PDA

View Full Version : Bang for the Buck Wheels

mike p
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
This spring I bought a set of neuvation m28 aero2 wheels for 200.00 through a sponsor. I put them on my training bike and probably have 3k mi on them. Many of those are hard dirt and seasonal road miles. I'll have to say they are very durable, have yet to true them. The spoke tension is quite high. After all spring and summer tension and true are the same as the day I put them on the bike. I'm 6'2" and raced at 180-185 and am not easy on wheels. While not really lite they're stiff and very strong. Ride very much like my ksyrium sl's at a third of the price. Rating *****

Mike

stevep
10-09-2007, 08:00 PM
the guy who owns the company is an old friend and is a very stand up guy.
the wheels are a great deal.

DarrenCT
10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
i feel out of place here without the "p" to be honest.

however, i've heard good things about these wheels.

cheers
-d

mike p
10-09-2007, 08:03 PM
I think one of the best deals out there. Anyone know anything about their carbon wheels?

Mike

Marron
10-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I picked up at pair from Performance for $99 the year before last as a trainer/winter set. Last fall one of the tabs on the rear hub snapped off with the spoke. I thought I had more than got my money's worth, but dropped John a line to let him know it had happened. I had absolutely no expectation of getting a replacement and didn't suggest that in my note. John insisted on sending a replacement wheel that arrived in two days.

A very nice guy with a good product.

SimonC
10-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Whilst we're on the subject, I'll add Mavic Aksiums to the list. They're not the lightest, but they've remained straight and true no matter what I've thrown at them - potholes and really bad road surfaces, a little bit of fireroad riding, and lots of miles. All that for not much money means I'd happily buy them again. Oh, and you get a pleasant surprise in terms of acceleration gain when you do fit something lighter :rolleyes: