PDA

View Full Version : Fierte IT review please

kgreene10
09-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi all: I am seriously tempted by the "blowout" on the 2007 Fierte IT; however, I can't find any reviews on-line. That would make it seem to be a less popular Serotta option -- perhaps because most customers willing to pay that much go custom. But then again, it's now on "blowout" sale. So, any reviews? How would you compare it to the Fierte Ti and the Legend Ti (both of which I have ridden). Thanks.

-Ken

Cinci Jim
09-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I have an Fierte IT built up with Ultegra & SL3 wheels and also a Fierte Ti with the carbon Seatstays, Durace & ES wheels.

Both are very nice rides. I find the IT is stiffer and more snapy than the Ti. I tend to ride the IT for rides less than 50 or 60 miles and the Ti for rides more than 60 miles or if I'm doing a multi-day sort of ride. I like the IT, I just find if I ride it for long rides back to back I feel more sore/beat up.

I think the IT has more snap on acceleration and the power feels right there were as the Ti needs to spin up a little.

I do have to say the IT has an F3 fork but the Ti has a Ouzo Pro fork.

All this said, I think the difference is very small. I have wondered about it as the Fierte tends to be more of an upright ride position but has a snappy, race/crit feel to it. seems a little weird, but I do like it.

Not sure if this helped at all, :rolleyes: