PDA

View Full Version : Totally Off Topic: Amazing Internet Radio

Acotts
10-10-2007, 01:34 PM
I thought I would share this with my new desk jockey freinds here at the Serotta Forum.

www.pandora.com

You get to make your own radio stations by creating channels that play music similar to the musicians you like. Every musician is catalougued using hundreds of varibles to help you find similar bands. Then, you hit the quick mix button, and it randomizes the list creating a music station of your creation. I bring my headphones to work and it keeps me going. I haven't used my ipod in 6 months.

Pretty cool stuff.

Grant McLean
10-10-2007, 02:38 PM
www.kcrw.com

www.novaplanet.com

-g

ashwa64
10-10-2007, 03:11 PM
www.kdhx.org

incredibly diverse radio. the programs are streaming for two weeks after original air date. find one that interests you and listen to it (i would suggest bob's scratchy records at 12:00 pm on fridays).

they are in the midst of their bi-annual pledge drive, but it's worth a listen.

Grant McLean
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
www.kexp.org

-g

DarkStar
10-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Access to Pandora has been blocked up here in the Great White North since last year! Great way to discover new and old music, I bought more CDs last year than the previous three years combined due to Pandora. This year, nada!
Cheers

NicaDog
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Are you getting your internet connection through Canada? Pandora has been blocked outside of the US I hear, but haven't heard of any limitations within.
I listen to it daily in Boulder.

Great way to listen to music in a genre you like.

Sorry you're blocked.

Chris
10-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Accuradio is similar. I love the 80s station and Twang.

rwsaunders
10-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks...that's cool. Here's a good station too.

www.wyep.org

Russell
10-11-2007, 07:20 AM
www.kexp.org

-g
+1 - I listen to the station a lot; they also play my e-mail requests.

This site is pretty cool:

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/

SWorks4me
10-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I thought I would share this with my new desk jockey freinds here at the Serotta Forum.

www.pandora.com

You get to make your own radio stations by creating channels that play music similar to the musicians you like. Every musician is catalougued using hundreds of varibles to help you find similar bands. Then, you hit the quick mix button, and it randomizes the list creating a music station of your creation. I bring my headphones to work and it keeps me going. I haven't used my ipod in 6 months.

Pretty cool stuff.

+1 on Pandora

regularguy412
10-11-2007, 10:41 AM

www.pandora.com

Pretty cool stuff.

+1 on Pandora. Not much smooth jazz played on the radio here in 'Da Saouth'. :D

Here's my radio station there:

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh142589465380540855

Mike in AR