PDA

View Full Version : Watch out dbrk!

jeffg
07-09-2004, 12:48 PM
My family is headed to the Finger lakes for vacation from July 27-August 1, and I will be taking a bike along to sample some of that great riding. Any interest in riding together at least once? I, like you, normally ride alone, but a chance to meet up in your neck of the woods seems too good to pass up. Let me know ... :banana: :banana:

dbrk
07-09-2004, 05:44 PM
jeffg,
I would surely love to ride with you during your visit and be happy to show you a few sights...We will be in the midst of a yoga retreat at our house which means that I don't get out on the road till after the great ones leave for the day, about 4:30pm. Given the north country's long summer light this would still give us plenty of time, but unfortunately I'm stuck with that schedule.

I'll send you along my phone number in a PM.

The Finger Lakes are particularly beautiful this year: very, very lush (it's been wet) and the "June drop" has brought us fields of does and fawns who are enjoying the greenery. I did 3.5 hours today with a local guy who was a complete hammerhead---he attacked every last hill and half-wheeled me on the flats. Yikes. It was darn fast for an old guy. But fun it was too!

A warm invitation to all Serottapal for the Tour of the Finger Lakes on Labor Day weekend!! Please do come!! Riding! Curry! Bikes! Fun! [Your Exclamation Here!]

dbrk

Sandy
07-10-2004, 05:48 AM
Heck with the riding. I want your bow wow!!!!

Bow Wow Sandy

Ken Robb
07-12-2004, 06:00 PM
what is "half-wheeled"?

vaxn8r
07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
You've probably been "half wheeled" and didn't even know it.

It refers to when you're riding with someone that no matter the terrain, hill or flat, they ride beside you, like they are "jus talkin" but with a hidden agenda of every time you speed up a little, they speed up a little more, you climb harder, they climb just a tad faster. All to let you know who's really boss on the ride. It's all about mind games and a false sense of unstated superiority.

I find it humorous. Usually it's the same types who continually have an excuse as to why they're "doggin' it" on any given day. I'm usually above it but sometimes I have to put the hammer down on some of these guys if they get too annoying...you know...jus to show em a thing or two. ;) ;)