PDA

View Full Version : bicycle rentals in San Diego

hypnos
07-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Will be in San Diego with family on Wed-Thur-Friday. Would be interested in sneeking out for a ride. Can anyone recommend a place for bicycle rentals?

Thanks,
Jeff

EdK
07-11-2004, 11:39 PM
In North County (Encinitas) try www.Nytro.com they have canondale road rentals. In East County try Hi-tech bikes (Serotta dealer)

Diegodonn
07-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Also in North County, (Solana Beach), Bike 101 rents bikes. They are the Serotta dealer I bought my Legend from, and I couldn't be happier with their service. Ask for Dan, he will take good care of you. You can drop my name, I've spent a lot of coin there and they always take good care of my referals. I did speak to them today, they said they have been selling off their rental fleet because the bikes were getting old. However, Tony said that they have a Serotta that they would rent to you, even though it's not part of thier rental fleet. Not sure what model, he said it was a size 55. That may or may not work for you. They also rent Treks. Give them a call. 858-793-5431
Donn Austin

Kevan
07-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Pennyfarthing's Bicycle Store 619/233-7696

Plenty of used stock which might be reasonably priced for renting.

Ken Robb
07-12-2004, 12:45 PM
we might find a loaner in my garage--what size do you need?

molly22
07-12-2004, 06:47 PM
i was very happy with bike 101 in solana beach. in fact, they went out of their way for me, long story (i'm 5'2'' so not a lot of bikes available, they took a brand new one off the floor)..., very happy resolution. in fact, they were so nice i couldn't believe it (i live in nj). i even bought their bike shirt (which doesn't fit) but they were so nice i wanted to support them.