and died . I didn't know him but i felt close to him for that moment . the fire truck came i was still holding his hand . they said he was gone .

Pal,
that's not the work of a beatnik bike mesenger, that is the work of an angel my friend.

JG

Grant McLean
10-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Fixed,

Oh man, that's an awful thing to have witnessed.

But I tell you - He was so, so lucky that you were there for him, to comfort and help him through his last moments. It may have been overwhelmingly hard for you, but he was graced by your presence and by your actions. Take some comfort from that, my friend. You did a good deed, the best kind possible.

my thoughts exactly.

bro, I know i'd be too scared to do what you did for him.
You're my hero.

Grant

Flat Out
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
bro I was first there he was still alive I told him not to worry he'd be all right
broken promise . I held his hand he took a deep breath and died . I didn't know him but i felt close to him for that moment . the fire truck came i was still holding his hand . they said he was gone .

I'm sorry to hear that, man. You did good. You told him what he needed to hear and you were there for him. God bless. Hang in there, bro.

Brian Smith
10-16-2007, 03:13 PM

We, as a populace, use the streets hard.
Sometimes they use all of us right the hell back.

Spending life on them is a tough row to hoe, in ways that most of the rest of us don't know.

thejen12
10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey, Fixed,

I don't know (maybe no one knows), but maybe he is all right. Perhaps he is even better now. That's what some believe, anyway, and maybe even him. We don't know what burdens he may have left behind, and what peace he may have moved on to.

You were an angel, for sure, to be there for him like that.

Jenn

Your_Friend!
10-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Fixed!

You Are _Kind_!

That Is _So_ Sad

I Feel For You Fixed!

Love,
Y_F!

Fixed
10-16-2007, 03:20 PM
bro I was helpless I'm just a cat that carries useless papers back and forth .
what he needed was a doc or a priest not some bearded long haired mess your last view of the world shouldn't be me

Clydesdale
10-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Everyone's last view should be someone who cares, even if it is someone they don't know. Sometimes there is nothing to be done except be there.
Blessings.

Ray
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
what he needed was a doc or a priest not some bearded long haired mess your last view of the world shouldn't be me
Everyone believes their own version of the truth, but it doesn't sound like a doc could have saved him and what you did would have been FAR more important to me (if it had been me in his situation) than anything a priest could have done. It's the little things we do at big moments that make us human. You were a major human being today Fixed. It's gotta hurt to have seen and experienced what you did, but you did the very best thing anyone can do for someone in their dying moment - you let him know he wasn't alone and you gave him that hand of human kindness that we all need in life and at the point of death.

I've never done anything more important in my life than to be with both of my parents when they died, holding their hands and letting them know they were loved.

You did a mitzvah today.

-Ray

chrisroph
10-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Butch--

Sorry, that must have been so tough. I've been there a couple times, most recently PIR a few years back. Its very soul shaking to see a person's life end from so close. I can't talk about the other time but those experiences shape you, and can give you more of an appreciation for the gift of life.

stevep
10-16-2007, 03:57 PM
rough day fixed.
you did the exact thing to help his last moments.
well done my friend.

nothing else to say.
just a sad story.

davids
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
...You were a major human being today Fixed...

You did a mitzvah today.

-Ray
"Mitzvah" - A Hebrew word that rolls up the idea of "good deed" and "commandment/law of God". You fulfilled a moral imperative today, one that a lot of people would have fled from, overwhelmed by the pain and intensity of the moment.

You did good. Literally. I imagine you're feeling miserable right now, but please try to take some comfort from that. What you did was righteous. His family and loved ones should be thankful and grateful that you were with him - I know I am.

I'm proud to know you, even from a distance and through this silly Interweb forum.

swoop
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
*hugs*

Climb01742
10-16-2007, 04:05 PM
perhaps it wasn't random that you were there at that moment. you eased his way toward something. maybe the moment is meant to ease you toward something? just a thought.

malcolm
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Fixed we all die brother and I am a doctor and trust me you did more for him than I ever could. He died with another caring human holding his hand, about all you can ask for and more than many will get. Kudos my cyber friend.

weisan
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
for he was comforted.

fixed-pal, you passed the test.

