PDA

View Full Version : OT-Crosby/ Nash

sspielman
10-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Okay, I have become quite accustomed to seeing "old" musicians...and my wife and I have a new sport discussing which ones are a sad case of one too many...and which ones still have the gift....WELL....we had a chance to go see David Crosby and Graham Nash last evening in Wilmington, Delaware...and I am pleased to report that these guys are still GREAT. If you have a chance go hear them....It can't last forever. One of my rules about the classic rock era remains intact..."whenever David Crosby opens his mouth, the music gets better..."...three thumbs up....

Ray
10-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Okay, I have become quite accustomed to seeing "old" musicians...and my wife and I have a new sport discussing which ones are a sad case of one too many...and which ones still have the gift....WELL....we had a chance to go see David Crosby and Graham Nash last evening in Wilmington, Delaware...and I am pleased to report that these guys are still GREAT. If you have a chance go hear them....It can't last forever. One of my rules about the classic rock era remains intact..."whenever David Crosby opens his mouth, the music gets better..."...three thumbs up....
Kind of amazing to see the toll that age and drugs can take, and yet it never seems to affect the human singing voice. Crosby is a great example of that. James Taylor another. Both have had trials and tribulations that would lay me out permanently. And its not like they haven't had plenty of consequences to deal with. But, DAMN, can these guys still sing! It was like Garcia in the last year or two of his life - he really couldn't play the guitar worth a crap anymore, but his singing still had moments of such transcendent beauty that I kept going back for more. Crosy and Nash will be great singers as long as they can still make it up to the stage. Glad it was a great show - I shoulda been there.

-Ray

sspielman
10-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Kind of amazing to see the toll that age and drugs can take, and yet it never seems to affect the human singing voice. Crosby is a great example of that. James Taylor another. Both have had trials and tribulations that would lay me out permanently. And its not like they haven't had plenty of consequences to deal with. But, DAMN, can these guys still sing! It was like Garcia in the last year or two of his life - he really couldn't play the guitar worth a crap anymore, but his singing still had moments of such transcendent beauty that I kept going back for more. Crosy and Nash will be great singers as long as they can still make it up to the stage. Glad it was a great show - I shoulda been there.

-Ray
Ray, you are never wrong with respect to music...you should have a regular column here...
From where you live, you still have a chance saturday night in atlantic city!

BTW, I learned that this tour is sort of part of a Crosby,Stills and Nash Tour...and that Stills needs more time off these days. The three will be heading downunder to New Zealand and Australia for the end of the year...and also learned that Stills has lost some of the gift and subtracts more than he adds at this point....

OldDog
10-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Caught them Tuesday night in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Great show, great back up band and the solo duet of Nash and Crosby was very cool. Nash is known for his political rantings, but this night he left them home and tended to the music. Again, great show.

Too Tall
10-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Nice :) Same opinion of Elvis Costell, he just gets better.

Len J
10-11-2007, 08:23 AM
2 of my all time favs.

glad to hear they still have it.

len