PDA

View Full Version : eat your heart out Kevan, Frank, et al

Ken Robb
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I rode down around Mission Bay yesterday for ahi tacos at Sportsman's Seafood. They had no ahi!!! So they used yellowtail and it may have been even better. Or maybe it was the heffe weizen?

Dave B
09-28-2007, 10:08 AM
That reminds me.

I have a buddy who loves fish tacos...(man too many jokes pop into mind) but what is a good way to fix those? what is a tasty fish that goes with mexican spices?

Kevan
09-28-2007, 10:20 AM
I rode down around Mission Bay yesterday for ahi tacos at Sportsman's Seafood. They had no ahi!!! So they used yellowtail and it may have been even better. Or maybe it was the heffe weizen?

There just might be one more visit to SD come November/December.

Ken Robb
09-28-2007, 10:21 AM
anything firm: any tuna, shark if you are going to grill or pan fry/sear them. That's the healthiest way. Cod, tillapia if you are going to batter and fry it. That's the classic way but it does add some fat. The grilled ones we like so well have lettuce, guacamole and fresh salsa. The classic, as popularized in SoCal by Rubio's and others, has shredded cabbage and a white sour cream/vinegar sauce. Lots of folks then add red or green salsa too.

umm, I'm getting hungry and it's only breakfast time.

Kevan
09-28-2007, 10:32 AM
is key.

Ken Robb
09-28-2007, 10:49 AM
There just might be one more visit to SD come November/December.
AFAIK we will be around except for the first weekend when I'll probably be instructing at a school at Sears Point--oops-Infineon Raceway.
My good friend is stepping down as chief instructor for the Golden Gate Chapter of BMWCCA and I want to be there for the occasion. He was my last instructor before I became one myself over 20 years ago. He must have held the post for 25 years +/-. The job is a lot of work and responsibility. I could only take a few years in the job in San Diego. I still enjoy working with the students as an instructor because I just turn up and work without weeks of organizing.
I guess Uncle Kenny's advice to volunteers who are burning out would be to step back and see if there's another job in the organization that would make you happier. At first it may be hard to think of giving up the "prestigious head-cheese" position and return to a "lower" position but I like it fine.