PDA

View Full Version : OT Mussina/Rivera Last Night

keno
09-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I guess Moose hasn't figured out his problems and Sandman discovered some. I can't say I expect the Red Sox to go all the way, but I like the direction.

keno

Bartape1
09-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Even Mo has a bad day every once in a while, no worries Joba! 27 world championships is starting to sound good, it's a nice even number! ;)

manet
09-29-2007, 07:45 AM
shoulda traded rivera last year for something soon to be more useful.
and with him a gift wrapped giambi "thanks for doing business with us" token of appreciation.

quattro
09-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Even Mo has a bad day every once in a while, no worries Joba! 27 world championships is starting to sound good, it's a nice even number! ;)
+1
You can't keep me out of one of these cycling-related-yankees-Sox posting.maybe we can cycle from Boston to the Stadium for the WS, gotta keep it cycling related. :D

Ray
09-29-2007, 10:08 AM
We don't have QUITE the history of despair that the Bosox do, but the Phillies have broken many many hearts themselves over the years too. Watching them surge while the Mets collapse has been big-time fun around these parts. I'm pretty sure their pitching will prevent them from going all the way, but DAMN they have some hitters. And Cole Hamels is a fine staff ace - shutting out Washington last night, striking out 13. They could still break our hearts over the next two days (Adam Eaton, the guy going today, has been unbelievably consistently terrible the second half of the season) and the Mets could get it back together. But it doesn't feel like that's gonna happen this time.

I'm with you for the Sox unless they happen to get into the Series and find the Phillies there. In which case, I gotta go with the home team. They've been really fun to watch this year.

-Ray

Bruce K
09-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey quattro, wasn't it you touting how the Red Sox lost a couple to Tampa?

Let me get this straight, extra innings loss to the D-Rays followed by an extra innings loss to the Dead Birds gives the Sox the division and probably the best record in MLB....

LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN !!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

quattro
09-29-2007, 10:39 AM
That was me, the D-Rays and the Birds SUCK, check their records, the Yanks booted a couple, we are not perfect like the RS who have never lost a game in history and now have the best record in MLB, how could it happen, must be a miracle, it's their year, hoist the flag now, why wait? So there you have it, we are both in the playoffs, hopefully we will have the pleasure of meeting each other in the second round.
LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN, RIGHT ON!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

cadence90
09-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Internazionale Milano 4 - Roma 1

YES!!!

:) ;) :D :cool: :beer: