PDA

View Full Version : Looking for particular Tyler H photo

BdaGhisallo
07-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi guys,

I am casting about for the picture from last year's Tour where Tyler Hamilton is sitting down after a stage with his jersey open. It's the one where you can see how really emaciated his upper body is, almost concentration camp looking.

I have tried cyclingnews and picturesport.com and can't locate it.

Anyone recall where it might be?

Many thanks

weisan
07-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Not sure if this is the one but should bring up the "hunger effect" quite nicely :D

Give thanks to Google. Just type in "tyler hamilton" under Images. You'll see it coming up among the many pictures...

http://www.roadcycling.com/artman/uploads/tourdefrance_stage15_hamilton_002.jpg

BdaGhisallo
07-09-2004, 12:22 PM
That's exactly the one I was looking for! Didn't even think to try google.

Cheers.

alembical
07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
No offense to Tyler, I think he is a wonderful rider, I have only heard good things about him, and I am sure his weightlessness helps his riding, but he is lucky he did not break both collar bones, his ribs and his arms. I know he is a tough individual, but it looks like any fall could be catastrophic.

Alembical

Dekonick
07-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Tyler Fall?

pale scotsman
07-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Ok check out the size o' tha noggin compared to the size o' the body. I bet it's real hard for him to stay that light. It isn't natural. Not with a physiology like that.

collinsc
07-09-2004, 11:09 PM
That is *not* what he normally looks like. That picture was taken in the middle of the hardest part of the tour. Everyone was looking like a skeleton, and nobody was trying to look like that.

Racing for three weeks is hard.