Dekonick
10-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Fixed,

Sounds like there was nothing that could have been done to save him. I have witnessed too many deaths and it still takes a small toll - what you did for that man is nothing short of heroic. It is not easy watching someone pass in front of you - but imagine how horrible it would be to die alone. You gave comfort to a dying human that you didn't even know - that takes courage and compassion.

The world would be a better place with more cats like you on the streets. :)

Go hug your son and wife - but STAY AWAY FROM SANDY!

Dave B
10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Bro, like many have said you were able to comfort a man on his next journey. That takes somethign special.

However, I am also concerned that you get the comfort you deserve. I hope you understand that you too might need some comforting and someone to hold your hand. What a wonderful thing you did and I am incredibly touched with your unrelenting kindness.

While you are a bike messenger as a job, you are a tremendous man at heart.

I hope you will be well and while it will be difficult to forget, please do not find any fault in your actions, for I think they were the purest of heart and those could never be wrong.

I'll be thinking of you.

Dave

chuckred
10-16-2007, 05:20 PM

No doubt his family is eternally grateful that someone was there to give comfort and they can know that he didn't suffer.

soulspinner
10-16-2007, 05:27 PM
i

couldn't work today I went home

You broke no promises. You gave him comfort, now he IS all right. You keep being who you are. Youre a good man fixed. :beer:

MarleyMon
10-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Peace, bro
You did good.

spiderman
10-16-2007, 05:39 PM
i say this poem daily
...sometimes several times a day...
from gerhard tersteegen (1697-1769):
trust me,
you were where you were
when you were
doing what needed to be done
as no other...

IN HIS HOLY PLACE

His priests we are before Him day and night
Withing His holy place;
And death and life and all things dark and bright
We spread before His face;
Rejoicing with His joy, yet ever still
For silence is our song.
Our work to bend beneath His blessed will
All day and all night long;
Forever holding with Him converse sweet
Yet speechless, for our gladness is complete.

72gmc
10-16-2007, 05:50 PM
begging your pardon, Fixed, but the "last view of the world" should be of a kind person. You gave him that.

rwsaunders
10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Pal,
that's not the work of a beatnik bike mesenger, that is the work of an angel my friend.

JG

I agree; someone definitley sent you there Fixed. Imagine if he died alone.

1centaur
10-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Has anyone agreed 100% on any thread in Serotta history? That should tell you something, Fixed. I for one do not want a priest or a doctor anywhere near me when I die. People are very intuitive when they allow themselves to be, and if that man saw the man we think we see in you then he did not see a mess, he saw a rare and outstanding fellow human with a wonderful spirit. The anguish you feel I am sure reflects the mortality you fear and have faced before. Once the die was cast, that man lacked nothing in your presence.

You were, and are, exceptional.

rePhil
10-16-2007, 06:27 PM
You have a link?

t. swartz
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
butch-touched and humbled by your amazing compassion. cheers my friend.

PK9
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey Fixed -

You did the BEST thing one could do: you showed compassion in a very difficult circumstance.

Thank you for the reminder.

Take care.

chuckroast
10-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Fixed, you're a good man and did a good thing. Peace on you.

Skrawny
10-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey Fixed,
I've been there.
Many times. As a cardiolgy fellow the last three years I have been present at the time, been the last spoken with, and even turned off the pacemaker on a pacemaker dependent patient.

I had grown relatively immune to it, until this July 29th. I was there as my mother drew her last breath. I even asked the intern to give her the medicine that hastened it. Not that I ever took death lightly, but the full weight of easing someone into the inevitable beyond has new meaning now.

The best thing that could have happened for that man at that time was to be in the comfort of someone who -although he didn't know you until that moment- cared for him.

Cheers, my friend, at that moment I think you had a little touch of angel.
-s

Fixed
10-16-2007, 07:55 PM
thank you you guys are too kind
okay i'm goin to relax go for ride walk the dog have some romance life is short
i'd rather think about swoop's bike
cheers imh0 :beer:

manet
10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
thank you
i'd rather think about swoop's bike
cheers imh0 :beer:

have you seen that thing ?!
no amount of hand holding is going ease
the suffering, or help keep it out of harm's way.

konstantkarma
10-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Fixed,

A Buddhist thought from Thich Nhat Hanh seems appropriate to your painful experience:

"If you touch one thing with deep awareness, you touch everything"

Peace to you.

