PDA

View Full Version : Wheel builders question...

SoCalSteve
10-06-2007, 02:53 PM
HI all,

This may be very obvious (and probably a stupid question), but I will ask it anyway...

If I have a 32 hole hub (White Industries ENO) and a 28 hole rim (Mavic CXP-30) is there any way to make this combo work?

As always, thank you all in advance,

Steve

davids
10-06-2007, 03:08 PM
You may want to check out Mr. President's sig...

I'd say "no effen way", but then I've never built a wheel in my life.

justinf
10-06-2007, 04:12 PM
no.

michael white
10-06-2007, 04:54 PM
just get a 32 hole rim.

raven
10-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Actually- yes it is possible...but it won't be pretty. Aesthetically, doing this to an ENO hub is just wrong. Naturally you'll have to skip 2 spoke holes on each flange, thus subjecting the flanges to uneven stress/tension. Additionally, the spoke indentation marks on the flanges will be off a bit, further enlarging the spoke hole- not good if you plan to match up the hub to a 32 hole rim in the future. Thus I'd say thumbs down.

SoCalSteve
10-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Actually- yes it is possible...but it won't be pretty. Aesthetically, doing this to an ENO hub is just wrong. Naturally you'll have to skip 2 spoke holes on each flange, thus subjecting the flanges to uneven stress/tension. Additionally, the spoke indentation marks on the flanges will be off a bit, further enlarging the spoke hole- not good if you plan to match up the hub to a 32 hole rim in the future. Thus I'd say thumbs down.

Thank you! I had a feeling that it was POSSIBLE, but not a good idea.

Glad you cleared it up for me!!!

Thank you,

Steve