PDA

View Full Version : Boy has Boston gotten pro-bike in a hurry !!

Bruce K
09-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Last Sunday - Hub on Wheels

Today - an article in The Boston Globe on Chris Iglehart and his framebuilding operation. There is even a quote from oldschool !! :banana:

While they mentioned several frame builders in the area, I was surprised there was no mention of Zanconato or ANT as they are sort of in the same category as Iglehart rather than the 3 larger manufacturers they mentioned.

I guess getting mayor Menino on a bike is going to have even more positive impact than we thought! :D

BK

davids
09-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey, it's cross season...

http://culturekitchen.com/files/images/crossed_fingers_0.thumbnail.jpg

Bruce K
09-27-2007, 09:16 AM
How did you find that picture of me before I try to race cross?

BK

Fixed
09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
man bro your mayor rides i bet that is a group thet doesn't get messed with
cheers imho

paczki
09-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Chris I. said that Kerry was a VERY aggressive pedaler.

old_school
09-27-2007, 11:13 AM
It has always astonished me that an area so rich in bicycle building tradition could be so poorly represented wrt advocacy. Hopefully things are beginning to turn the corner.

Chris Igleheart/Iglebike is a an all around great guy and a fine frame builder whose roots trace back to the early days of Fat City. It is nice to see him get a little well deserved publicity. Hopefully the Globe will continue in their efforts.

J.Greene
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
man bro your mayor rides i bet that is a group thet doesn't get messed with
cheers imho

The Orlando Mayor bikes to work one day per year. It's funny to see his FAT ARSE straining that bike for 3 miles.

JG

paczki
09-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Menino is looking a lot slimmer since he started training for the ride. It's doing him some good, clearly, and his enthusiasm seems honest.

davids
09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
It has always astonished me that an area so rich in bicycle building tradition could be so poorly represented wrt advocacy. Hopefully things are beginning to turn the corner.

Chris Igleheart/Iglebike is a an all around great guy and a fine frame builder whose roots trace back to the early days of Fat City. It is nice to see him get a little well deserved publicity. Hopefully the Globe will continue in their efforts.
I ride with a good number of Globe writers and editorial staff. It's always struck me as strange that they don't play a more active advocacy role. I'm guessing they're feeling a little beaten down these days...

davids
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Menino is looking a lot slimmer since he started training for the ride. It's doing him some good, clearly, and his enthusiasm seems honest.
It's real. My boss was meeting with him when his bike was delivered - The Globe's story (http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/08/25/menino_puts_new_spin_on_getting_around_the_hub/) was pretty accurate!

I just hope he sticks with it. Does anyone know how much of the HoW ride he completed? He just started riding two months ago, a few miles at a time.

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/08/24/1188009947_2026/410w.jpg

roman meal
09-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Chris I. said that Kerry was a VERY aggressive pedaler.

atmo, out own stevep beat him like a red-headed stepchild on Bellview hill.

Not even close, like a Ohio recount. He said that as he breezed by, he noticed Kerry's jersey pockets were full of waffles and flip-flops.