PDA

View Full Version : What prompted you to buy your 1st Serotta?

Spinner
09-28-2007, 02:29 PM
My own experience ... It was during the 2001 Ride Across Indiana (Rain) that I had my first hard look at Serottas. I was riding with a group between Indy and Richmond that contained two wonderful examples. I quickly admired the beauty of the balanced geometry, the swagged tubes and the sumptuous finish.

Several days after the event, I found the old Forum and soon became enthralled with the idea of owning a Serotta. Frankly, the narratives of the Forum members convinced me that a Serotta was in my future.

Shortly thereafter, I met with John and Doc at Continental Bike Shop in Hazel Park, MI., the dealer that was then closest to my home (160 miles away). These fellows clinched the deal with their knowledge and enthusiasm for the Serotta line.

It's a real pleasure to own a Serotta. I receive a lot of positive comments about my mine, even from people who aren't into cycling. It fits the "eye candy" bill.

deechee
09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Simple story, I was fed up with neck and back problems with my bike, saw Paul Levine and he did what he could but suggested I'd be best off on a Serotta. He put me on a Serotta size cycle and it felt great. A few months later I was ready to throw my non-Serotta into the bushes, called Paul and ordered the Serotta.

I had never seen a Serotta before, let alone know what steel was like, what the diff was between the CIII, CSI etc. but he guided me through it and the moment I biked around his block I was happier than you would believe. Love the product and can only dream what the Legend/Ottrott/Meivici are like.

Cary Ford
09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
My first and only Serotta was a red, alu "Colorado" something or-other that I saw on GVHBikes in 1998 or 99.

I bought it because it was cheap and the geometry was right - it had a long top tube and looked like something I could abuse without feeling guilty.

I rode it for a season, alternating between it and my Caad4. I liked the way it rode - it was close to the perfect geometry for me. It was stable, had no flex, felt steel-like, and I could beat the hell out of it... I had no emotional attachment to it, didn't care what happened to it. It didn't excite me at all, wasn't sexy by any means, but it did the job.

I won a road race on it.

I sold it about 2 months later.

The HSG is the first Serotta I've looked at since with any interest.

wdlewis
09-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I decided to return to biking after many years (20+) and visited two bike shops. I was offered a test ride on a top end Pinarello by one shop and several test rides on Serottas by the other shop. The Pinarello wasn't available for a couple of weeks. That bike shop suggested I get a fitting from a master fitter at the shop that sold Serottas. I got the fitting, an all Ti Serotta was set up near my measurements, and I rode it for a week. I didn't like its harshness. I then tried an Ottrott ST and loved it. I rode it several times and made the decision to have my own made without ever trying the Pinarello. I also did some research on the Ottrott before actually placing the order. Another factor was the staff at the Serotta bike shop. I liked their skill level and their enthusiasm. They have taken great care of me and the bike. No regrets. I've put about 1500 miles on the bike an I'm still thrilled every time I get on it.

Dave B
09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
It was beautiful....

The guy who sold it to me spoke about it as though it would allow me to see the stars in a new light.

It did.

JohnS
09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Shortly thereafter, I met with John and Doc at Continental Bike Shop in Hazel Park, MI., the dealer that was then closest to my home (160 miles away). These fellows clinched the deal with their knowledge and enthusiasm for the Serotta line.
Same thing happened to me. I bought a Bianchi Campione from them and when it was time to upgrade, they ordered me a Concours.
PS-It was only 23 miles for me.

BURCH
09-28-2007, 03:19 PM
I had seen one once when I was first getting into road biking. It was sweet and caught my eye imediately. Not seeing them all over made the brand all the more intriguing. Years later, when it was time to get a new ride, I did my research and did end up with a Serotta, a great american made product.

I had looked at everything from De Rosa, IF, Seven, and the Canadian bike company (can't think of the name this second).

rwsaunders
09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I found the Forum several years ago by accident, and the bohemian nature of this group of cyclists, builders and mercenaries pulled me toward the dark side. :cool:

pale scotsman
09-28-2007, 03:31 PM
I wanted the most badass ti bike I could find. The Legend was/is it for me.

Chad Engle
09-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I asked the kid at my LBS if I should upgrade or buy new bike. He gave me a killer sales pitch. I heart my CDA.

benb
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Fit and the hope that it would get me a bike that I would be so happy with that I wouldn't feel a need to sell it and start over in a couple years...

I only got my first one this spring.. can't find anything wrong with it other then I'm still trying to find the perfect saddle.

abqhudson
09-28-2007, 05:22 PM
What prompted me to buy my first Serotta? Easy - The Serotta Forum.

Fixed
09-28-2007, 05:42 PM
davis phinney bro i wanted to sprint like him
cheers

shinomaster
09-28-2007, 05:44 PM
My own experience ... It was during the 2001 Ride Across Indiana (Rain) that I had my first hard look at Serottas. I was riding with a group between Indy and Richmond that contained two wonderful examples. I quickly admired the beauty of the balanced geometry, the swagged tubes and the sumptuous finish.

Several days after the event, I found the old Forum and soon became enthralled with the idea of owning a Serotta. Frankly, the narratives of the Forum members convinced me that a Serotta was in my future.

It's a real pleasure to own a Serotta. I receive a lot of positive comments about my mine, even from people who aren't into cycling. It fits the "eye candy" bill.

I was tricked..imho

Bartape1
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Serotta showed up at my LBS group ride with a fleet of bikes, I rode an Ottrot that evening and the rest is history. That one ride convinced me that Serotta was the real deal. I am now a happy owner of a Legend Ti.

Sandy
09-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Stability and efficiency in translating pedal input into forward motion- In 1998, I was looking at new road bikes. I test rode at least 15 different bikes, including steel, carbon, titanium, and aluminum. I test rode 4 Serottas- Atlanta and CSI- both lugged steel, and Legend and CTi both titanium. What impressed me the most was the stability of all 4 Serottas and the ability of each to efficiently transfer pedal input into forward motion. I thought that the CSI did the latter best.

I was not looking for a steel bike and I was not looking to buy a Serotta. I had heard about Serotta bikes, but never had ridden one.

Bottom line- The bikes themselves did it for me- The test ride, and the aforementioned stability (that I found in no other bike) and efficiency in pedal input.

In 2003 I decided to get another bike. No 15-20 bikes to try. Just one- The Ottrott- Loved it and bought it.

Sandy

Larry
09-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Serotta showed up at my LBS group ride with a fleet of bikes, I rode an Ottrot that evening and the rest is history. That one ride convinced me that Serotta was the real deal. I am now a happy owner of a Legend Ti.

I saw my first steel Serotta in a shop in Columbus, Ohio. This was long before I bought my CSi in 1998. That bike stayed in my mind for a long time.
It was quality through and through......it was obvious.

I took the plunge in 1998 and have many wonderful memories.
I now have a 2007 CDA which is even better. Awesome bike and fit!
Everything on a Serotta comes together so beautifully, and the ride speaks for itself.

Larry

Delpo
09-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Wanted a real race bike. The HSG IT did it for me. Stiff, comfortable, affordable, and makes every watt count.

Delpo

imp25rs
09-28-2007, 08:03 PM
I was 17 and since I didn't have any interest in driving my dad decided to take the money he saved with me not driving and told me I could have any bike I wanted. Plus, if I was riding a bike I wasn't getting into trouble and I was starting to get into racing more. So we went to thee shop we usually went too to get some ideas. I was used to riding carbon bikes (Trek and Specialized) and thought carbon was just the latest and greatest thing. So naturally those were the first one I tried. They were nice and all but just didn't get me that excited. I tried a titanium bike (can't remember what) and it was nice. I liked it better than the carbon which surprised me. Then the guy and the shop told me he had something I might like. He came back a few minutes later with a Serotta, which I had never heard of before. He said it was steel and I would like the ride of it. My first though was "why would I want a steel bicycle"? Isn't that "old" technology? But I humored him and took it for a ride. I could tell the difference with the first pedal stoke. I rode up and down a few hills by the shop and was just in love with the bike. When I finally got back to the shop I talked to the guy about what it was I liked and he mentioned that Serotta also made titanium bikes and he happened to have one I could take for a ride but it was a few sizes too small. I figured I would ride it anyways just to see. It was nice but not the same as the steel. So we talked some more and I got fitted to see what size I would need. It turned out that I was almost a perfect fit for a CSi frame they had in stock. He showed it to me and it was black on top wich faded to white on the bottom. The one I road wasn't a CSi but he told me the CSi was even better so I had to have it.

