PDA

View Full Version : Honjo fenders advice

bruce-e-boy
10-05-2007, 07:40 AM
After much lurking I wonder if I can ask for some advice?

I am having a fixed lugged winter bike made by Chas Roberts in London. In the UK, it seems we can only really get plastic SKS fenders, which seems a shame for such a nice project. I love the look of the hammered honjo fenders, but can't find a distributor in the UK or even Europe. Any suggestions how/where I might get a couple of sets imported without hassle(the maker is also interested in getting a set to show customers)?

Also, if I am planning tyres c 28-30mm, what size Honjos do I order?

many thanks

nick0137
10-05-2007, 07:59 AM
www.velo-orange.com - they've shipped stuff to me in London with no bother. Although mudguards will be bulky and a bit more expensive.....

Or as an alternative try Gilles Berthoud mudguards - http://www.gillesberthoud.fr/anglais/index1.php

dbrk
10-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Also, if I am planning tyres c 28-30mm, what size Honjos do I order?
\

Use the 43mm if you are really going to use a true 30mm tire, like the GranBois. Most tires don't meet their spec: they are, for the most part, smaller. You can use the 40mm if you are in 28mm tires but I'd not do that if you want the clearance, you'll still get the nice round line around the tires. Good luck!

dbrk

SimonC
10-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Bruce,

I'm London-based and I ordered a set from V-O a week or so ago (still waiting for another few bits before shipping). If you want, I can get them to add another pair to the order and we can split shipping - PM me to sort this out.

All the best,
Simon