PDA

View Full Version : Steve Hampsten inquiry

rwsaunders
10-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Steve:

Nice article on your brother in the all 2007 supplement to Outside magazine. Are you going to produce more of the wild boar jerseys? Very unique.

Steve Hampsten
10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks! It was neat article and it's fun to see the jump in our businesses from some mainstream press.

(Is it just me, or is naming a magazine "Outside's Go" a trifle clunky? I think of Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Or the band The Sixths...)

The jersey...was complicated. I was never thrilled with the fabric, or the cut, or the quality of the sublimation - but the original design by Julia was quite good.

Short answer: we're planning a couple of jerseys for next year but we're not planning on doing that one. Could change, though.

saab2000
10-07-2007, 02:06 PM
(Is it just me, or is naming a magazine "Outside's Go" a trifle clunky? I think of Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Or the band The Sixths...)

Sorta like US Postal Service Team, Presented by Barry Floor or whatever it was.

Ginger
10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Well...

"GO Outside" would be way too obvious...confused the marketing people...honest

julia
10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks! It was neat article and it's fun to see the jump in our businesses from some mainstream press.

The jersey...was complicated. I was never thrilled with the fabric, or the cut, or the quality of the sublimation - but the original design by Julia was quite good.

Short answer: we're planning a couple of jerseys for next year but we're not planning on doing that one. Could change, though.

how bout >beth's sushi<

Climb01742
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
(Is it just me, or is naming a magazine "Outside's Go" a trifle clunky?

how'z about: mastercard card? i speak from experience here, if you ever have to say it in a commercial or on radio, they make you say "mastercard (freakin') card". insane.

Blue Jays
10-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Will the owners of Assos, Castelli, Descente, De Marchi, and/or Pearl Izumi please call Mr. Steve Hampsten on the white courtesy phone? Riders need cool gear with the cinghiale on it for next season!

Steve Hampsten
10-12-2007, 12:18 AM
and we'd like that in a wool blend, please,

with fabulous sublimation and cut

Steve Hampsten
10-12-2007, 12:21 AM
how'z about: mastercard card? i speak from experience here, if you ever have to say it in a commercial or on radio, they make you say "mastercard (freakin') card". insane.

mom always said mastication would make me go blind, so wit' the mastercardcard i can...nevermind

soulspinner
10-12-2007, 04:45 AM
My mom caught me masticating once-threatened me with a fork...

Blue Jays
10-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Maybe the folks who made the wool jerseys for SEVEN can create something cool with a HAMPSTEN motif? Keep yer' fingers crossed for next season!