PDA

View Full Version : Stage 5 Photos!

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:41 PM
for Gosh Sakes, Weisan . . . a guy's gotta sleep occasionally! :rolleyes:

Stuart O'Grady of Australia reacts as he crosses the finish to win the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. O'Grady won after a five-man 184-kilometer (114.35-mile) breakaway. Thomas Voeckler of France takes the overall lead of the race. (AP Photo/Laurent Rebours)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Sandy Casar of France, right, Stuart O'Grady of Australia, left, Thomas Voeckler of France, center, Magnus Backstedt of Sweden, behind at left, and Jakob Piil of Denmark ride during their five-man breakaway in the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. O'Grady won the stage, with Voeckler taking the overall lead. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:43 PM
New overall leader Thomas Voeckler of France, wearing the yellow jersey, reacts on the podium after the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Stuart O'Grady of Australia won the stage after a five-man 184-kilometer (114.35-mile) breakaway in which Voeckler was involved. (AP Photo/Laurent Rebours)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Stuart O'Grady of Australia reacts as he crosses the finish ahead of Jakob Piil of Denmark, right, and Sandy Casar of France, behind, to win the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. O'Grady won after a five-man, 184-kilometer (114.35-mile) breakaway. Thomas Voeckler of France takes the overall lead of the race. (AP Photo/Laurent Rebours)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Director of Team CSC Bjarne Riis of Denmark, left, and Tour de France chief doctor Gerard Porte, right, tend to Team CSC rider Carlos Sastre of Spain after Sastre fell in Amiens in the early kilometers of the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Rolf Aldag of Team T-Mobile, who also fell, is seen behind. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Director of Team CSC Bjarne Riis of Denmark, left, and Tour de France chief doctor Gerard Porte tend to Team CSC rider Carlos Sastre of Spain after Sastre fell in Amiens in the early kilometers of the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Rolf Aldag of Team T-Mobile, who also fell, is partly seen behind. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:46 PM
An elderly woman holds an umbrella while waving as the pack passes outside Maintenon, 20 kilometers (13 miles) from the finish during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Stuart O'Grady of Australia won the stage, Thomas Voeckler of France takes over the overall leader's yellow jersey. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Christophe Moreau of France is pushed as he catches up with the race after a mechanical problem during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Stuart O'Grady of Australia won the stage after a five-man 184-kilometer (114.35-mile) breakaway. Thomas Voeckler of France took the overall lead on Thursday. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Lance Armstrong, of Austin, Texas, pedals in the rain during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Stuart O'Grady of Australia won the stage after a five-man breakaway. Thomas Voeckler of France took the overall lead on Thursday. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

BarryG
07-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks BBD - great photos!

That is one mean looking cloud in the Moreau photo.

Tom
07-09-2004, 12:52 PM
I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am. I can't see myself, in competition, giving anything to my foe even though in this case I'd know nothing matters and I'm going to get whomped anyway.

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:57 PM
US Postal Service team leader Lance Armstrong, of Austin, Texas, right, crosses the finish in 24th position during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Stuart O'Grady of Australia won the stage, Thomas Voeckler of France took the yellow jersey from Armstrong. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:58 PM
The US Postal Service team, with Lance Armstrong, of Austin, Texas, rear left, in yellow jersey, pedals ahead of the pack as they chase a five-man breakaway during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Stuart O'Grady of Australia won the stage after a five-man breakaway. Thomas Voeckler of France took the overall lead on Thursday. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 12:59 PM
"Why, yes, Robbie, go ahead and fill my mouth with your fist. I'll bite it off, then beat you to death with the bloody stump, you Aussie punk!"

Overall leader Lance Armstrong, of Austin, Texas, left, wearing the yellow jersey, gestures as he talks with Robbie McEwen of Australia, right, wearing the best sprinter's green jersey, as riders take the start of the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Lance Armstrong, of Austin, Texas, right, and Jan Ullrich of Germany, 1st left, pedals in heavy rain as the pack rides during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. Stuart O'Grady of Australia won the stage after a five-man breakaway. Thomas Voeckler of France took the overall lead on Thursday. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 01:03 PM
The breakaway group with cyclists Magnus Backstedt of Sweden, left, Stuart O'Grady of Australia, second left, Sandy Casar of France, third from left front, Jakob Piil of Denmark, third from left rear, and Thomas Voeckler of France, pedal during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. O'Grady won the stage, Voeckler takes over the overall leader's yellow jersey. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

Dekonick
07-09-2004, 01:04 PM
nice job BBD

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Overall leader Lance Armstrong, of Austin, Texas, foreground at right, pedals with riders of the pack past the Amiens cathedral during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
A cow looks at the pack riding past, south of Amiens, during the 5th stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Amiens, northern France, and Chartres, west of Paris, Thursday, July 8, 2004. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

William
07-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks Dave!

You are THE...

Too Tall
07-09-2004, 01:14 PM
BBdave, you redefine COOL. Keep up the good work, this is super and next time in town all the fermented pollen lager you can drink is on the house. Well done laddie.

Dang, that Postal train looks fearsome.

rnhood
07-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Really excellent pictures. Where do you find all these? I can't wait for the mountain stage pic's.

weisan
07-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Dearest BumbleBee,

Nothing can better express my love for you than this very picture.

http://www.kingcards.com/images/friends/beekiss_bf16.gif

weisan :D

William
07-09-2004, 01:30 PM
BTW, is Christophe Moreau the 6' 4" rider who has been the tallest person riding the tour for the last number of years? In the photo where he is being pushed, that head tube looks pretty tall compared to most of the other bikes out there. Seems like I've heard his name used in that context before.

William

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2004, 01:40 PM
. . . are from the Associated Press wire we get here at the newspaper I work at. The AP produces huge volumes of fine work that rarely gets seen because newspaper editors usually go for the "money shots", i.e., the one shot that tells the story. In this case, it's Lance, Lance, Lance.

The desk supervisor at AP said as long as I just post these in low-res versions for screen viewing that there should be no copyright problems.

BBDave

weisan
07-09-2004, 01:42 PM
I found this stats on the french rider in the OLN site.

CREDIT AGRICOLE
51 - MOREAU Christophe (France)
Born in 12/04/1971
Height : 1.86 m
Weight : 71.0 kg

CURRENT OVERALL STANDING 108 (Stage 6)

Stage P 1 2 3 4 5 6
Class. 8 103 106 114 78 96 84
8 7 8 94 107 109 108
8 30 42 56 56 62 69
- - - - - - -

Previous years

Début Pro:
1995 - FESTINA
UCI:
Saison 2004:
Trophée des Grimpeurs - 1er
Tour du Languedoc-Roussillon - 1er
Palmares (victoires):
Dauphiné Libéré - 2001
Critérium international - 1998
Quatre Jours de Dunkerque - 2003
Trophée des Grimpeurs - 2004
Tour du Languedoc-Roussillon - 2004

weisan
07-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Someone posted this here: http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12839

Rider stats
After the medical examinations were carried out over the past two days, the Tour organisers issued the physiological statistics of all 188 riders. The maxima, minima and means are as follows:

Lowest resting heart rate: Santiago Perez (Phonak) - 31 bpm
Largest respiratory capacity: Mikel Astarloza (Ag2r) - 7.98 litres
Lightest rider: Alexandre Botcharov (Credit Agricole) - 54.5 kg
Heaviest rider: Magnus Backstedt (Alessio-Bianchi) - 98 kg
Shortest rider: Samuel Dumoulin (Ag2r) - 1.58 m
Tallest rider: Guillaume Auger (RAGT) - 1.96 m
Youngest rider: Filippo Pozzato (Fassa Bortolo) - 22 years
Oldest rider: Viatcheslav Ekimov (US Postal Service) - 38 years
Average height: 1.79 m
Average weight: 69.9 kg
Average respiratory capacity: 5.74 litres
Average blood pressure: 122/69 mm Hg
Average resting heart rate: 51 bpm

BarryG
07-09-2004, 01:54 PM
I nominate Tyler to be added to this list for "lowest body fat"

William
07-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Let's see, 1.86 Meters equals 6.1+ Feet. Doesn't make it, but that should make him taller then your a-a-a-average tour bear.

The current tallest rider, Guillaume Auger. At 1.96 Meters, equals about 6.4+ Feet.

The rider I'm thinking of is right on the tip of my tongue....arrghh! Now I'm going to have to pull out the tapes later.

William

(PS: I'm not a mathmatician and refuse to pretend to be one. Calculations are possibly suspect. Believe them at your peril.) :) :confused: :no: