PDA

View Full Version : OT autofill from address book atmo -

e-RICHIE
10-05-2007, 08:27 AM
does anyone know how this works and why?
for years nearly all my email addys that are
saved can be autofill-ed, but whenevet i type
in from the Gs and the Ts it doesn't summon
up any addresses. none. is there a setting on
the puter? it doesn't matter if i use the dell or
the ibook. 99% of the time i am typing from
juno webmail, but that shouldn't matter since
the other 24 letters summon up some addys
to choose from.

help atmo be more relentless.

rounder
10-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Well since no one responded...im not a techie so take it for what it's worth. I looked up address autofill issues on MS outlook today. It mentioned that one potential problem was that the address cache may have somehow been corrupted and provided instructions to restore it. If it has always been that way, then maybe it is an original programming issue...you might consider only sending e-mail to address names that do not begin with those letters (just kidding). If it were me, I would contact my network/website guy to see what he thought and also check the settings to make sure that everything is working properly. I don't know much about juno e-mail but it is possible that it it is not full service and does not offer the quality of service that you need.

Ahneida Ride
10-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I too have auto fill issues ...

That's why it's called Look Out !

dirtdigger88
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
if you eliminate the Gs and the Ts . . .

do I move up any closer in line?????

sorry I thought it was worth a try-

Jason

Pedro72
10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
I can only speak to Microsoft Outlook, not sure about webmail. The "autofill" or "type-ahead" cache is stored in a file with an extension of .NK2 You can find this file by searching your hard disk with "search hidden files and folders" selected. Search for *.NK2 You can delete or move this file out of the folder and the cache will re-build itself as you use your email. (Hopefully you have a record of all the email addresses you send to.) This would resolve the issue if this file was corrupt. Not sure why you are missing adresses that start with certain letters. Is it possible that you simply havent sent email to adresses that start with these letters? There is no setting that I am aware of that would omit certain addresses from being displayed.

hope this helps.....

Grant McLean
10-05-2007, 09:44 PM
I guess you could switch to scotch and soda?

-g

swoop
10-05-2007, 09:56 PM
its the seventh sign. run away from sachs. redrum. 666.