PDA

View Full Version : Fuhgetaboutit Ride, Sunday, November 4

keno
09-17-2007, 07:29 AM
New Jersey ride leaving from chez keno, 15 Palatine Road, 07830, 10:00 am.

A few weeks back, I received an email from jbrainin (Jonathan), another NJ resident, suggesting a NJ forum folks ride this fall. I bit.

Distance - 45, or so, miles
Climbing - 1,900 feet, nothing very steep
Speed - 16.5 mph avg, or so; 21+ on the flats and pacelines for them who wants
Cue sheet - in my head, and it's easy to get lost here
Premiums - under consideration
Stops during ride - none, other than to regroup, which are really pauses
Socializing - "punch and cookies" at chez keno post ride

If weather looks rotten or we have a muddy field here at the chez, which will be the parking area, cancellation is a possibility. Assume nothing when dealing with me.

keno

PaulE
09-17-2007, 10:25 AM
and I hope to make it. That is the day we go off daylight savings time this year. Would that make you consider a 9:00 AM start or is that already factored in?

It would also be my pleasure to bring something for the punch and cookies after party.

flydhest
09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
having lived 5 years of my life in Jersey and holding the opinion that keno's wife is a cutie, I can see no way to resist this garden state get-together.

May I suggest that, for the cue sheet, we use a Sharpie (t) and transfer it from "in" your head to "on" your head?

By "punch," I hope you mean Scotch and by "cookies" I hope you mean . . . Scotch.

Kevan
09-17-2007, 12:41 PM
'cept I haven't yet cleared this idea with "she who must be obeyed". But she usually likes me out of her hair.

Keno, I'd like to come, just have to check the calendar and home front first.

Pete Serotta
09-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Sounds Likr A Good Time....will There Be Red????

PaulE
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
From Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Zinfindel, Cabernet Franc, Sangiovese, Shiraz?

Pete Serotta
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I am on my way....

From Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Zinfindel, Cabernet Franc, Sangiovese, Shiraz?

PaulE
09-17-2007, 02:02 PM
New Jersey ride leaving from chez keno, 15 Palatine Road, 07830, 10:00 am.

A few weeks back, I received an email from jbrainin (Jonathan), another NJ resident, suggesting a NJ forum folks ride this fall. I bit.

Distance - 45, or so, miles
Climbing - 1,900 feet, nothing very steep
Speed - 16.5 mph avg, or so; 21+ on the flats and pacelines for them who wants
Cue sheet - in my head, and it's easy to get lost here

Can we go over Schooley's Mountain Road into Long Valley? I was a wee lad of 13 when I rode that on my Raleigh 3 speed English Racer on a two day ride from Port Jervis, NY to Point Pleasant Beach NJ the one and only time I ever did that. It would be fun to see if that hill is as big as I remember it. If I saw it today I'm sure it would either be no big deal or I was pretty young and foolish - as were my mom and the parents of the three other kids that went on that adventure. My guess is Schooley's Mountain would not use up the whole alotted 1900 feet of climbing just a big chunk of it. Maybe that road isn't safe to cycle on 37 years later? (If it ever was?)

Pete Serotta
09-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Paul, I am sure Keno will have some "nasty" climbs for us....Maybe Mr. Zeller can come????? Ride down with him and it is probably a 30 min drive - unless he is called to the side for an autodraph :cool:

Can we go over Schooley's Mountain Road into Long Valley? I was a wee lad of 13 when I rode that on my Raleigh 3 speed English Racer on a two day ride from Port Jervis, NY to Point Pleasant Beach NJ the one and only time I ever did that. It would be fun to see if that hill is as big as I remember it. If I saw it today I'm sure it would either be no big deal or I was pretty young and foolish - as were my mom and the parents of the three other kids that went on that adventure. My guess is Schooley's Mountain would not use up the whole alotted 1900 feet of climbing just a big chunk of it. Maybe that road isn't safe to cycle on 37 years later? (If it ever was?)