PDA

View Full Version : Breathable jacket with removable sleeves

Willy
09-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have a good one they can recomend? I have a new Canari that has removable sleeves but the material is like wearing plastic bags.

thanks

jimcav
09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
good luck
jim

bigman
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Very Versatile not to pricey - bought bit a bit big and use as an outer shell.

quattro
09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
I have a Gore Windstopper jacket/jersey with zip off sleeves, it's my favorite piece of cycling clothing. Check out Gore cycling clothing on line, nice stuff!

sc53
09-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Whatever you do DON'T buy the Pearl Izumi one with "zip-off" sleeves. They do NOT zip off, you have to rip them off, and they will never go on the jacket again. I now have a PI vest which is OK but I paid for a jacket... :confused:

jimcav
09-28-2007, 03:01 PM
it hangs unused in the closet--it is much hotter than the campy stuff i like.
i grab it on super foggy days as it is that neon yellow color, otherwise i don't wear it.
i have descente element jacket (sleeves do not come off, but the entire length of the arm is vented) and it is water proof compared to windstopper and it is not any hotter than windstopper gore.

jim

Ray
09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Whatever you do DON'T buy the Pearl Izumi one with "zip-off" sleeves. They do NOT zip off, you have to rip them off, and they will never go on the jacket again. I now have a PI vest which is OK but I paid for a jacket... :confused:
I haven't had that experience. I'm on my second PI (I think the zip off model is called the Vagabond?). The first lasted about 8 years of very heavy use. The sleeves went on and came off many many times during that period. The front zipper finally bit the dust. I could have probably gotten it repaired, but I wanted a new one. The newer one is built even better, with nicer, slightly heavier fabric. No jacket like this is all that breathable, but these are pretty good. And, of course, it's highly breathable with the arms off!

I even got good enough to be able remove the sleeves while riding, but that requires a bit of a straight jacket move with both arms twisted around behind you riding, obviously, no-handed. I don't try that move anymore.

-Ray