Funny thing is a few months later I ended up getting a girlfriend and started driving so I could take her out. That ended up taking much of my time and I kinda forgot about bicycling. I kept talking about riding again for the last couple years but this last summer my dad needed to lose some weight and get into better shape so he started bicycling again. That was the motivation I needed to actually get out and ride again. After riding my Serotta again (even though it is 11 years old) I have no urge to find a "better" bike.

Louis
09-28-2007, 08:10 PM
The seller told me that it would make me 3 mph faster....

Larry8
09-28-2007, 08:30 PM
After having a couple of bikes that didn't fit sold to me by bike shop stooges I wanted a bike that really fit. I'm way outside of the average, being a clydsdale, so being fit by a 120 pound greyhound just didn't compute. I ended up at fitwerx for a fitting and ordered a custom Legend on Ian's recommendation. It was expensive but now I feel that the limitations in my riding are my own not the equipment. The bike is beautiful and just what I wanted, a definate keeper.

Cheers,

Larry

davids
09-28-2007, 08:36 PM
I learned a lot here, rode my eBay Seven a lot, and then rode a bunch of different bikes.

The Serottas were the best, and I liked the Nove the most. So I bought it.

KeithS
09-28-2007, 08:44 PM
So Lou - did it? I have been selling for over 25 years and have made many claims that could not be substantiated. I am always cautious about writing that stuff down.

I'm into that cool thing too, but the classic lines of the Serotta had me from the gitgo. Lost 20 lbs, rewarded/punished myself and bought Fierte, lost 30 more. Rode as much as a 50 year old with four kids and a full time job can. The last bike I owned that even came close to the same feeling was a Motobecane Grand Jubilee, bought it in high school. Didn't ride for years got fat and complacent took up riding 10 years ago. Not fat any more, not skinny, weighed 325 at 41 and 200 at 51.

Why did I buy it? Because I can. April 1 to Sept 1 rode 2000 miles. Not bad when the two seasons we have here are winter and a couple of months of bad skating. Glad I bought it, I never looked back. I think I might have added 3 mph too, but I know I go up hills like I used to go down. I like that in a bike...

Larry D
09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
I had seen Serottas at international in Allston and admired them for a number of years.

When I moved to Michigan, I decided that my almost 30 year old Raleigh Competiton needed some rest. I found an Atlanta frame at Continental in Hazel Park and had to have it. I have never regretted buying it or my association with the great folks at Serrota or on this forum.

The Atlanta has been passed onto my oldest son and I now have a Legend and recently acquired a Davis Phinney. My wife took the plunge and rides a Colorado III.
:banana:

manet
09-28-2007, 08:53 PM
1980 while standing in the bicycle exchange cambridge m@ss, craning my neck looking up at frames, a french dude unhooks a green one, pushes it in my direction, purses his moustached lips and declares, "here, this will fit you."

regularguy412
09-28-2007, 09:24 PM
I had been riding various C-dales: a 1988 Criterium 3.0 and after that the 'new' 2.8 road frame,, plus a C-dale tandem. Even after racing and training all those miles,, I never quite felt 'comfortable' on the bike. When my 2.8 frame had been thoroughly thrashed and was on its last legs, I decided it was time to visit a fitter and finally get a bike liked me as much as I liked it. My racing buddy suggested we visit a shop in Memphis, TN, so that I could spend some time on the Fit-cycle.

The proprietor who fit me is still there, now 10 years later. He spent over four hours with me that morning, trying to get everything 'just' right. During this process, I discovered that I had an eight millimeter leg lenght discrepancy -- likely the main source of my lack of comfort on my previous bikes.

After the fitting, we discussed various frame materials, as well as riding style and intended use. My racing buddy had always ridden steel and suggested that I should seriously consider purchasing a steel CSI, since at the time, Ti and Carbon were only just starting to come into favor. I decided that a CSI it would be. After all, I could get one of the new F1 carbon forks.

As it turned out, I found I could actually ride the CSI stock geometry. I'd just need to shim my right cleat to make up for the leg length discrepancy. About four weeks later, my midnight blue frame and fork arrived. I already had all the new parts for the build. The first mile outta the box on the shake-down ride left no doubt in my mind; this was a special bike. I even thought, "Now _THIS_ is what a bike is supposed to feel like!".

