PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Build Times??

ace007
07-15-2004, 08:08 PM
I think I'm about to order a new Serotta CIII and have a question I'm afraid to ask but here it goes. Does anyone know how long the wait times are on frames right now from Serotta? I'm riding a century in late August or early September and will never make it on my current bike. If I can't get the Serotta in time I may have to wait until next year and buy a LeMond or something to get through my century. Any experience with wait times will help. Thanks.

Smiley
07-15-2004, 08:42 PM
a c-iii should take 3-4 weeks unless you go nuts with a paint scheme :banana:

Bill Bove
07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Do you really need custom geometry? If you don't, and most of us really don't, you could get a Fierte' pretty quick. The Fierte' is the unsung hero of Serotta's line up.

va rider
07-16-2004, 07:56 AM
You should call Serotta and ask.

In May, I was able to get my CIII pretty quick. I received the spec sheet the day after my fitter sent in my measurements. I signed off the next day on the specs and had my 2 color custom faded Serotta frame at the bike shop in just under three weeks. (the fade added a day or two). My lbs built the bike up in two days.

I would think if you get fitted and order in the next few days, you would have no problem and would have the bike by mid-August.

Now get training for those centuries!

p.s. my lbs hooked me up with a loaner Serotta (Csi) while I was waiting on my cIII. Your lbs should be able to give a very decent loaner while you are waiting.