PDA

View Full Version : CinciJim appreciation thread

Bruce K
10-03-2007, 08:03 AM
While we're at it....

For two years now, CinciJim has been a great host to us out-of-towners at Sunflower Revolutin weekends in Cincinatti.

He has been a ride tour guide, restaurant advisor, bike cleaner, and who knows what else.

And, truth be told, he probably doesn't get thanked enough.

there are other great folks there who help make the weekends great: Kathy, Dave, and the gang at Oakley, Pablo, Stephanie (spinsistah), Tom (dehoopta), and a few others whose names escape me at the moment but James just always seems to be part of it.

So either he is a nice guy with a big heart, or he is Zelig. I think I'll go with the former.

BK

LilBolt
10-03-2007, 10:32 PM
We had the pleasure of having CinciJim join us for the RSVP (Ride from Seattle to Vancouver & Party) this summer. He fit right in with our group, and had much to share on & off the bike. I do, however, have him to blame for my new addiction to the Steep & Cheap website for outdoor gear. Also, based on his suggestion, we've booked a firewatch tower for a hike/snowshoe (hopefully) trip later this coming winter. My friends and I all hope to have a chance to ride with him again next year.

Cinci Jim
10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
I did not really do anything special, just what anyone would have done for someone coming in from out of town. Bruce I'm going to try to get up your way next summer or maybe to the Ashville get together. Lilbolt, you & Bruce should think about Ashville. I'm going to try to make it down, depending on the weekend.

Sorry for the late thank you, Last week I was in Nagoya and the week before getting ready to go to Nagoya that I'm not really had much time for anything else. The HSG is still a box of parts - I can't wait to see it built as I ordered an S fork painted to match. Should look cool.

Thanks again.

One last thing, you can't forget sitting outside along the Loveland bike trail having coffee with Maynard, listening to his tales! :banana: