PDA

View Full Version : Monday Sept 17 th and the new 2008 line up is in production

Smiley
09-14-2007, 07:38 AM
I am excited to see the new colors and the new options for 2008. Dissapointed that a 2008 DKS system is not in the line up though :)

Blastinbob
09-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Some interesting changes and models deleted.

Smiley
09-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Some interesting changes and models deleted.
I am not sure any model were deleted, rather re-named as they should have been from the start. This is much easier line up to identify and explain away to future buyers imho.

Delpo
09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Does this mean that the HSG line goes away? Curious due to the current sale of 2007 stock in the classifieds section.

Delpo

steve575
09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Where are you seeing this? Is there a link to the '08 line up and colors?

Smiley
09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Does this mean that the HSG line goes away? Curious due to the current sale of 2007 stock in the classifieds section.

Delpo
No HSG is going strong and the word is out "Level" is in !!!!

ps: Serotta always blows out inventory or demo bikes by year end so they can build new photo shoot bikes and not carry the tax liability over for the next year as inventory but what do I know anyway :)

Blastinbob
09-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Where are you seeing this? Is there a link to the '08 line up and colors?
Owners club newsletter.

Teaser.....

SIMPLIFIED CHOICES

We've simplified the Serotta Custom road bike line-up for 2008.

There are four 2008 road bike models to choose from:

Sandy
09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
So how do we find out about new color choices if any, changes to a model of interest, fork offerings, and prices? As you know, I am probably going to buy some iteration of the all steel CDA, but I would want to know the above first.

I should probably decide this coming week if I get motivated to do what I need to do first.

Sandy

PS- Did you ride today?

Blastinbob
09-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Sandy, your CDA is still there. It looks like they have another "Serotta" fork to offer, possibly a lower cost alternative to an F3. I would imagine that it would most likely be available in one stiffness, time will tell on that one.

Richard
09-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll bet a nickel it's a rebadged Reynolds UL.

Pete Serotta
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Sandy, get that CDA. My son in law and my nephew both have them. The ride can not be beat.

AS to forks, leave it to SMILEY. You have some good choices (F3 - Nice), Uzo Pro (Nice) new F3 with Alum drop outs at a lower price point - I have seen but not tried). and Alpha Q (Nice)

Any color you want and any style - - Just see SPOKES styles.

Prices""" It is a present from Kevan

So how do we find out about new color choices if any, changes to a model of interest, fork offerings, and prices? As you know, I am probably going to buy some iteration of the all steel CDA, but I would want to know the above first.

I should probably decide this coming week if I get motivated to do what I need to do first.

Sandy

PS- Did you ride today?

Sandy
09-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Sandy, get that CDA. My son in law and my nephew both have them. The ride can not be beat.

AS to forks, leave it to SMILEY. You have some good choices (F3 - Nice), Uzo Pro (Nice) new F3 with Alum drop outs at a lower price point - I have seen but not tried). and Alpha Q (Nice)

Any color you want and any style - - Just see SPOKES styles.

Prices""" It is a present from Kevan

Did I just read that it is a present from Kevan??? Oh boy! Oh boy! I always knew I was his favorite!! :rolleyes:

Sandy

sg8357
09-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Bikes that didn't quite make the 2008 catalog.

Serotta Rambler American with the new OSGG, Old Slow Guy Geometry.
Serotta Hipster, Ti frame fixed gear, with carbon fiber top tube pad, whole bike green anodized with matching Velocity rims and Paul crank.
Serotta Porter Porteur, steel with front rack for 12 pack of micro-brew.

Scott G.

davids
09-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Owners club newsletter.

Teaser.....

SIMPLIFIED CHOICES

We've simplified the Serotta Custom road bike line-up for 2008.

There are four 2008 road bike models to choose from:
Lemme guess:

Steel, Ti, IT (Ti/Carbon), and Carbon.

Smiley
09-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Sandy Dandy, I rode today the ride that you like, you know the killer one with all them hills. I rode my Uniscasi STEEL another discountinued Serotta :) Fact is I am afraid to buy any more bikes for the sake of the membership here. I buy the bike and somebody kills the design, go figure.

Pete the new fork is called the Serotta S1 and it will have Aluminum drop out's and an internal Aluminum crown with a carbone steerer. A few more ounces of weight and will come as an 8.5 only. I think for the money it will be Da Bomb !

Sandy, lifes too short pal, u snooze u loose. Get me an order this weekend and we will secure a 2007 model frame and fork for you. We know the geometry and we will just touch up the slope on the TT. We got your number :banana:

abqhudson
09-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Maybe Serotta could give the forumites an advance peek! We would appreciate it.

Ozz
09-14-2007, 05:20 PM
No.

Membership has it's priviledges! (http://www.serotta.com/pages/ownersclub.html)

The rest of us just get teasers..... :rolleyes:

:beer:

Brian Smith
09-14-2007, 05:21 PM
I'll bet a nickel it's a rebadged Reynolds UL.

You'd lose the nickel!
Nope!

tbilly
09-14-2007, 06:33 PM
My Concours is now a collectors item!!!

Prices look very attractive, with some interesting price points and thoughtful changes.

Richard
09-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Easy come, easy go.

EDS
09-17-2007, 09:01 AM
I am excited to see the new colors and the new options for 2008. Dissapointed that a 2008 DKS system is not in the line up though :)

So where is this 2008 line-up?

Avispa
09-17-2007, 09:11 AM

Yeah... I am for that also, but there is a risk that someone in the forum may be a spy!

A! :D

Ti Designs
09-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey, 2008 is just like 2007...

Pete Serotta
09-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey, 2008 is just like 2007...

and the wine a year older...... :p

and I can use the glass tht a very special gentleman made and gave me. :D

thanks again

steve575
09-18-2007, 11:37 AM
The S-Fork is now showing up on the web site (sort of) and the "colors" page lists "SE Series Colors" and "GS Series Colors". The models are still the '07s.
I assume SE must be the custom bikes and GS the stock models?

Sandy
09-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Actually, I don't think that you are correct. The SE and GS models, I believe, are applicable to custom models, which are differentiated for a given model by fork (S-Fork versus F3) and other options such as color choices and design choices. I find the Serotta website almost incomprehensible relative to obtaining proper info as I think that it is incomplete, at best. The prices are mostly 2007, I think, but 2008 bikes are for sale. Look at the CDA (whatever that is called now) and you will see a clearer idea of what I am saying herein. That is the only model that I see the differences given, but I have not looked at them all. I am probably going to buy the all steel CDA.

I don't see how anyone can look at Serotta's own website and have a real clue as to what is going on, but maybe I am just not too bright.

I love Serotta, but the 2008 offerings are confusing in too many ways. The website badly needs to be updated relative to the 2008 bicycles, I think.

More confused than ever, and that is really saying something....

???????? Serotta Sandy

Smiley
09-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Actually, I don't think that you are correct. The SE and GS models, I believe, are applicable to custom models, which are differentiated for a given model by fork (S-Fork versus F3) and other options such as color choices and design choices. I find the Serotta website almost incomprehensible relative to obtaining proper info as I think that it is incomplete, at best. The prices are mostly 2007, I think, but 2008 bikes are for sale. Look at the CDA (whatever that is called now) and you will see a clearer idea of what I am saying herein. That is the only model that I see the differences given, but I have not looked at them all. I am probably going to buy the all steel CDA.

I don't see how anyone can look at Serotta's own website and have a real clue as to what is going on, but maybe I am just not too bright.

I love Serotta, but the 2008 offerings are confusing in too many ways. The website badly needs to be updated relative to the 2008 bicycles, I think.

More confused than ever, and that is really saying something....

???????? Serotta Sandy
Give the webmeister time, beside you know you got the correct poop from ME!

zap
09-18-2007, 12:58 PM

Sandy

PS- Did you ride today?

Riding tomorrow?

Sandy
09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
I would love to ride tomorrow. With you? Don't want to hold you back. I did learn a lot from you last time. I will PM you.

Sandy

deechee
09-18-2007, 01:35 PM
I am probably going to buy the all steel CDA.

I agree the site could use a touchup. The site doesn't do justice to the bikes. Am I correct to understand an all steel CDA (CIV? ha) is MORE expensive (http://www.serotta.com/pages/cda.html#) than a CDA with the carbon rear stay?

at this rate I'm definitely never going to be able to afford a custom Serotta ever again :(

Sandy
09-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Give the webmeister time, beside you know you got the correct poop from ME!

I understand that one has to wait until Serotta updates the site relative to 2008 models, but it can be very confusing if someone trys to get current pricing and model specifications and differences from the site, as so much current info is missing.

Sandy

davids
09-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I agree the site could use a touchup. The site doesn't do justice to the bikes. Am I correct to understand an all steel CDA (CIV? ha) is MORE expensive (http://www.serotta.com/pages/cda.html#) than a CDA with the carbon rear stay?

at this rate I'm definitely never going to be able to afford a custom Serotta ever again :(
It's clear that the website is in the process of being changed to include new model info, so most of the new stuff is still missing.

It looks to me like the SE versions offer more options than the GS models, in terms of paint schemes and colors and, in the case of the CDA, seatstays. And the SE has the better F3 fork. Dunno what the S fork is just yet...

boissy
09-18-2007, 01:55 PM
It's clear that the website is in the process of being changed to include new model info, so most of the new stuff is still missing.

It looks to me like the SE versions offer more options than the GS models, in terms of paint schemes and colors and, in the case of the CDA, seatstays. And the SE has the better F3 fork. Dunno what the S fork is just yet...

The S fork is basically an F3 8.5 in 2 rakes...43 and 52, but with Aluminum drop outs and crown race seat. My dealer told me it is priced around $375