PDA

View Full Version : thanks bettini

ada@prorider.or
09-30-2007, 10:26 AM
thanks for great race paulo bettini
you showed the germans the right ways

coylifut
09-30-2007, 10:51 AM
we generally add spoiler to topic headings. you can go back and edit it if you wish to be polite..

Fixed
09-30-2007, 10:53 AM
bro a class act imho
one of the best little riders ever
cheers

mike p
09-30-2007, 11:40 AM
we generally add spoiler to topic headings. you can go back and edit it if you wish to be polite..

Happens every time!

Mike

Fixed
09-30-2007, 11:42 AM
bro is it on the tele today ?
cheers

David Kirk
09-30-2007, 11:50 AM
The TV listing show that there is cycling on the tele today but that it the Velveeta and it's on 4pm my time.

Dave

cadence90
09-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Good for him!
What a great race by the entire team, esp. Cunego, Bertolini, Rebellin (and now I hope Il Grillo wins his lawsuit too).

A good week for the Italians! :beer:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Hermes%20Foto/2007/09/30/0JP6V2PR--346x212.jpghttp://www.gazzetta.it/Hermes%20Foto/2007/09/29/0JP4OKPF--346x212.jpg

Fixed
09-30-2007, 12:08 PM
bro he looks ripped
cheers imho

cadence90
09-30-2007, 12:14 PM
bro he looks ripped
cheers imho
I think that's anger. ;)

I have to say...what a year for Cadel Evans. Impressive.

Louis
09-30-2007, 12:27 PM
you can go back and edit it

Coy,

Unless they've changed the software, the last time I tried to do this it was not possible.

Louis

1centaur
09-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Valverde seems unlikely to embarrass any race organizers.

Why so many DNFs? I am not a keen observer of the World Championships so pardon me if this is something that always occurs.

dauwhe
09-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Valverde seems unlikely to embarrass any race organizers.

Why so many DNFs? I am not a keen observer of the World Championships so pardon me if this is something that always occurs.

Seems to happen in many one-day races, especially circuits. If you're dropped, no point in keeping riding...

Dave, just speculating...

Avispa
09-30-2007, 02:11 PM

Same as the Olympics, remember? Maybe there's not so much money or maybe many people fried in these late season things...

..A..

CPP
09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
As for Valverde, maybe he was a bit distracted coming into todays race. See http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=33706
Just my opinion.

paczki
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm so happy to see him win. That was a new low for self-righteous anti-doping rubbish from German politicians. I hope he wins the lawsuit as well.
It's all about euros and grandstanding:
"In the latest round of the conflict between the Stuttgart and the UCI, officials from the host city of the UCI Road World Championships indicated they would not pay money owed to the UCI because it feels the UCI has not taken sufficient measures against doping.

"We will not hand over taxpayers' money to any organisation that is not fighting seriously against doping," Mayor Wolfgang Schuster told the Stuttgarter Nachrichten newspaper according to Eurosport. On the line are 600,000 Euros due to the UCI and 75,000 Euros due to the German Cycling Federation.

UCI President Pat McQuaid did not confirm the remaining amount owed on the organizers' contract, but he say according to Eurosport, "It's been reported that Stuttgart is refusing to pay the third and final installment in the contract with the UCI and I think we can take that as a statement coming from the city. We have a legal contract and we expect it to be adhered to. We'll take whatever steps we can to make sure it is."

Stuttgart's threats are a response to some riders being allowed to compete despite not signing the anti-doping pledge. Defending world champion Paolo Bettini is one such rider. A court overturned a request to ban him from competition at worlds after not signing the official pledge."

swoop
09-30-2007, 09:19 PM
watched the whole race. man, the italians killed it for him. the whole team earned the jersey.

TriJim
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
We were at the top of the Birkenkopf climb and caught this picture on an early circuit. Not only were the Italians working hard on the course, they appeared to have a very large contingent on the sidelines. There were Italian flags everywhere.

In reference to the "self-righteous anti-doping rubbish from German politicians," it is my observation that this is the sentiment of many Germans (and not just the politicians). I also find that average folks know and understand doping in cycling much better than the average NFL/MLB/NASCAR fan. :beer:

A.L.Breguet
10-01-2007, 05:07 AM
He is Specialized.