Kahuna
10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
That's called being a good samaritan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_samaritan) dude. Notice the resemblance? :)

As much as it pains, you did a good deed. Far better than most bystanders. Please try not to be so hard on yourself. He's gone. You're among friends.

Bro!

Len J
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
You did good fixed.

What would you say to your child if they were feeling the way you are right now?

len

Dekonick
10-16-2007, 10:02 PM
I did some reflection today - I can honestly say that man had a more peaceful passing than he would have had if medical help had arrived instead. Sometimes it is how we die that is more important than when.

A great number of forumites work with and see death on a daily basis. We become numb to the process and sometimes forget how to let someone die with dignity - Skrawny 'gets it'

Consider yourself blessed for being privelaged enough to see life come full circle - and actually help a fellow human leave this world in peace rather than the typical chaos that is often the case.

Go hug your kid.

Peace.

rob137
10-16-2007, 10:51 PM
You have a link?

I would like to know as well.

mikki
10-16-2007, 11:07 PM
"If you touch one thing with deep awareness, you touch everything"

I love this quote that konstantkarma quoted. It is profound and as a massage therapist who has touched thousands, something that I deeply believe.

Fixed, you stepped up to the plate without reservation to serve this man. I think you followed a directive from God to serve another purely and from your heart. Someone else said that you were their hero and that they would have been too afraid to do what you did. I bet their heart would have taken over and they wouldn't have been as afraid in the moment either, but I am struck by your humbleness and grace in this situation and hope you don't continue to beat yourself up about it. I think you were meant to be there for this gentleman; a gatekeeper to heaven sort of, for him.

I bet it will make you appreciate every moment you are alive.

huey
10-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Fixed-
you are an amazing person. As it has been stated already, you did more for this man in the last minutes of his life, than anybody else could have done. You are truly an amazing and commendable human.

vaxn8r
10-17-2007, 01:04 AM
I've been there too Fixed and at that time you might as well just be "there" for them. Sometimes nothing more can be done or should be done. Just be there. The worst is to go alone atmo.

slowgoing
10-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Your grandmother has an extra big smile for you today.

davyt
10-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Fixed,

Two wishes: I wish that I can live up to your example if the need arises and I wish that, someday, you are able to smile about your good deeds. Peace, bro!
--
Davy

William
10-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Wow, very sad to hear. My condolences to his family.

You have a link?

Maybe this?
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=0253da31-9fcf-4be7-9eae-d76cc9bb23bb

William

Fixed
10-17-2007, 07:54 AM
bro he was a homeless man I have seen him in the nighborhood hyde park
cheers

Kevan
10-17-2007, 08:00 AM
the forsaken wasn't.

RABikes2
10-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Your grandmother has an extra big smile for you today.
+1
Your grandmother would be very proud of your actions, Butch.
Blessings.
RA

rePhil
10-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Fixed. I am curious as to when and where? I see nothing at all in the paper.
He deserves to at least get something.

rwsaunders
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Some poor soul committed suicide the other night at a church down the road from us. It never made the paper or the news, but it was announced at the Sunday service.

rob137
10-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Fixed. I am curious as to when and where? I see nothing at all in the paper.
He deserves to at least get something.

Me thinks Fixed made up this story. I can't find anything either.

Ginger
10-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Think all you like.

Sorry Fixed. People think that every single death is reported in the news. I hope a nights sleep and a day has helped a bit.

HUG

Ginger

Grant McLean
10-17-2007, 08:37 PM

Just like the fact that I can't find anything you contribute to this forum...
am i making that up?

-g

Fixed
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
bro i didn't tell the story for a back slap i only wanted to bring this thought about
seizing the moment makes sense to me since the moment is all we really have. ... the only real guarantee that we have is that we are alive at this very moment.

thank you for your confidence bro... and the time a light post that was hit by a car fell and hit a woman in the head and killed her while she stood on the side walk and the bro standing on the sidewalk with his new look wonder bike a car runs up on the sidewalk and kills him that was made up too . good it didn't happen i'm glad that means 3 people are still alive

cheers

no i don't know why it didn't make the news .

rounder
10-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Think all you like.

Sorry Fixed. People think that every single death is reported in the news. I hope a nights sleep and a day has helped a bit.

