PDA

View Full Version : Concours?

tch
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Umm..... I seem to have seen this question before, but now I can't find the answer searching the archive:
Is the Concours no more? How about the Le Corsa? Is Legend the only ti road bike for 2008? I love my Concours and, with its cusomization of geormetry and tubing, thought it was head and shoulders over other people's ti offerings. Answers?

Ahneida Ride
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Legend now comes in two flavors ...

Legend SE (orginal Legend) :D
Legend GS (orginal Concours) :banana:

gt6267a
09-24-2007, 01:13 PM
well ... is that really the case? the concours was custom ti. the legend gs is stock. while the price of the gs is lower than the se ... where is the lower priced ti frame? seems like it went away?

davids
09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
The song (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=392745&postcount=16) remains the same.

MarleyMon
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM
... the legend gs is stock...
i'm not sure about this. [see S_J response below]

Serotta_James
09-24-2007, 02:43 PM
The Chart that DavidS did is quite good and very accurate. For the custom models we've shrunk the number of model names we have, essentially we have one model designation to denote each material category:

MeiVicis are custom Carbon.
Ottrotts are custom Mixed Material.
Legends are Custom Ti.
Coeur d'Aciers are custom Steel.

In each of those we have two Trim Levels: SE and GS. SE are the best bike frames we can build without any consideration of cost. GS are the models that use the same essential technology and construction but for which we have developed methods for simplifying the materials sets or reducing the time required to build them, hence lowering the overall cost. Attack, Nove and Concours arent gone, per se, they're just called MeiVici GS, Ottrott GS, and Legend GS, with some changes over previous years, of course.
The La Corsa level bike didn't make the cut. Seems most folks were going up to the Concours level bike anyway.

As for stock bikes: HSG and Fierte continue on.

HSG road stock race bikes come in two flavors: Carbon and Mixed Material (IT). They're built with slightly longer, lower front ends and tighter rear triangles, as well as the stiffest tubesets we can put in them. They have new tubes this year, thanks to our California facility, and the HSG Carbon now comes in a non-sloping top tube and clear carbon finish - more traditional looking, I suppose.
Cross bikes come in steel and Ti - nothing new there.

Fiertes now come in Steel and Mixed Material (IT). Geometry remains what it has been all along - why mess with a winning formula?

Thats the best way I know how to sum it up for you. I know this will probably raise more questions than it creates answers. Feel free to ask.

James