PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to wear a helmet

BikerGrl
07-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Pray for this man who was hit. Can you believe that the person is out on bail who hit him! As a person who has been hit and been lucky to live through it, let's all write our legislators today and request additional penalties for drivers who hit cyclists.
Be careful out there.
http://www.tylerpaper.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12272688&BRD=1994&PAG=461&dept_id=226369&rfi=6

Bill Bove
07-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Not much you can say, this sort of thing happens much, much to often. MADD has done so much to bring awareness to drunk driving since their inception, we need to organize such a group, BADD, Bicyclists,Against,Dumb,Drivers.

So, BikerGrl, do you come to this forum often? What's your Sign? What kind of bike do you ride? Wanna go over to this nice litttle, out of the way forum that I know? Wanna meet my friend BumbleBeeDave?

BumbleBeeDave
07-10-2004, 07:49 PM
We have few enough women on this forum--don’t scare her off!

That is, of course, if she really IS a woman and not another of Dr. Doofus’ alternate personalities. How many’s he up to now? Three? Or is it four? . . . :confused: Doc, is that you?

BBDave

Andreu
07-11-2004, 06:29 AM
.....sucks so much. Sick.
We don't seem to be progressing (in western democracies) on this front. The driving here in Europe just gets worse and there are more cars, elevating the whole f****n' problem.
I hate cars.
A

Len J
07-11-2004, 07:24 AM
.....sucks so much. Sick.
We don't seem to be progressing (in western democracies) on this front. The driving here in Europe just gets worse and there are more cars, elevating the whole f****n' problem.
I hate cars.
A

he was clearly impaired by drugs or alchohol.

Let's not let our "bias" against bad drivers ignore the real problem here.

Len

TmcDet
07-11-2004, 08:06 AM
the route that these cyclist were on is a common route for cyclist in this area, There are group rides that travel this area atleast once a week. From what I heard the guy driving the car wasn't even aware that he had hit him, and he wrecked again just done the road. I would say he was pretty messed up to wreck again just down the road. Perhaps it is a blessing that he didn't hit the whole group of riders. One can only hope that something can be done to make drivers more aware of cyclist.

Andreu
07-11-2004, 12:56 PM
he was clearly impaired by drugs or alchohol.

Let's not let our "bias" against bad drivers ignore the real problem here.

Len
Alcohol and drugs don't help but he was driving a car and bad drivers are a problem and the people who make laws for the road users are a problem, and we keep consuming oil because....I could go on but I need to go for a lie down. I am biased against bad drivers.
A

BumbleBeeDave
07-11-2004, 06:29 PM
. . . mentions that it takes three to six MONTHS for results of toxicology tests?!?!?!?! :eek:

That HAS to be wrong. Times here are on the order of several WEEKS.

At least they arrested the guy. The 18-year-old here that killed David Ryan week before last has not even been ARRESTED yet. State police are still completing investigation to see what the highest sustainable charge is. Word from our reporter covering the case is that they are gonna throw the biggest book they can sustain at him and make him an example. Arrest is expected this coming week. Meanwhile, the kid is getting lawyered up with the best his parents can buy.

I will post the story when it breaks.

BBDave