HUG

Ginger

I agree. fixed, what you did is the awesomist thing that I can ever remember. I read about it yesterday and it is still sinking in...thought about it all day today. He was a homeless man (just a guy) and someone took care of him while he was dieing. wow. What you did was something.

rob137
10-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Its not the news I am checking. You are correct that every death is not reported in the newspaper, but every death is reported. Do you think the police got notified when someone gets run over. Answer is yes. Were the police notified on Oct. 16th of a pedestrian death anywhere in that vicinity, NO!

Fixed,

Give me the street intersection where it happened. I will look into it and if I am wrong, my apologies.

davids
10-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Its not the news I am checking. You are correct that every death is not reported in the newspaper, but every death is reported. Do you think the police got notified when someone gets run over. Answer is yes. Were the police notified on Oct. 16th of a pedestrian death anywhere in that vicinity, NO!

Fixed,

Give me the street intersection where it happened. I will look into it and if I am wrong, my apologies.
I feel like I'm missing something here.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding your skepticism about Fixed's story. But it's hard - especially when you make comments like this (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=406948&postcount=3) - not to think you've got another agenda.

Can you enlighten me? Assuage my suspicions? Thanks.

rePhil
10-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I have a personal reason for asking where and when. If you can please give me that info I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

rob137
10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I feel like I'm missing something here.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding your skepticism about Fixed's story. But it's hard - especially when you make comments like this (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=406948&postcount=3) - not to think you've got another agenda.

Can you enlighten me? Assuage my suspicions? Thanks.

I am just saying that I have checked into this story with people who would know and nobody has heard of this death. I have asked Fixed on 3 occasions to give the intersection where this happened and he has failed to respond. Why can't he do that if this really happened. Does that not strike you as a bit odd?

Bud
10-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Does that not strike you as a bit odd?

No- it does not strike me as odd. Butch is a very caring and genuine person that I've gotten to know through this forum. I'm sure he has no agenda other than sharing his thoughts and experiences. A quick perusal of his posts should tell you that he is a kind man, a philosopher, and a good human being. He is not one to engage in self-aggrandizement.

As David, said, I'm not sure what your characteristics are, given that you've cast some broad (and unfounded) generalizations in the past few days. I try not to judge, however...

To fixed: you are a good man and I'm glad you were there for that guy. Rest easy, bro.

rob137
10-18-2007, 10:05 PM
No- it does not strike me as odd. Butch is a very caring and genuine person that I've gotten to know through this forum. I'm sure he has no agenda other than sharing his thoughts and experiences. A quick perusal of his posts should tell you that he is a kind man, a philosopher, and a good human being. He is not one to engage in self-aggrandizement.

As David, said, I'm not sure what your characteristics are, given that you've cast some broad (and unfounded) generalizations in the past few days. I try not to judge, however...

To fixed: you are a good man and I'm glad you were there for that guy. Rest easy, bro.

So the fact that no local authorities know of this incident is completely overshadowed by your deep understanding of this man that you have through this forum. Please. The facts are the facts. When somebody is run over and killed by a car, the police are involved at some level, no? Or did Fixed just handle the situation without involving the authorities? What happened to the driver of the vehicle? Was it a hit and run? If not why was Fixed the only help this man had? Where was the driver? Nah, it doesn't add up. If you want to give him a free pass because of who he seems on to be on this board , that's your choice.

Alexi
10-18-2007, 10:30 PM
****, a friend of mine was struck by an oil truck at 4am today. he died ****

thwart
10-18-2007, 11:06 PM
So the fact that no local authorities know of this incident is completely overshadowed by your deep understanding of this man that you have through this forum. Please. The facts are the facts. When somebody is run over and killed by a car, the police are involved at some level, no? Or did Fixed just handle the situation without involving the authorities? What happened to the driver of the vehicle? Was it a hit and run? If not why was Fixed the only help this man had? Where was the driver? Nah, it doesn't add up. If you want to give him a free pass because of who he seems on to be on this board , that's your choice. Yikes. There's a cynic in every crowd, it seems. Gimme proof... I need proof.

Please.

Way to go, Fixed. Hope you realize what a humane and loving thing you did for that man.

Louis
10-18-2007, 11:31 PM
****, a friend of mine was struck by an oil truck at 4am today. he died ****

Alexi,

FYI, unless you post the death certificate within 48 hours you will be considered a dirty rotten liar and banned from the forum.

