PDA

View Full Version : Pete McKeon, this is for you!

dave thompson
09-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Washington Wine Country ride this weekend, 105 miles, mostly sun with a little rain, bunches o' wineries, SAG to retrieve our purchases from said wineries, Prime Rib dinner with a hosted wine bar! What more could a cyclist want for? P.S. did I mention lotsa reds?

The vine are full of grapes, they smell wonderful as we cycle past the vineyards. The harvest starts next week and this is supposedly a great year for the grapes! Looking forward to the barrel tastings next year.

shanerpvt
09-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Wow - that looks like fun!

Pete Serotta
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Dave, thanks for thinking of me and the pictures are really wonderful. Maybe next year I can join you in the ride and the wine tours.

Thanks again.

PETE

LilBolt
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Dave...I thought your bike looked familiar...saw it at lunch yesterday. Today's 60 was mostly wet, and that had nothing to do with what the vintners were pouring. We did this ride last year and had such a great time, and were so impressed with the support and kindness of the Kiwanis and Knights of Columbus in the Yakima Valley, that we convinced 6 friends to join us this year. Unfortunately, today's weather was a bit of a spoiler. Not sure if we'll do it next year, so Pete, you can sign up early and take our places. :) The ride is capped at 200, and they had about 300 who were interested. The UHaul loaded with cases of wine at the end was mighty impressive! Gotta go clean my coeur d'acier so it doesn't turn into a seau de rouille.

dave thompson
09-30-2007, 10:41 PM
It was quite unusual to see rain in an area that only gets about 7" of it a year. This our first year for this ride, and like you we were very impressed with the support given to the riders by the Kiwanis/Rotary/Knights of Columbus.

The ride was a bit harder than I anticipated, going up the hills to all the wineries. Good fun though and I met a bunch of great folks.

Kevan
10-01-2007, 06:03 AM
Mmmmmmm...that was good.

Frank Draper
10-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Dave,
I thought the area looked familiar. My in-laws just moved from Prosser to Issaquah. When we would visit them in Prosser we always did some sampling at Hogue and Kestrel. My favorite is the Kestrel Merlot.

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a wonderful way to spend the weekend.
FrankD.

rwsaunders
10-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Dave: I always knew that a left wing activist lurked within you (UWDA).

dave thompson
10-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Dave: I always knew that a left wing activist lurked within you (UWDA).
Ya, you should see our monthly meetings, news at 11! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1RHeVMnhG4&eurl=http://intriguechocolates.com/