PDA

View Full Version : I look little bit heavier then others

moonlight429
10-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi friends, Frankly speaking I look little bit heavier then others. And I was thinking about doing any diet to get slim. But my friend told me that diet only works temporarily and for a longer period it will not work. And when you stop dieting you will gain twice the weight you lost by dieting. Is it true? Is there any way present which will help me to stay slim after stopping dieting?

e-RICHIE
10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
live on altoids and san pellegrino atmo.
ride daily, mebbe 70 minutes or so.
be relentless too -

norman neville
10-09-2007, 05:59 PM
be relentless too -

shameless promotion of the E RICH EE weightloss center opening soon near you. free registration today only if you sign up to buy the E RICH EE meals for 600 years.

MarleyMon
10-09-2007, 06:17 PM
... Is there any way present which will help me to stay slim after stopping dieting?
you gotta lose the bulge.

stevep
10-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Is there any way present which will help me to stay slim after stopping dieting?

bet with me.
you wont have money for food.
will slim down mighty fast.

Ti Designs
10-09-2007, 06:32 PM
This was me before I made that bet with SteveP in '04 about the Sox...

I Want Sachs?
Weight loss is easy. Just take in less calories than ones used up.

What your friend said is not true. The problem is people overeat after they finished their diet program, so they gain back the weight and sometimes more.

The key is to figure out how many calories you use up and take in less then that to lose weight. When you reached desired weight, take in only the amount you use up to maintain the weight. If you stop dieting and go back to the diet you had that gained you the weight in the first place, of course you will end up gaining back the weight. The key is permanent change, the current use/intake is not the right mix.

tab123
Portion control and exercise and avoid junk food. Eat good food, just not too much of it. You will get used to smaller portion sizes after a month or so and feel much better.

I lost 35 pounds and have kept it off for over 6 years by following this routine.

Ginger
10-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Sad thing is that people think that a whole can of pringles is "one serving"

csm
10-09-2007, 08:10 PM
wait, a can IS NOT a single serving? next think you'll tell me is that 6 beers is not the way to wash them down????

Ginger
10-09-2007, 08:21 PM
The correct answer is:

No. That dress does not make you look fat.

You're not lying, and if you're lucky whoever is asking won't figure out the rest of it.

Fixed
10-09-2007, 08:44 PM
be relentless too -
bro we are .cheers
imho

KeithS
10-09-2007, 09:00 PM
I bought a Serotta, now I can't afford to eat. A rule I have learned are the faster it comes off the faster it goes back, mostly because it wasn't a permanent change of lifestyle. I gave up as many empty calories as I could, it has to become learned. As Tab said, eat less than you burn. Ride lots. I am down 50 in a little less than a year by aggressivly dieting and working out. Down 125 over 10 years. Not easy, not fun. The upside is, I can ride all day long and feel great. At 50 I climb better than 30 year olds in my club. Hang in there. Suffering is good for the soul, and weight loss good for A1C control...

J.Greene
10-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Is there any way present which will help me to stay slim after stopping dieting?

I have a mormon friend with 5 wives. He is slim.

JG

Louis
10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Ride more, eat less.

Not as easy as it sounds.

vaxn8r
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I have a mormon friend with 5 wives. He is slim.

JG
Your post is more revealing about you than your friend.