PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Bivalve Pictures

znfdl
09-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Tour de Bivalve Pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9695336@N06/sets/72157602148936919/

jmewkill
09-24-2007, 07:11 PM
My sister in law lives 4 miles or so from there. Everytime we visit up there I make a visit for Woodmans no matter what the weather.

Looks like a great eating and riding day.

BumbleBeeDave
09-24-2007, 09:21 PM
. . . are you guys doing?!?! You BROKE the bridge!

You're gonna have to pay for that, you know. I shoulda known something like this would happen if Bruce K was along . . . ;)

BBD

39cross
09-25-2007, 06:31 AM
. . . are you guys doing?!?! You BROKE the bridge!This was a special event staged for znfdl's reenactment of the famous evel kneivel bridge jump. We forgot to get his camera before he rocketed across on his Spectrum.

Kevan
09-25-2007, 06:47 AM
List the guys by jersey, please. In no particular order: Serotta-, Hammer Gel-, Green - , and blue - . Thanks

Hey, I've seen that Clam Box building on TV.

old_school
09-25-2007, 07:14 AM
List the guys by jersey, please. In no particular order: Serotta-, Hammer Gel-, Green - , and blue - . Thanks

That's Serotta BruceK, Hammer Gel Znfdl, Curious George Green Hardlyrob, and Spectrum Blue 39cross.

And that is the infamous Cut Bridge in its all to often up position. I lived on the other side of that (just across from the Man At The Wheel) for a couple of years. I can't tell you how many times I have cursed that thing!

Once again, it was great to finally meet the men behind those screen names. Cross hits Gloucester next month: hopefully I will have an opportunity to get to know a few more of you.

Mark

Frank Draper
09-25-2007, 07:59 AM
ZNFDL,

I currently live in the Williamsburg area (James City Co.)and have lived on the Peninsula for the past 40+ years. Have made many trips to the other side of the York River but have never been to the Clam Box. Where is it located? Looks like a great ride. Do you allow outsiders to join?

Oh, and I'm sure you are familiar with that bridge's twin. The one that swings the other way and also locks in position. The York River Bridge.

Thanks for the pics.
FrankD.

Hardlyrob
09-25-2007, 08:11 AM
I think you would need to go a little farther north than the York river. The Clam Box is in Ipswich Mass. Znfdl was on a northern cycling jaunt in MA for a few days, and was smart enough to remember to bring a camera on our ride.

Cheers!

Rob

Frank Draper
09-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Rob,

When I saw Gloucester and then under Znfdl's profile, Vienna, Va., I thought Gloucester, VA. Look's like you guys had fun.

FrankD.