PDA

View Full Version : O.K. Now OLN Has Me Annoyed

Bill Bove
07-11-2004, 04:19 PM
After sucking me in with 'round the clock coverage OLN is holding back. The schedule called for regular repeats all day today but now I find that it doesn't go on untill 9:00 EST and it seems like it's going to remain like for the rest of the tour. What, did they get mad at all the complaints about The Cutters? So drop them. But punishing all of us by holding back three daily airings of the days stage is just plain wrong! This is America, damn it! I have a right to see the freakin damn tour when I am awake damn it!! Now I have stay up late. Did we not just invade another country? Who the hell does OLN think they are? Who's with me? OLN is in Conn. Let's all meet at e-ritchie's house and storm the studio. They thought the cutters were good TV, wait till they see me, BruceK, Climb and BumbleBeeDave in front of the camera. I WANT MY TOUR!!!!!

geezohwiz
07-11-2004, 04:54 PM
I think it has something to do with CBS now being involved in the coverage. They had the 1 hour weekly recap show on today, covering all the stuff that we've already seen on OLN. My guess is that as the Tour gets further along, they have an agreement to restrict coverage by other outlets. Sucks, but that's the way it goes.

csb
07-11-2004, 05:01 PM
do NOT confuse me _ csb _ with CBS

thankyou

Climb01742
07-11-2004, 05:06 PM
bill, i'm 100% with you. the pre-race show at 7:30, race frpm 8-10:30 pm was perfect...i could O.D. on the tour and STILL be in bed by 10:30 for my much needed beauty sleep. why move the coverage back? :no:

e-RICHIE
07-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Bove-issimo suggested (snipped for clarity):

"Let's all meet at e-ritchie's house..."

it's r-i-c-h-i-e.
the "t" is silent.
e-RICHIE

ps

T T T
T T T
T T T

arrange disorder

Climb01742
07-11-2004, 05:20 PM
oh no...a silent "t"...e-richie must be french! :rolleyes:

Dekonick
07-11-2004, 06:00 PM
French? Is that why it takes so long to pop out bikes? :rolleyes:

BumbleBeeDave
07-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Let’s be nice. e-richie can do some pretty ugly things with that welding torch if you get him riled! ;)

BBDave

Needs Help
07-11-2004, 06:35 PM
...oh, I don't know. The Bob Roll commercials make up for a lot of misteps OLN has made.

Bill Bove
07-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Sorry e-issimo, but really, you now have "plausable deniabity" when Ashcroft's storm troopers try to stop us from taking over the airwaves.

Our Manifesto

1. Bike racing all day, all night. No more bull riding.

2. Bob Roll is told to stop holding back. Rock on Bobke!

3.Kirsten Gum's wardrobe is provided by Victoria's Secret.

BumbleBeeDave
07-11-2004, 06:52 PM
You’ve kind of lost me here . . . Do you mean the pre-race show now comes on at 8:30 and the race coverage at 9 and it’s STILL 2.5 hours of racing . . .

OR

. . . do you mean that there is only 1.5 hours of racing, now coming on at 9 and no pre-race show? . . .

If I’m gonna successfully mooch Tour coverage off my cycling buddies with Cable, I need to know exactly the right time to ring the doorbell to borrow that cup of chain lube! ;)

BBDave

Len J
07-11-2004, 07:12 PM
You’ve kind of lost me here . . . Do you mean the pre-race show now comes on at 8:30 and the race coverage at 9 and it’s STILL 2.5 hours of racing . . .

OR

. . . do you mean that there is only 1.5 hours of racing, now coming on at 9 and no pre-race show? . . .

If I’m gonna successfully mooch Tour coverage off my cycling buddies with Cable, I need to know exactly the right time to ring the doorbell to borrow that cup of chain lube! ;)

BBDave

It looks like 9 to 11:30 PM beginning tonight. See the attached.

http://ww2.olntv.com/default.asp

Len

Bruce H.
07-11-2004, 07:18 PM
It says "New Primetime Coverage begins 7/11.
I interpret this to mean only the Primetime Coverage times will change. This should have no effect on regular daily daytime schedules!
Bruce H.

slowgoing
07-11-2004, 07:28 PM
You think it's bad now, wait till the Tour is on Discovery Channel next year. Not only won't it be reaired as often, but between airings you can watch episodes from Shark Week.