PDA

View Full Version : OT-Alteregos

JohnS
10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Why do some people insist on posting under two names? I'm not talking about those occasions where everyone knows the person has changed names (MA/Ginger, atmo/e-richie, obtuse/jerk) but the current Norman Neville and the like. Aren't you happy with who you really are; that you have to live a clost life? Most of the time it seems that they want to stir stuff up while still being "liked" for their real name... :crap:

e-RICHIE
10-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Why do some people insist on posting under two names? I'm not talking about those occasions where everyone knows the person has changed names (MA/Ginger, atmo/e-richie, obtuse/jerk) but the current Norman Neville and the like. Aren't you happy with who you really are; that you have to live a clost life? Most of the time it seems that they want to stir stuff up while still being "liked" for their real name... :crap:
i had stopped posting as atmo and it led to that dresden firebombing
of a thread (http://serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28505&highlight=atmo+left+building) several months ago. i was done with it. over. i've summoned
up the screen name mebbe twice since then. more than anything, it
depends which laptop i'm on atmo. i post as e-RICHIE.

csm
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I can't think of another name ot post under.

jmewkill
10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Can you give some specific examples? In case i don't get it.

J.Greene
10-09-2007, 08:23 PM
I wanted to post under Lou Deeter but that was taken.

JG

Ginger
10-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Can you give some specific examples? In case i don't get it.
you know...I thought jmewkill had to be a made up alter ego...

then I realized it wasn't.

I have to say that seeing M_A_Martin on Shinomaster's Serotta cross bike thread gave me a bit of a start. I stopped posting on that name for two reasons. One, I was up to 2500 posts. Second...people thought I was a man. Sorta tired of that. :p

LouDeeter
10-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I wanted to post under the nom de guerre of Sir Malodor, but, it was taken.....Or, is it Sir Maldoror? Does someone know or did I get it right the first time??

e-RICHIE
10-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Second...people thought I was a man. Sorta tired of that.
those were real atmo?

edouard
10-09-2007, 08:40 PM
I wanted to post under the nom de guerre of Sir Malodor, but, it was taken.....Or, is it Sir Maldoror? Does someone know or did I get it right the first time??

no siree ... mat + door.

Dave B
10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I think I'll create anew one, but I can only think of Mrs.President and it simply is not sneaky enough.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Sandier?

E-riche Cunningham?

Swept?

Not tall enough?

strawberry guy..or..gal?

I don't know this seems as though all the good ones are already taken. :crap:

taz-t
10-09-2007, 09:16 PM

i heart Famous Lou

- taz (aka taz)

Ginger
10-09-2007, 09:20 PM
those were real atmo?
Last anyone checked...

pdxmech13
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM
you folks kill me

goodin

Fixed
10-09-2007, 09:42 PM
i had stopped posting as atmo and it led to that dresden firebombing
of a thread (http://serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28505&highlight=atmo+left+building) several months ago. i was done with it. over. i've summoned
up the screen name mebbe twice since then. more than anything, it
depends which laptop i'm on atmo. i post as e-RICHIE.

bro i missed all of that .

.i love bikes red ones the most

cheers :beer: imho

Lifelover
10-09-2007, 09:52 PM

Why do you keep asking the same questions?

Multiple Personality Disorder (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=17784&highlight=screen+names)

Who knows why they do it? Most likely for the attention.

Tobias
10-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Why do some people insist on posting under two names?
Shouldn't any post stand on its content rather than who posted it?

Why should ID even matter? You don't know me from Adam anyway, so what difference would it make if I signed up as Santa Claus?

BTW -- just in case it's not clear, I'm not. ;)

e-RICHIE
10-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Shouldn't any post stand on its content rather than who posted it?

you can't have a lunchtable with just content.
you need relentless protaganists atmo.

hey - i'm joking.

Tobias
10-09-2007, 11:04 PM
hey - i'm joking.
Not so sure. :no:

=======================================
Reverence? What reverence? There’s reverence?

Your_Friend!
10-09-2007, 11:09 PM
you can't have a lunchtable with just content.
you need relentless protaganists atmo.

hey - i'm joking.

e-Richie-san!

It Was Possible

During The Time

When _Catsup_

Was Declared A _Vegetable_!

Love,
Your_Friend!