PDA

View Full Version : slideshows

manet
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
@ dwell magazine.

scroll down for one on bikes, another on bike stuff, and yet more on messenger bags:

http://www.dwell.com/slideshows

julia
10-15-2007, 01:59 AM
oo nice

you could park a prefab house on the rack of that kona

cadence90
10-15-2007, 03:09 AM
.... ..

rwsaunders
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
The pinnacle of intellectuality.

manet
10-15-2007, 10:23 PM
"Dwell" is the most inane and ridiculous US magazine on architecture/design currently in publication.

And that's counting the conservative commercial abomination that is "AD" on one side and the inept populist superficiality of "Metropolis" on the other.

(Not to mention that the subject of that piece would make our own Mssr. Neville shake in his boots, regarding "relentless self-promotion"....)

Is there something in the US publishing water (whether related to architecture or to cycling) which simply precludes any ability to publish something of intelligence, substance and quality?

how do feel about brian baylis

cadence90
10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
.... ..

Grant McLean
10-15-2007, 10:49 PM
"Dwell" is the most inane and ridiculous US magazine on architecture/design currently in publication.

That's not really saying much.
Sort of like saying Madonna is the best artist i heard on the radio today.

I'm a dwell reader, since issue #1. I did enjoy it more in the early days,
but I think the prefab stuff is an interesting direction the mag has taken.

-g

cadence90
10-15-2007, 11:10 PM
.... ..

Grant McLean
10-15-2007, 11:17 PM
The prefab stuff initally was interesting, but the aspect of prefab that Dwell espouses is essentially a rehashed version of the same old Case Study aesthetic they have always pushed....
To me, Dwell has become an architecture-lite equivalent of Design Within Reach; some of the stuff is nice, but it's all been seen before, and there really is no new commentary or viewpoint.
JMO.

I don't really disagree with what you're saying, but it's a magazine afterall.

Personally, i'm a huge fan of the case study stuff, so i don't really see that
as a negative. The fact that 99.9% of houses aren't 'modern' and in this day and
age are still being stick built, it seems to me that dwell still has some work
to keep pounding away at...

-g

cadence90
10-15-2007, 11:30 PM
.... ..