PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Insoles to replace my old Sidis?

Louis
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
It looks like it's time to change out the insoles in my Sidi Genius shoes. The shoes themselves fit quite well, so I wouldn't want the new insoles to be much thicker than the relatively thin stuff that originally came with the shoes.

Have you used anything that you would recommend over the basic version that Sidi includes? (Which I assume are available, if I choose to not go with a different version.)

Background: Luckily I have no foot / shoe fit issues of any type, so I don't have to try increase arch support, eliminate "hot foot" or anything like that.

TIA
Louis

bluto
09-18-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.paragonsports.com/Paragon/images/medium/666-sk8grey_pd.jpg

Superfeet...the grey ones...

Steelhead
09-18-2007, 10:17 PM
http://www.paragonsports.com/Paragon/images/medium/666-sk8grey_pd.jpg

Superfeet...the grey ones...

Yep, or the blue ones.

Avispa
09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
It looks like it's time to change out the insoles in my Sidi Genius shoes....

L,

What size Sidi do you use? I normally throw away the insoles that come with my shoes, but if you need them, I will send them to ya! I use custom insoles.

I wear 44.

A!

Louis
09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
A,

Thanks for the offer, but just for kicks I think I'll spend the $ and try something different. (Although the cheapskate in me says that $30 is a lot of money to solve a problem that does not exist.) Hopefully they'll be better than the Sidi cardboard.

I'm sure that's the reason I'm slow - bad insoles :D

L

tbushnel
09-18-2007, 11:07 PM
I have some black size 8-9 superfeet inserts that are gathering dust if you are interested. I have some 10-11 green ones too, but I don't think those are made for cycling shoes.
ted

coylifut
09-18-2007, 11:27 PM
i'm using the specialized red ones in my sidis. quite nice

dave thompson
09-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Louis: I have some old and well-used SIDI insoles that I've had to remove from my shoes because the curling of them was starting to cause pain in my toes. To you they would be absolutely free for I know that you are a cheapskate S.O.B. and can't turn away anything that's free. The other upside is that they will create problems for your feet and you can rest well knowing that you will have to spend $30 to cure a problem.

Let me know:D