I'm sure that Ti and Carbon make really fine frame materials. However, I've never felt the need to even ride any other frame material. Someday, I will probably test those other bikes, but they'll still be measured against the Gold Standard.

Mike in AR

Note-- Just finished lacing up a replacement rear wheel to replace one that had a 'memory' from a crash that occurred long ago. I'll soon be back on tubulars again. :)

dekindy
09-28-2007, 09:34 PM
I decided to stick with steel and Serotta was the only brand that my favorite LBS sold. I read a lot of favorable reviews and got a great deal on a Fierte steel at 2006 labor day sale.

I saw a Bianchi Virata that was also all-Ultegra like the Fierte was equipped at Christmas time. They were practically giving them away at $1,400. I would have probably snatched that up in a heartbeat if I had not already had the Serotta.

A riding buddy bought a new Scott Addict the other day that is nice. I said that if I had all the money in the world to spend on a new bike I would probably just keep the Serotta. It does exactly what I want it to do. Smooth ride and all day comfort.

Elefantino
09-28-2007, 11:35 PM
I was recovering from an accident, wearing a body cast and taking 2,400 milligrams of Vicodin a day.

Javaman
10-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Although I do not own a Serotta yet...still waiting...looking...so, anybody want to sell their Hors or Legend? ;) :beer:

rounder
10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Back in the early 90s, my LBS had a red nhx hanging from the ceiling that I would drool over. I wanted a new bike and was debating between Eddy Merckx and Serotta. The Coors Lite team was happening at the time and rode red/yellow Serottas...I wanted one too. The next time I was in the LBS, the frame was all built up (like it was gonna be gone soon). I bought it on the spot. About a year later, the Tour du Pont came nearby. I was at the start and saw Len Pettyjohn...the Coors Lite director...and told him that I bought a Serotta because his team rode them. He took me around to the team van and introduced me to the team. I was way impressed and have been happy with Serotta since (not just because of that).

csm
10-06-2007, 08:02 PM
who wants a legend.....

Tom
10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Said "Oh, I have got to get me one of these!"

Saved our money. Serotta was right up the road. Fortuitous. We rode. We liked. We got ourselves a CSi each.

I beat the **** out of the CSi. Got wicked lucky windfall. Karen said get yourself another bike. I did. No paint Legend.

John Prine: "How Lucky Can One Man Get?"

saab2000
10-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Found this site a few years ago. Everyone gushed and the people in the know seemed to be knowledgeable.

Finally made a longshot bid on a CIII on eBay and won the auction. It could only be better if it were a stock 57 instead of a 58. But who's splitting hairs?

Best all-around bike I have ever had.

ejh
10-06-2007, 09:54 PM
an artical in cycling mag, remember them, back in 1986 and Ben intradused colorado concept tubing. Eric

Kevan
10-06-2007, 10:34 PM
he had some illicit photos of me with Sandy.

I had to buy his Serotta.

Javaman
10-06-2007, 11:49 PM
who wants a legend.....

hmm...what size? :)

onekgguy
10-07-2007, 12:04 AM
It was early 1998 and I'd just been through a hard time in my life with the divorce from my wife of 15 years...man...that sounds sappy. Anyway, I was determined to do something for myself to lift me out of my depression. I'd been riding my favorite steed of 19 years...a Colnago Super (http://kevinandtammy.net/images/navy/colnago_1979.jpg). The last thing I needed to do was spend a huge amount of cash on a bike but there was no rationalizing that at the time. My riding was more important to me than ever and I was getting myself back into it in a way I hadn't in years.

My choice was actually between two frames. I spent a few hours with local builder Chris Kvale in his shop and out on the road. I think he charged $75 at the time for a fitting. I put his numbers in my back pocket then headed over to Flanders Brothers in Minneapolis and had Scott Flanders dial me in on the Serotta size cycle. The frame specs Chris and Scott came up with were nearly identical. In the end I went with Serotta...probably because there was a sexiness to the Serotta frames hanging from the wall in the shop. I also thought (and still do) that if it's good enough for Scott, it's good enough for me.

I did right by Scott with my Legend Ti (http://www.flickr.com/photos/onekgguy/413207080/in/set-72157594574551991/). There was never even any buyers remorse when there probably should have been at that time in my life.
Kevin g

csm
10-07-2007, 07:20 AM
stock 57...

