PDA

View Full Version : A really good neighbor

Too Tall
09-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Rmember these? : Serotta T-Max mountain bike dayglow pink/orange/yellow fade Columbus Stee.

Yup, THAT bike. Classic goodness from Serotta days gone bye. Here is the short story...I am driving around the hood doing some test runs on my new old car and spot some cat riding this classic piece of Serotta history. IT'S my freakin' neighbor!!!! We stop and chat. Apparently he just purchased it off Craig's list for $150. Oh Mah GAWD. Everything is orig. and working. The bike is beat up a bit but nothing really serious. Lucky guy and I know he will use it alot, the guy is a hammer.

Just wanted to relate. Now I have to get the guy onto the forum and his life is over ;)

Here is a pic. of the bike...not the actual bike but this is the paint scheme and correct yr.

Kevin
09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Is Bob Marley your neighbor?

Kevin

gdw
09-20-2007, 06:43 PM
I missed out on one just like that at a yard sale a couple years ago. It was in beautiful condition and had a complete 1st generation XTR group. Someone bought it while I was on my way back from the ATM. Nicest $200. bike I ever saw. :confused:

Big Dan
09-20-2007, 06:58 PM
The guy needs to put Campy on that rig. It's going to make it be faster....

:bike:

Too Tall
09-21-2007, 05:47 AM
The guy needs to put Campy on that rig. It's going to make it be faster....

:bike:
Funny you should say that. Kicking around in my parts bins I've got most of a campy mtn. gruppo ;) Hmmmm. It is a pretty cool bike and yeah agree that paint job...yikes :cool: However, shaped steel tubes and super nice deisgn work for that $$???? Lucky guy. Ultimate beater bike.

Kevan
09-21-2007, 07:35 AM
with that thing glowing next door.

Sandy
09-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Funny that you say that. I can't sleep as I worry about you moving next door.

Gloria, get the land mines ready, please, I think he just moved in...... :rolleyes:

Bang Boom Sandy