Louis

Self-appointed policeman of the Forum,
Righter of wrongs,
He who sees all,
He who knows all.

Ginger
10-18-2007, 11:40 PM
If you want to give him a free pass because of who he seems on to be on this board , that's your choice.

We all give you a free pass because of who you seem to be on this board.

MarleyMon
10-19-2007, 06:14 AM
Alexi - I'm sorry for your loss.

Mike

Fixed
10-19-2007, 07:12 AM
bro there are 2 kinds of people in the world those that give and those that take
hyde park ave i already said the street .. i feel no need for the cross exam
we have very short lives it's your choice how you spend with hate or love
conpassion or scron... love or hate ...i'm a sinner i know but i try to do good that is my choice .you have your choice

you could stop to give aid or ride by that is the reason for my post
i have a ignore buttom and i use it for a couple of cats here
put me on it and you won't hear my useless dribble
so long peace and love
butch

weisan
10-19-2007, 07:23 AM
we are a generation that demands for signs and proofs. I tell you the truth, unless you have the faith of a mustard seed, even when the heaven opens and God appears to you in person (which he did), you won't believe.....

mikki
10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
we are a generation that demands for signs and proofs. I tell you the truth, unless you have the faith of a mustard seed, even when the heaven opens and God appears to you in person (which he did), you won't believe.....

+1. Besides, I think that one is more peaceful and joyful to trust unless there is much reason NOT to trust someone.

I don't understand the mindset of someone who would interject a negative spin on a thread like this. I remember my mom telling me when I was little, "if you've nothing good to say, don't say anything".

For my 2 cents, I thank Fixed for sharing this with us and agree that we can either stop a moment to help another in such a time of need, or we can look the other way and not be impacted. He chose the more difficult path and has had to deal with someone's negativity for sharing as well?

Just ignore the cross-examination Fixed; it's his problem.

rob137
10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
+1. Besides, I think that one is more peaceful and joyful to trust unless there is much reason NOT to trust someone.

I don't understand the mindset of someone who would interject a negative spin on a thread like this. I remember my mom telling me when I was little, "if you've nothing good to say, don't say anything".

For my 2 cents, I thank Fixed for sharing this with us and agree that we can either stop a moment to help another in such a time of need, or we can look the other way and not be impacted. He chose the more difficult path and has had to deal with someone's negativity for sharing as well?

Just ignore the cross-examination Fixed; it's his problem.

That's all well and good, but the fact is he is making this "moment'. Folks it didn't happen. I would think that some of you would care that he just made this story up. Here is what I have done to validate this event.

1. Call the Tampa police department and inquire as to whether any pedestrian death occured on or about Oct. 16th. Answer? No!

2. Call the Baynews, channel 9 ask to speak to someone who could research this for me. They confirm, no such incident occurred.

3. Call a business and church that are located on Hyde Park Ave. Ask whether they had heard about this trajedy. Answer? No.

Fixed, for whatever reason, made this story up. You may not like the messenger as much as you like Fixed and his seemingly placid and likeable demeanor on these boards, but I prefer the truth and you should too.

Serotta_James
10-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Not liking where this one is going either...

Louis
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I would think that some of you would care that he just made this story up. Here is what I have done to validate this event.

Whether or not it really happened, I also find myself wondering who made you the Inspector Javert of the forum, or if you have selected yourself, why you chose to chase this one down with such fervor.

Ginger
10-19-2007, 02:23 PM
but I prefer the truth and you should too.

And it's the truth because you're telling us it is?

Lovely.

Why do you want anyone to choose between believing you and believing Fixed?

It's the internet.

rob137
10-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Whether or not it really happened, I also find myself wondering who made you the Inspector Javert of the forum, or if you have selected yourself, why you chose to chase this one down with such fervor.

Do you simply accept everything in life at face value or do you sometimes sense things aren't right and look a little deeper? That's all I was doing. You just don't like what I found. How about a little outrage at being lied to?

rob137
10-19-2007, 02:28 PM
And it's the truth because you're telling us it is?

Lovely.

Why do you want anyone to choose between believing you and believing Fixed?

It's the internet.

No its the truth because its the truth. Why are you ok with being lied to? Can you handle the truth?