Jeff N.
10-07-2007, 08:28 AM
I'd heard they were the best. Jeff N.

rwsaunders
10-07-2007, 09:50 AM
How about the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Dave Thompson?

93LegendTG
10-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Serotta used to offer each size of their models with different top tube lengths. I was able to buy a stock 58 frame with a 59.5 top tube. It was the only off the shelf frame that fit me well.

Avispa
10-07-2007, 10:52 AM
In early 1989, I went on a large, fast group ride (The River Ride) in Sacramento, Calif. and our club at the time was riding Treks with DA.

I was lucky enough to ride and talk with some of the dudes from the 7-11 team that were on the ride.... Roy Knickman and Raúl Alcalá among others. After the ride some of us stopped for drinks and spoke about bikes for a while. I was sold on what the 7-11 boys had to say about their "Huffys". ;) ;)

The rest is history.... ;)

..A..

kerrycycle
10-07-2007, 11:58 PM
That was the quote I got from multiple dealers across the country when doing some consulting for Serotta while in business school. Although I knew them to be great bikes, I was not a Serotta fan before that; I thought they were "heavy" and not for racers like me. I got my HSG Carbon in August. I've put on lots of miles since. I'm in love with my "heavy" bike.

Javaman
10-08-2007, 01:48 AM
stock 57...

Doh! :crap: too big!

Steevo
10-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I returned to road riding in 2002 on my old alu Trek after years on the MTB. The alu just was just rattling my bones to the point of ruining the fun. In early 2003, started shopping around. Hit the local shops, saw and rode way too many "new, more comfortable" alu bikes. None of these worked. I knew I wanted steel. Stopped into a different LBS, told them I was looking for a steel frame, and they put me on a Fierte to test ride. The Fierte was the bike I was looking for in terms of ride quality, comfort and performance. The only minor drawback was the sloping TT. Rode it again, did some more research, discovered the (old) forum, got some good advice and haven't looked back since. I love my steel Fierte.

"Ride one, you'll see" truly describes my experience.

Fixed
10-08-2007, 10:07 AM
bro I wanted a c 3 or peloton real bad ...first year Fierte red $ 2100 two cm too small talked into it by salesman if it had been 56 I would still have it
cheers

14max
10-08-2007, 01:37 PM

Elefantino
10-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Bicycling magazine featured an Atlanta when I was laid up recovering from my broken back. I liked what I read and bought a NWOT frame from a guy in Portland.

Wish I still had it. It had Shimano, but I wish I still had it.

cmg
10-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Saw one in a shop in 94-95, couldn't afford one or so i thought. i was riding a 4 yr old Torelli in a weekend club ride, came across a women riding her friends classic red/yellow fade steel frame and started talking/stalking her for the rest of the ride about it. didn't get her phone number but about 2 months later i bought a Serotta Atlanta in the red/yellow fade. bike lust is a wonderful thing.

ti_boi
10-08-2007, 11:44 PM
I was riding on an aluminum team saeco cannondale and a nice fellow that rides a lot mentioned that I should really be riding ti.....cause I am a robust fellow.....and so.....

chakatrain
10-09-2007, 08:42 AM
I knew a guy that had a steel serotta built up for the '97 California AIDS Ride. Gorgeous bike, purple/yellow fade 1/2 & 1/2 paint. He was so in love with it that I took note.

In '05, I started to look to replace my Bianchi Veloce, my first road bike, which I also bought for the '97 California AIDS Ride. I saw a steel serotta for $1500 on craigslist, so I drove across the Golden Gate bridge to take a look. I was blown away, upon test riding it, how well it handled the bumpy road surface yet still accelerated and handled. I didn't buy that bike (though, thousands of $$ later, that would have been a great deal!).

I did, however, stop off at City Cycle on my way back to my SF apartment and started the ordering process. Got my Colorado III in about 10 weeks after that.

Now I've got three, including a '96 CSI bought from a forumite and a '07 Legend Ti bought as one of the 2007 blowout deals announced by Serotta James.

While I thought the CIII in '05 was sweet enough to be the "last bike I'd ever buy," boy, was I wrong. That bike, and the subsequent finding of this forum, have just lit a passion for great bikes. Oh, to have the coin and space to collect great bikes!

