PDA

View Full Version : OT#2: RC cars

Dave B
09-28-2007, 08:13 AM
I do a lab that lasts a week with RC (Radio Controlled) cars and students.

We look at velocity, friction (both outside on pavement and on carpet/tile) inertia...etc.

I have purchased loads of these cars to help the kids that do not have them or cannot afford to go out and get one. It is a great week and I must be honest, playing is one of my favorite ways of teaching and learning.

This year I would like to get an electric car (the fuels ones are sweet, but I can't run them inside) that has loads of speed. I do not know much about brands and what to look for outside of Toys R Us.

Every year I get a cool one and have a "fixed" raffle where I "randomly" pick a kid's name out of a bag and give him the cool one.

This year I have a student who is a fantastic kid, one that could really use a hand.

I am more then happy spending money on him as I bet he will win the raffle! :D

I need advice on what brand or model that would be waaay over the top. I want to get something that blows away what the other kids have.

I have a few weeks, but do any of you use these or race them who might be able to help a brother out. I know they can get expensive, and if I have to sell more stuff no problem. I need something very fast and very cool for him!