Tom
10-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Cool. I learned how the ignore list works.

Louis
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
You just don't like what I found. How about a little outrage at being lied to?

Rob,

I just think one needs to pick his battles and spend his energy wisely. Whether or not that happened happens to be pretty low on my list of issues.

I'm just wondering why it's so high on yours. Was Fixed some sort of hero to you, and now you find yourself crushed by what you say was a deception? I don't think so.

To be honest, I really don't care if the the story is true or not. I don't have a whole lot invested in some random Forumite's moral character. Apparently, you do. Well, in case you hadn't noticed, this is the Internet. Half of the people on this forum may not be who they claim to be. If you want to be the forum Truth Squad and track down all the stories told to check their veracity, knock yourself out.

Louis

Ginger
10-19-2007, 02:36 PM
No its the truth because its the truth. Why are you ok with being lied to? Can you handle the truth?

I'm not really...I'm very fact based. But this is the internet...who says you have the truth? Because you *say* you picked up the phone and made some calls? This is the internet...Don't you understand how funny that is?

Trot yourself down to the county morgue and ask your questions there. You won't get a straight truthful answer on the phone.

Fixed
10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
bro i'm writing my last post on this if some one has such hate for me i do not know why .my story is no story it is true
compassion or hate ? ..truth is i had to stop or bunny hop the man ..maybe i should have he was just a waste of humanity like me .. right rob ?
I'm goin to do what i do best ride my bike hug my son kiss my wife oh that might be a lie .bro if you want to go after someone there are better and bigger targets imho
bro you can't see the forset for the trees
cyclist can do good and have compassion to their fellow man
imho don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message
bro some one misplaces a paper or a package and it's the messengers fault bro i made a rookie mistake i didn't get his signature
cheers

thejen12
10-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Do you simply accept everything in life at face value or do you sometimes sense things aren't right and look a little deeper? That's all I was doing. You just don't like what I found. How about a little outrage at being lied to?
This is a forum, I read it for entertainment. I thought Fixed's post and the following discussion was very insightful. I got what I wanted. It doesn't matter if it's "true" or not, I'm not making a decision based on the information in that post.

If I were looking for information I could base a decision on, I'd do some followup research on what I read and then come to my own conclusions. And I wouldn't feel the need to try to convince the world that my conclusions were the correct ones - let them follow up and form their own conclusions if they're interested. Most other readers probably aren't interested in my personal conclusions, as you seem to be finding out.

Jenn

rePhil
10-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I wanted to do something, I really did. But like Rob I couldn't find anything.
Maybe I am on Fixed's blocked list for some reason, I dunno.
All I know is I wanted to do something. Sadly, I no longer care if it's true or not. I came to my conclusion by researching, and making some calls. I came up empty.

oracle
10-19-2007, 03:49 PM
rob apparently has a lot of time on his hands with little that is meaningful on which to spend it.
i'm impressed, rob, that you took the time to call the police and the local news to confirm something you heard in an internet chat forum. everybody's got to have a hobby i guess.
fwiw, i witnessed a pedestrian hit by a car, was involved in attempting to administer cpr, et cetera a number of years back and could find out no information regarding the accident after the fact. i'm frankly not surprised that your amateur private investigator game has proved fruitless. consider yourself ignored, rob.

Tom
10-19-2007, 04:02 PM
The truth I see is that this has nothing to do with seeing that truth will out, Rob. Where does that leave us? Who here is really telling the truth? I do not believe that you are telling us the truth when you defend your motivation.

t. swartz
10-19-2007, 04:19 PM
the man's done thousands of posts. he appears to be very intuitave with an amazing sense of humor. sure, he could'a assumed a false identity. like ginger said, this is the 'net. surely someone would'a busted him by now if he was indeed a fraud. have i met him? no. do i know people who've met him? yes. he's the real deal.

J.Greene
10-19-2007, 04:28 PM
surely someone would'a busted him by now if he was indeed a fraud. have i met him? no. do i know people who've met him? yes. he's the real deal.

I've never met him, but he hooked me up with the best pizza in the Tampa Bay area. I'd give the guy a pint of my blood.

JG

rounder
10-19-2007, 08:26 PM
I know this thread isn't going on much longer...for the record...i vote for Fixed.