Cheers!

guyintense
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
I read a press release from Serotta in August 9, 2005 that started with "Adieu CSi…" It said "CSi no longer represents the best of what Serotta has to offer for performance or value. The lug-style assembly, while beautiful to behold, is an archaic method of frame construction which has long since been replaced by the combination of newer tubing designs and a 15 year track record of experience with TIG welded frames."
I thought,archaic method of frame construction ? I've got to get me one of those!

David Kirk
10-09-2007, 10:01 AM
I always wanted one. I didn't know that much about them except that a local guy had one and would bring it into the shop where I worked. I always fought to be the guy who got to work on it. There was something special about it. The details and the simplicity. It was wonderful. It was also something like a 54 cm so riding it gave no clue as to how one in my size would be. The place where I worked was not a Serotta dealer and there was no way I could afford one. I ended up buy a Merckx for a song. It was cool but it wasn't a Serotta. The name Serotta sounded so Italian to me. Funny to find out much later that there was nothing Italian about it.

Flash forward a number of years and I ended up working at Serotta. Finally I could afford one. Well actually I couldn't. I could afford to make one. I got an advance on my salary so I could afford the tubes and lugs. I rode that bike for almost 8 years before selling it after moving to Montana.

Dave

Samster
10-09-2007, 01:55 PM
I rode that bike for almost 8 years before selling it after moving to Montana.

Dave
Why Montana?

Samster
10-09-2007, 01:56 PM
I got mine because I hadn't ridden for 20+ years and wanted a bike that I could use to get back into riding. It was/is called a "Big Dig" and it was fixed gear frame in stock sizes hanging in a shop called International Bicycles in Boston back in 1999/2000ish. I started off the next morning with a 20 mile ride going up and down Charles River Park in a 50/15. Thankfully, CRP is pretty flat. I still just about died.

Acotts
10-09-2007, 02:10 PM
I had been searching for a steel frame for months. My serotta was sitting on display at the LBS and I knew from my last bike fitting that it would fit me perfectly. Despite my drool, it was too expensive. Then, I saw that the new Fierte had carbon seat stays, so I went to the store and put on my game face. Bought it for 1/2 price and built it up last weekend. Its an awesome ride. Even better then I thought it would be.

it was my first bike build and my first steel bike since my BMX days. It makes my carbon Tri Bike feel like plastic. I am an official convert.

This forum is a lot of fun too!

tab123
10-09-2007, 06:30 PM
After getting back into biking after a decade, I started with a hybrid and rode through a couple Chicago winters. I then decided on a road bike and found a Merlin at a steep discount (over half off). The dude at the bike shop said "of course it fits you." I deferred to him (dumb move) and experienced upper body agony for the six months I owned the bike. I then did a lot of reserach (including on this forum) and decided to go for a real fit. (By the way I sold the Merlin to a man who is 6'2"; I am 5'9".)

The local Serotta dealer is wonderful. Bike shops tend to treat women with no respect ("Oh, wouldn't you prefer to look at this comfort bike?"), but this shop was different. I bought a Legend Ti from them and have ordered a Concours for a winter bike.

David Kirk
10-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Why Montana?

It has the best climate for growing dental floss.

Dave

I Want Sachs?
10-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I read a press release from Serotta in August 9, 2005 that started with "Adieu CSi…" It said "CSi no longer represents the best of what Serotta has to offer for performance or value. The lug-style assembly, while beautiful to behold, is an archaic method of frame construction which has long since been replaced by the combination of newer tubing designs and a 15 year track record of experience with TIG welded frames."

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=5654

Dekonick
10-09-2007, 07:47 PM

Dave

Is that a cash crop?

DarrenCT
10-09-2007, 07:50 PM
why a serotta?

cuz i fell in love with the csi lugs :beer:

jeffg
10-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I was looking for a Ti bike in 2002 and after riding a bunch and wanting to like Sevens since my LBS sold those I called Serottan spoke to Kelly, drove an hour to ride a Hors and a Legend and ordered a Legend.

It has made almost every signficant ride I have done at least once and I am never going to sell it -- my Hampsten and Love#3 notwithstanding ...

guyintense
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM

Dave

And grow some bees
But leave the sweet stuff
for somebody else