PDA

View Full Version : Do you ride with your left brain or right brain?

Elefantino
10-13-2007, 07:46 PM
See (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html) how you make out.

swoop
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
its really about which eye is dominant. close one eye and it rotates that way.... close the other and it changes.
i think your eyes crisscross so right eye us connected to the left lobe and vica versa....

dbrk
10-13-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't dispute the which-eye-is-dominant interpretation but it is also a matter of seeing the moving figure from two perspectives, as if it were spinning on two different axis. I think that's why I see it turn both clockwise and counter-clockwise; it all depends if I look across the figure or, as it were, from the top down (or bottom up).

dbrk

Fixed
10-13-2007, 08:24 PM
bro i don't know but she's has a nice frame
cheers imho :beer:

Sandy
10-13-2007, 08:24 PM
When I initially look at it, she is always going clockwise. But if I look back at it, she sometimes is going counter-clockise sometimes and sometimes clockwise.

dbrk actually does have a left brain and a right brain, giving him a total of 2 brains. That is one reason why he is so smart and knows so much. I, on the other hand, have a left side and a right side of the same little brain. That is why I am not so smart..... :rolleyes:

:banana: Super Smart Pea Brain Sandy :banana:

Kevan
10-13-2007, 08:34 PM
First counter then clockwise, then back and forth and eventually seemed to stick in a counter clockwise motion for me.

Sandy
10-13-2007, 08:40 PM
When you dance for me, you don't go clockwise or counter clockwise. Guess that is because you are always doing one of those lap dances for me.... :)

Smiling Sandy

Samster
10-13-2007, 08:42 PM
that pretty much explains why i rode off the cliff last time out...

rwsaunders
10-13-2007, 09:03 PM

Was she spinning?

Fixed
10-13-2007, 09:07 PM
she wants a trainning partner
cheers imho in another couple hours the whole place will be spining
cheers imhohicup :beer:

Ginger
10-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Either eye/both eyes = clockwise.

Oddly, some parts of peripheral vision get her going counter-clockwise. Also scanning across the screen quickly gets the counter-clockwise, but not consistently. Oh...and when I blink...

But I'm a tech writer by trade which is all detail oriented reality/fact based words and language.

Perhaps my left brain just *lets* my right brain think it's in control.

Yeah, that's it.

swoop
10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
oh by the way... she has cute nips. i'm just saying... how geh are you dudes that you didn't notice the boobage?

Fixed
10-13-2007, 10:06 PM
bro i said she had a nice frame .cheers

Ginger
10-13-2007, 10:17 PM
oh by the way... it she cute nips. i'm just saying... how geh are you dudes that you didn't notice the boobage?

I thought it was funny that they left both the nips and the toes...it's a computer generated model, not a photo...

Oddly enough, if I go back to the page, she's going counter-clockwise until I'm there a moment or two, then she's back to the clockwise.

No wonder I'm confused.

but this is sort of fun. I've found if I concentrate on her more stationary foot/the vertical motion rather than the horizontal, I can make her switch directions.
Um...what Douglas said.

Although, my left eye is 1.5 weaker than my right eye...and when I make her switch directions, my eye is getting tired...so perhaps it has nothing to do with the brain itself and more with the "video feed"

chakatrain
10-14-2007, 01:07 AM
I see her moving clockwise and can't, despite my best attempts to concentrate, get her to move counter-clockwise. I wonder what that means?

Ray
10-14-2007, 05:13 AM
I can do whatever I want with my eyes and she's still going clockwise. I can think about it all day (well, for a minute or two) and she's still going clockwise. But then I read the text for a little while, looked back, and she was going counter (anti) clockwise, but only for a few seconds and then she was back to going clockwise.

Regardless, I'd like to meet her.

-Ray

Ray
10-14-2007, 05:15 AM

soulspinner
10-14-2007, 05:51 AM
I see her moving clockwise and can't, despite my best attempts to concentrate, get her to move counter-clockwise. I wonder what that means?

Im with ya. Only clockwise. I tried scanning etc.

mcteague
10-14-2007, 06:47 AM
First clockwise then counter. Clockwise seems to dominate but using just my left or right eye don't seem to change. I'm starting to wonder if the image direction really changes intermittently.

Tim McTeague

Lifelover
10-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Im with ya. Only clockwise. I tried scanning etc.

Try staring at her heel for a few minutes. That is the only way I can get it to switch to to "Anti" clockwise.

Steve K
10-14-2007, 07:35 AM
What if you see it Top-over, or Over-under. Quarky

djg
10-14-2007, 07:53 AM
I like to bring the whole brain along when I ride, weight weenies be dam_ed.

I haven't seen this one before -- interesting cross between a traditional ambiguous figure and a Rorshach test. This is a strange one for me in that I've just not been able to get the apparent motion to reverse at all -- it's all clockwise, all the time, albeit sometimes with an apparent hitch or stutter in the path. Whatever your initial perception might signal about eye dominance, I doubt very much this signals anything about personality or intellectual strengths and weaknesses. Most ambiguous figures and apparent motion queues are heavily influenced by initial point of focus and stereotypical (for the individual) scanning pattern; typically, things start to flip when one changes the view, or when certain sets of neurons get fatigued further back along the visual pathway (some excitatory and inhibitory activity has a steep drop off so the pattern of the network changes).

RPS
10-14-2007, 08:18 AM
What’s a skeptic to see? I don’t see past an effort to pigeonhole people (and yes I know statistical trends exist in this area).

“Math and science” and “words and language” in the same group? Doesn’t that run counter to normal myth? Reminds me of geeky engineering students taking remedial English. :rolleyes:

I asked my wife in advance to pick which column she thought I fell in best, and she couldn’t; confirming how mixed up I am. :crap:

sr51
10-14-2007, 10:02 AM

I only see your avatar moving counter-clockwise. :)

slowgoing
10-14-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't think which way you see her rotating means squat.

SadieKate
10-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Either eye/both eyes = clockwise.

Oddly, some parts of peripheral vision get her going counter-clockwise. Also scanning across the screen quickly gets the counter-clockwise, but not consistently. Oh...and when I blink...

But I'm a tech writer by trade which is all detail oriented reality/fact based words and language.

Perhaps my left brain just *lets* my right brain think it's in control.

Yeah, that's it.
Clockwise no matter what. Well, I finally got it to go anti-clockwise when I stood on my head.

I can almost say ditto to Ginger's reply except for the peripheral vision but I do write contracts all day long, not tech manuals. Not much difference when it comes to brain skills.

My pay check god-homage time is spent in the left brain world, but my right brain skills are what get me into trouble. I get terribly impatient with long explanations. I "get it" fast and get cranky with would-be instructors and co-workers when they insist on pedanticly explaining every stupid little step in whatever discussion we're having, or not seeing the bigger picture and the domino-effect of their requests. Have to watch the mouth. :rolleyes:

TTBS
10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
SWOOP, each eye has nerves connected to both hemispheres.

Fixed
10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
it's rigged imho
cheers

csm
10-14-2007, 08:53 PM
clockwise only.

Fixed
10-14-2007, 09:00 PM
bro 3 people saw it change at the same time
how's that ?
cheers

bironi
10-14-2007, 10:56 PM
When I sit back from the monitor 10 feet with a few beers, I see a speed skater. She pivots centered and pushes off left right just as Apollo Ahno does. Back off from the monitor and you will see with my eyes, with a couple good beers :beer: :beer:

bironi
10-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Givie it a shot.

torquer
10-15-2007, 10:48 AM

Only dancers I know built like that tend to rotate around poles. Clockwise, counterclockwise, I never noticed.